Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Supercharger not working-suggestions?

Old 12-30-2014, 05:22 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Supercharger not working-suggestions?

I'm going to try a new IC pump. The one I have never feels like it is vibrating. I had heard that if the pump ws bad the SC would still work when the motor was cold and mine never did. I guess I have to try. It has had the pump replaced as the wires have been cut and spliced into. I'll get a couple of pics to Rob at NeedsWings and he will determine what I have and need. I will stll need somebody to install the pump due to my back and hip. An oil change might be a good idea also, maybe a tune up if I have the cash for that this month.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:35 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

If the IAT sensor senses the inlet air temperature is too hot then the SC will not be allowed to work, simple stuff right?

If the IAT sensor is faulty in some manner and is giving no signal or a high temperature signal, is disconnected or whatever is it possible that the default in that scenario is to stop the SC from working to prevent possible damage?

Could a faulty or disconnected MAP sensor also cause these problems?

Old 12-31-2014, 11:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet2002
My mods are a NeedsWings DCAI and a Eurocharged 65mm puley. Car ran like a terror after these two mods. Then I got the tune and now my SC does not function. Euro. says it is not the tune. Jerry said they have but 3 tunes and have used each about 75 times. I am getting power to the SC line/wiring. Even dead cold it does not boost so that should rule out the IC pump. There are no codes. The K-40 soldering looks good. What else can I check before I need professional help. What does a EU reflash cost from the dealer? I hope that this can be resolved before I need to hope a reflash does get the sc working. Thanks all. Mark
Did you pull the ECU and reinstall it yourself? There is a step by step procedure to remove it and reinstall it.
When I reinstalled my ECU after a RENNTECH tune one of the cam lock retainers did not seat right and it sounded like I had a 3 cylinder motor.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Forum Regular

First, when I asked bout some direct dialog with ala_xfire it was because I had a lot of questions. I am confused wiht a lot of this electrical info. Now I have a CEL which I think is due to my testing, I think I blew a fuse or damaged something. What is odd about the wiring to the SC is that the pink/black wire is on the top going into the clip and on the bottom on the way out to the SC, seems odd to me anyways. I will see if I can get the CEL checked and continue.
I can't even find out if the SC would work if the IC pump went bad when cold or not. I cannot feel the IC pump vibrating after revving the motor past 2000rpm and then letting the motor idle and it is supposed to stay running until the key is turned off. More to come.
Steve this is an email tune, the ECU was not removed. Either the tune caused this issue or damaged something while installing the tune that is stopping boost.

Last edited by Sweet2002; 01-01-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:46 AM

First, when I asked bout some direct dialog with ala_xfire it was because I had a lot of questions. I am confused wiht a lot of this electrical info. Now I have a CEL which I think is due to my testing, I think I blew a fuse or damaged something. What is odd about the wiring to the SC is that the pink/black wire is on the top going into the clip and on the bottom on the way out to the SC, seems odd to me anyways. I will see if I can get the CEL checked and continue.
I can't even find out if the SC would work if the IC pump went bad when cold or not. I cannot feel the IC pump vibrating after revving the motor past 2000rpm and then letting the motor idle and it is supposed to stay running until the key is turned off. More to come.
Steve this is an email tune, the ECU was not removed. Either the tune caused this issue or damaged something while installing the tune that is stopping boost.
Get the code read by someone and report back. The SC should work even without the cooling pump working, it will work until the coolant gets to hot.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

In reviewing everything in this thread, I think SIFI has come closest to the problem solution.
RCM engine control relay/contacts or F2 blown. This is the point of power for the SC clutch AND the 2 upstream O2 sensors.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Forum Regular

I read the codes with the Euro software and found out why the SC is not working but not what all codes are nor how to fix these items. Here are the codes:
1. 0410=Secondary air injection
2. 0412=Secondary air injection
Those would stop the SC from working
3. 446=evap emissions control?
the next 4 were read but not identified
61BA
61BE

Now to address these one at a time, anyone? Could the tune have had anything to do with these? I have to find out here to look for the sir injection as I do believe it has to do with the SC function

By the way where is the RCM located, relay control module, is this what is often called the K-40 and is next to the ecu?

