Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Megan Racing M-RS Exhaust

Old 04-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Megan Racing M-RS Exhaust

Originally Posted by hcarter
Mine before I changed the tips
Megan-RS

This is how I wanted mine to look. The shop that was doing my exhaust just sent me a picture and the tips protrude a bit more than I was hoping them to. I am going to see if there is anything they can do to recess it a little bit more. I hate to sound like a picky douchebag customer but at the end of the day the customer is always right.........right?

***Edit: Just spoke with the shop and showed them this picture and they were super cool about it so I will be picking my car up tomorrow with the exhaust how I want it.

Last edited by HOT FIYA; 04-22-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Forum Regular

I had the exhaust shop recess it in a little bit further this morning and i'm extremely happy with how it sits now. For anyone wondering, I just had them cut off the rear muffler and weld exhaust piping from behind the resonator back. They charged me $150 for everything so i'm super happy with it.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA
I had the exhaust shop recess it in a little bit further this morning and i'm extremely happy with how it sits now. For anyone wondering, I just had them cut off the rear muffler and weld exhaust piping from behind the resonator back. They charged me $150 for everything so i'm super happy with it.

Is that Camaro next to your car or challenger?

Old 04-24-2014, 04:55 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ijaved
Is that Camaro next to your car or challenger?
It's my roomate's Camaro ZL1.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:59 PM

wow ZL1 maybe someday you can post a picture of it love the exhaust btw. I got the same one just before I stored my crossfire for winter they charged me the same amount $150 Canadian after taxes and took them less than half an hour did it infront me.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:55 AM

How does it sound with the resonator still in there?

Drone?

Old 04-28-2014, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Egodriver71

Drone?
Very bad... Drone at 2.5 rpm was driving me crazy. I was about to get it off my car and put the stock back on. Then I took them off and it was better. However I only drove it a day cause winter made me store the car away. But yes much better without them.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Forum Regular

wow ZL1 maybe someday you can post a picture of it love the exhaust btw. I got the same one just before I stored my crossfire for winter they charged me the same amount $150 Canadian after taxes and took them less than half an hour did it infront me.
I have plenty of pictures of it, I need to upload them to my Photobucket and then i'll post them up.

Originally Posted by Egodriver71

Drone?
My setup retained the resonator (basically just an axle-back) and honestly most of the time I can barely even tell that anything is aftermarket with my exhaust setup. Start up and idle it basically sounds like the stock system. Under heavy throttle I can hear it a little bit but the intake and supercharger are still considerably louder than the exhaust.

Very bad... Drone at 2.5 rpm was driving me crazy. I was about to get it off my car and put the stock back on. Then I took them off and it was better. However I only drove it a day cause winter made me store the car away. But yes much better without them.
That's so odd because mine has practically no drone whatsoever. Or maybe i'm just used to having a much louder car? My previous cars that I had exhausts on ('88 RX-7, '97 M3, '07 Cobalt SS, '05 Mazdaspeed Miata) were all considerably louder. This is the quietest exhaust setup i've had to date. Granted it's just an axle-back whereas I had full exhaust systems or at least cat-backs on my previous cars. Not to mention my roomate drives a ZL1 Camaro which is just about the loudest car from the factory I can think of.....lol.