Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Megan Racing M-RS Exhaust

Old 03-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: Megan Racing M-RS Exhaust

Originally Posted by GDrag
There is a drone 60-65. You can easily get out of that drone, if riding in 5th gear. Around 2000-2500 rpm there is a drone riding in 6th. Trust me, you wouldn't regret getting this muffler even if you got that slight drone!

GDrag, u may try a header silencer insert ! It installs in 1 are both of your tail pipes. You may get just one and cut in half . I had a drone at 30 to 40 with my muffler delete install one silencer in 1 tail pipe and drone is gone . Silencer is about 35.00 at a race shop. You can find online for about 50 to 60$ , they come in several dia and are about 6 inches long. Good Luck DANNY

Old 11-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Megan Racing M-RS Exhaust

GDrag, I've been listening to your YT clip and I'm very serious about getting one of these for my coupe. Thanks for the YT post.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:26 PM

Hey guys I just ordered that very same muffler and stopped by at my local Meineke shop to see if they can weld it on. They quoted me around $200 and pointed out that our stock mufflers are offset while megan has centered inlet. They said it might mess up my idle, create extra back pressure, decrease acceleration, blah blah blah. They suggested I get a muffler with an offset close to stock. I had megan before on other cars and had no problems. My qustions are:
1. Did anybody have any problems after installing it on the xfire?
2. Did you cut out the resonator as well or just the muffler?
3. Does $200 seem fair for a install like this?
Thanx a lot!
Nik

Old 11-05-2011, 11:13 PM

I just bought my Megan racing m-rs exhaust. I was watching videos on youtube and was totally sold by the video below I cant wait to get it I literally just purchased it

Old 11-06-2011, 03:57 PM

good job you wont regret it, i bought mine a month ago, the sound is amazing from the outside, loud from the inside but i like it. Then i installed a dcai, which makes it even louderrrrr, i love it, everyone loves it, exept my neighbors:P

Old 11-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Talking Re: Megan Racing M-RS Exhaust

Right on!! At first I cut my pipe off torward the back then I decided to cut my cats off.... BAD idea it doesn't sound to good so I'm taking it in getting my catsnput back on the getting the Megan racing put on what do you think cats or no cats?

Old 12-23-2011, 09:46 PM

I had on of these installed last week. It's so loud. I ended up having the guy install another resonator because it was way too loud, especially inside the cabin. Maybe I just gotta get used to. First time I've had any type of aftermarket muffler. Looks awesome though, and outside it sound great.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:46 PM

I had one of these installed last week. It's so loud. I ended up having the guy install another resonator because it was way too loud, especially inside the cabin. Maybe I just gotta get used to. First time I've had any type of aftermarket muffler. Looks awesome though, and outside it sound great.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys running into any emissions issues? I know it says they're for "off-road use only", just want to make sure before I plop down the dough.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:51 PM

No issues here. Had it on for almost 2 years now. Passes emissions no prob. Its a very nice muffler overall.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:01 PM

There should be no problems with emissions as the catalytic converters are not modified in anyway. The put the "for off road use only" message to keep the lawyers happy.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by itsky
There should be no problems with emissions as the catalytic converters are not modified in anyway. The put the "for off road use only" message to keep the lawyers happy.
You are 100% correct on that one! It's just a muffler w no alterations to the rest of the exhaust system. Now if you go str8 pipe...

Old 06-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a drone 60-65. You can easily get out of that drone, if riding in 5th gear. Around 2000-2500 rpm there is a drone riding in 6th. Trust me, you wouldn't regret getting this muffler even if you got that slight drone!
Just got these put on a few days ago, took the others advice and had them protrude about 1.5" past the stock exhaust. I'll second the drone in any gear riding between 2,000-2,500RPM, my fiance wasn't a fan and too much for me so I put the black resonators back in. Maybe the sound will clear up with break-in, but it sounded very "ricey" when cruising. Does sound great at WOT though!

7a0ef4f2.jpg

b3881e8e.jpg

2fa7f1c7.jpg

Old 06-18-2012, 10:58 PM

Just installed maybe 50 miles ago on my srt6, not nearly as loud as i thought or a couple people were stating. Sounds good accelerating from a stop but at idle or startup i cant even tell theres a different exhaust on there.

anyone remove the resonator as well? does it create a more noticable/louder tone or should i be looking for a magnaflow? I had someone install it and he said he left it in but i can be cut out if needed.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:46 PM

did you guys remove your cat as well ? I am about to get them installed thinking of removing the rear cats.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by ijaved
did you guys remove your cat as well ? I am about to get them installed thinking of removing the rear cats.
I did not remove the cats when I had this muffler.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:22 AM

I got mine installed yesterday within half an hour and $100 Canadian from Zoro Mufflers in Mississauga. Didn't remove the rear cats but boy is it loud. I finally know what drone is my ear hurts now hahaha. I went the same way as Indelibility did sticking em out 1.5". Drone is bad at 50 to 60mph I am going to try removing one of the silencer from the muffler and see if that helps as someone here suggested that to reduce drone.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just ordered my Megan Racing M-RS muffler today via Amazon. It was about $130 shipped.....not too shabby. My close friend actually does exhaust fab on the side and has a portable welder so once it arrives we're going get the car up on jack-stands in my garage to get some measurements and then make a trip to Pep Boys since they now carry Vibrant exhaust components to get some piping and whatever else is needed. He's welding it up for me for free-ninety-nine so this ought to be the best $150 i've ever spent on a car! lol

Old 03-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Forum Regular

I've got this muffler with the stock resonator delete. For me the drone is too much without the black insert silencers, but not loud enough with them. Someone suggested just inserting one, but then the pipes would look off balance. Any ideas other than installing an inline resonator before the muffler?

I'm not quite sure how the silencer inserts work. Could they be modified to allow a bit more volume?

Old 03-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Forum Regular

So did you guys just replace the muffler itself? I was under the impression that you would also need to replace the piping between the resonator and the muffler itself in order for it to fit correctly. My M-RS muffler came in the other day and I was hoping to get it mocked up this weekend.

Quick Reply: Megan Racing M-RS Exhaust