Last edited by Sweet2002; 01-01-2015 at 12:26 PM. Reason: addition
Old 01-01-2015, 12:36 PM

I read the codes with the Euro software and found out why the SC is not working but not what all codes are nor how to fix these items. Here are the codes:
1. 0410=Secondary air injection
2. 0412=Secondary air injection
Those would stop the SC from working
Who said this will stop it working? Because it is not true.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:13 PM

Some scans from the 'Crossfire Convertible and Supercharger Engine Update' workbook.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
PLATE023 (788x1024).jpg (480.0 KB, 6 views)
PLATE0272.jpg (1.21 MB, 11 views)
PLATE02722.jpg (1.56 MB, 9 views)
PLATE0282.jpg (1.07 MB, 9 views)
PLATE02821.jpg (603.2 KB, 8 views)
PLATE0292.jpg (893.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-02-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Who said this will stop it working? Because it is not true.
I believe I read that recently but could be wrong. I do know if the emissions are not up to snuff the SC will not work, why add more fuel to a motor that is not emissions compliant.
How about the IC pump? Mine does not work, would the SC still work with the coolant cold or does the SC stop functioning if the IC pump also stops? Anyone?

Old 01-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turn the key to run but leave the engine off. Connect the left side of fuse 14 and 13 with a paper clip (preferably actually a multimeter set to dc amps). You should hear the pump run. If not replace it.<br />
If it is not running the SC will run sometimes. But only usually when you first start it. After the intercooler heats up the SC will not work.
<br />
<br />
First, when I asked bout some direct dialog with ala_xfire it was because I had a lot of questions. I am confused wiht a lot of this electrical info. Now I have a CEL which I think is due to my testing, I think I blew a fuse or damaged something. What is odd about the wiring to the SC is that the pink/black wire is on the top going into the clip and on the bottom on the way out to the SC, seems odd to me anyways. I will see if I can get the CEL checked and continue. <br />
I can't even find out if the SC would work if the IC pump went bad when cold or not. I cannot feel the IC pump vibrating after revving the motor past 2000rpm and then letting the motor idle and it is supposed to stay running until the key is turned off. More to come.<br />

Last edited by AB_SRT6; 01-01-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:28 PM

I believe I read that recently but could be wrong. I do know if the emissions are not up to snuff the SC will not work, why add more fuel to a motor that is not emissions compliant.
How about the IC pump? Mine does not work, would the SC still work with the coolant cold or does the SC stop functioning if the IC pump also stops? Anyone?
I'm sorry but the questions you are asking have been answered in this thread already. We cannot get the information through to you.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I'm sorry but the questions you are asking have been answered in this thread already. We cannot get the information through to you.

You are correct, my brain has begun to shut down with all of the reading and testing I have done, I will likely change the IC pump and then make an appointment with a shop I trust in Pompano Beach, an overnight trip for me but worth it if the SC begins to work again.
I am still interested in the engine control relay. I think this is next to the ECU in the same box as the ECU and has a 40 amp fuse and several 15 amp fuses. One of the 15 amp fuses blew today and I am wondering if it was the one for the PCR/ECR?

Old 01-01-2015, 08:11 PM

Forget the pollution.
Forget the pump.
Does the magnet work when it is jumped or not?
Replace the blown fuse.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contact Robert Maier he can help you if you still have trouble. You just have to be patient for him to answer as he is not on line a lot. RMaier on the forum

Old 01-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

You are correct, my brain has begun to shut down with all of the reading and testing I have done, I will likely change the IC pump and then make an appointment with a shop I trust in Pompano Beach, an overnight trip for me but worth it if the SC begins to work again.
I am still interested in the engine control relay. I think this is next to the ECU in the same box as the ECU and has a 40 amp fuse and several 15 amp fuses. One of the 15 amp fuses blew today and I am wondering if it was the one for the PCR/ECR?
I'm interested to know the name of the shop you trust in Pompano Beach, please?

Old 01-02-2015, 02:26 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I will likely change the IC pump and then make an appointment with a shop I trust in Pompano Beach
The Benz boys speak highly of Prestige Mercedes in Ft Myers (239-432-0402) Vince, owner
& BenzTech Corp in Bonita Springs (10625 Shangri La Rd, 239-289-0080).

Old 01-02-2015, 04:56 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
I'm interested to know the name of the shop you trust in Pompano Beach, please?
I don't have a name. I bought my car from Exotic Sports cars in Pompano and the shop is about a block or 2 south, same side of street. The mechanic is named Tony and is an EX_MB mechanic. This shop looked like it was an old service station.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grey Blitz
Contact Robert Maier he can help you if you still have trouble. You just have to be patient for him to answer as he is not on line a lot. RMaier on the forum

Rob was great. He gave me his number and talked me through several tests taking about 30 minutes of his time. He believes the IC pump will be the fix, I have to check the fuses on the left side of my dashboard(2002 SLK32 AMG) Thanks for that tip as he caught it today!

Old 01-02-2015, 05:15 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Rob was great. He gave me his number and talked me through several tests taking about 30 minutes of his time. He believes the IC pump will be the fix, I have to check the fuses on the left side of my dashboard(2002 SLK32 AMG) Thanks for that tip as he caught it today!

You should meet him in person - very respectable guy to know..

Quick Reply: Supercharger not working-suggestions?