Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

2004 crossfire not starting

Old 02-29-2016, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 crossfire not starting

I brought my crossfire for a alarm system.After a few days the mechanic gave me the bad news. He tried a lot and different mechanics but the car will not start. Even though the alarm is removed the engine will not turn over. I even can not read OBD codes, none, tried 3 different code reader and they all say "connection failure". I tried the violet starter wire behind the switch, it gives a solid 12v when turned but the violet wire that goes into the ECM just lights up a second. I do not hear any click of a relay. i soldered the wires in the relaybox no change, Where do i start finding the problem. Hope to find help here

Old 02-29-2016, 05:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 2004 crossfire not starting

Does the dash, light up? Do your headlights come on? Will doors lock an unlock? Have your mechanic, look up Skreem module on this forum under the Technical section! If your a DYIer, need more info., in order to help.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:19 PM

The dash lights up, i notice 2 wrenches with -11100 behind it. I am a mechanic myself but the problem is that since i can not read codes and i don't know what happened i need a jump start. I bought a manual with all the wiring and tomorrow i will look at the pulse module. Didn't check the headlights yet and the doorlocks are not working. How can i see if the immobilizer has engaged?

Old 02-29-2016, 06:36 PM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

There are 3 general symptoms :
1. Dash lights light, starter does not engage. ( generally the RCM module )
2. Cranks over but does not start, 3 times , then nothing until you reset by disconnecting the battery : generally a SKREEM ( security module ) issue.
3. Tries to start, no 3 limit : generally the Crankshaft Position Sensor or harness contacts to it.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 2 wrenches and 11100 indicate, it's time for the B maintenance schedule to be attended too and how long it's been!

Old 03-01-2016, 11:36 AM

Lights turn on. The lock/unlock button on the dash does not work. The tow switch light stays on all the time and the spoiler light keeps blinking when ignition is on. Spoiler does not move. With ignition on all usual dash lights turn on. I checked the violet wire going to the starter and both are good. Noticed that when i put a test light at the ground sensor wire (pink/red) the starter motor turned. I also mentioned that i am not able to read OBD codes "no communication with ECU". Also measured the ground sensor wire (brown/yellow) to the ECU and i am getting 0.00 volts with ignition on. Before i take the conclusion that the ECU is fried i will need to find all ignition and battery wires going into the ecu and see if they get juice. Allready measured all fuses twice and they look good. Maybe one not important thing. As sson as i switch the car on the fan starts running at top speed. I purchased the manual so i can trace all wires and stuff. Help is greatly appreciated

Old 03-01-2016, 10:48 PM
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ptrustfull
Lights turn on. The lock/unlock button on the dash does not work. The tow switch light stays on all the time and the spoiler light keeps blinking when ignition is on. Spoiler does not move. With ignition on all usual dash lights turn on. I checked the violet wire going to the starter and both are good. Noticed that when i put a test light at the ground sensor wire (pink/red) the starter motor turned. I also mentioned that i am not able to read OBD codes "no communication with ECU". Also measured the ground sensor wire (brown/yellow) to the ECU and i am getting 0.00 volts with ignition on. Before i take the conclusion that the ECU is fried i will need to find all ignition and battery wires going into the ecu and see if they get juice. Allready measured all fuses twice and they look good. Maybe one not important thing. As sson as i switch the car on the fan starts running at top speed. I purchased the manual so i can trace all wires and stuff. Help is greatly appreciated

Have you checked ALL fuses?

Did this alarm system also have push button start for the car?

Who did the alarm install? They might be able to help as to what they did on install.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:18 AM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KDW4Him
Have you checked ALL fuses?

Did this alarm system also have push button start for the car?

Who did the alarm install? They might be able to help as to what they did on install.
All of that makes a lot of sense.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:59 PM

Got it to start. I measured the grounds and ignition power wires on the c5 connector. There was one red/green wire that was not getting power. It gets it power from the rcm. The middle relay (ECU power) was the problem. I think that it was burned in, it clicked but did not let the power through. replaced it and now it is running again. Thanks for all the help.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Forum Regular

Glad to hear that your up and running!