Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

true dual exhaust help

Old 11-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default true dual exhaust help

Anyone care to share what they have done here? I would like to delete the resonator and add true dual exhuast all the way out. What type of muffler has been used? Thanks!

Old 11-19-2012, 11:19 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: true dual exhaust help

I am in the same boat so I have been looking and one CAT back system that appears to eliminate the resonator is from Magnaflow. It's hard to tell from the picture which I think is generic but if you click on the product manual it appears that way and it has dual mufflers and tips.

Last edited by JEFASOLD; 11-19-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 11-20-2012, 05:41 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

There is a bunch of threads with details and pictures on this topic. Here is my setup.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:22 AM

This is mine. It has rear cats deleted and Smittys turbo tubes installed in spot. I added Magnaflow straight flow mufflers on the back end to quiet it down a little more and changed the tips to double wall stainless. They look similar to stock but better IMO and they sound great.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
exhaust underside duals.jpg (96.2 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg
exhaust rear.jpg (97.3 KB, 192 views)
Old 11-20-2012, 09:36 AM

Thanks, I couldn't find your post Beaner. Nothing shows up with x pipe.

I found magnaflows true crossover X pipe on-line.

Anyone know what to stay away from on magnaflow's list of mufflers with tips in the link below?
MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

Is the 6" body too big? I would like as large of a body as possible to keep the tone low. I would also liek to see if there is a true dual in and dual out.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JesseJamessrt6
I found magnaflows true crossover X pipe on-line.... I would also liek to see if there is a true dual in and dual out.
Would you consider a hybrid of both?

Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | Mufflers | Ultra Flo™ X Mufflers

I've considered this muffler for my own setup...

Old 11-20-2012, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Beaner
There is a bunch of threads with details and pictures on this topic. Here is my setup.

beaner, im using your setup to tell my shop what i want, i already got the pipe. My question is did they make the inlet holes on the muffler larger when they welded the pipes to it? because i know the pipes that come on them are smaller.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Would you consider a hybrid of both?

Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | Mufflers | Ultra Flo™ X Mufflers

I've considered this muffler for my own setup...

This seems like a great idea. How does the dynomax sound compared to the magnaflow? Does it matter that the "X" is in the muffler vs. before the muffler to equalize the pressure?

I had always liked 4 chamber 3" flowmasters on my previous cars becuase they give that low tone gurgle sound.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by caseycowan5
beaner, im using your setup to tell my shop what i want, i already got the pipe. My question is did they make the inlet holes on the muffler larger when they welded the pipes to it? because i know the pipes that come on them are smaller.
I ordered the mufflers with 2½" in and outlet and I think we did open up the muffler inlet to go over the 2½" pipe. The tips were also expanded to suit. If you do it carefully it wont split, a little too fast and you will have to weld a seam up no big deal

Old 11-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JesseJamessrt6
This seems like a great idea. How does the dynomax sound compared to the magnaflow? Does it matter that the "X" is in the muffler vs. before the muffler to equalize the pressure?

I had always liked 4 chamber 3" flowmasters on my previous cars becuase they give that low tone gurgle sound.
No clue on the flow/sound, it just seems to be very well-constructed.

There's a guy that put a Hooker on his SRT-6 (the muffler, not the hoe) and the sound is fantastic -- has that "gurgle" you mention. I think it was distantpulse, a member on here. Could be mistaken though.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:30 PM

I ordered the mufflers with 2½" in and outlet and I think we did open up the muffler inlet to go over the 2½" pipe. The tips were also expanded to suit. If you do it carefully it wont split, a little too fast and you will have to weld a seam up no big deal
Ok thanks, im an N/A so i got 2.25" xpipe thats the correct stock pipe size right? And i dont think im going to change the tips but any tips on cutting that thick material that the muffler is made of?

Old 11-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what I put on mine.
Magnaflow 14379 Stainless Steel 2.5" Oval Muffler : Amazon.com : Automotive Magnaflow 14379 Stainless Steel 2.5" Oval Muffler : Amazon.com : Automotive

Took everything off up to the cats and had a shop tube it up. Sounds great to me and others that have heard it. Might be a bit loud to you just depends on what you like.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

That exhaust pipe is dangerously close to the fuel pump and filter and no shield.
This might be the first Crossfire V8 fireball.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
That exhaust pipe is dangerously close to the fuel pump and filter and no shield.
This might be the first Crossfire V8 fireball.
Relax there ole timer, No issues, no sign of hoses getting to hot, you can grab the hose with your hgand after a long drive. Sometimes I put the plastic piece on, sometimes I don't. Yes I had to cut that plastic guard to make it fit.
Drove long trips, sat in traffic, Ontario emissions test passed with either engine installed, what more do you want. No fireball yet and it has been 3 years with this setup

It was a little raspy with the NA V6 but not any more.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Relax there ole timer, No issues, no sign of hoses getting to hot, you can grab the hose with your hgand after a long drive. Sometimes I put the plastic piece on, sometimes I don't. Yes I had to cut that plastic guard to make it fit.
Drove long trips, sat in traffic, Ontario emissions test passed with either engine installed, what more do you want. No fireball yet and it has been 3 years with this setup

It was a little raspy with the NA V6 but not any more.
With the hose leak at the fuel pump on here the other day, I had thoughts of baked Beaners.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Does anyone know the diameter of the exhaust on the SRT6? where there are still two pipes, and when it goes to one. I was thinking of making my own, I have a tubing bender and can get the correct size mandrel. Would probably buy an X member from magna flow, maybe their mufflers, too.