Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Tvt250

Old 05-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tvt250

Was there still a slightly milder tune available for those who didn't want to upgrade the injectors? If I recall right you guys were offering the cheapest ECU flash before this package was available. I didn't see how to purchase the old flash on your site and how much it was.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:25 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Injectors are 450.00 and are for sale on the site.
With adding the CAI you will not be able to keep the stock airbox, that is why we offer the kit to work with the stock air box. Adding the CAI will put you around 265HP.
We do offer a basic reflash good for about +18HP and +20TQ.
The main reason why you want to add injectors is to allow the car to not run lean and ultimately run safer. The boost in HP in TQ is just a bonus.

Anthony

Old 05-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Question Re: Tvt250

Are the tvt injectors for the tvt250 package larger than those on the MB M112s? Im just trying to gauge what this package means for the mb community Ive been directing more and more of our NA M112 guys over to these threads. Keep up the good work.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:42 PM

Hi Tvt guys:

I was wondering if there is any added value to add a sprint booster to the package? if so how much would you package it for? I was also wondering if the mods in the original airbox work better than the cold air intake you guys have for sale?

Thanks for the info....

Old 05-02-2008, 11:08 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Yes the injectors are larger then the stock M112 injectors plus they are a newer disc type design. Basically that means it will have fuel atomization.

The Air box mods will work almost as well as the CAI, but the benefit is that it looks stock. If you are looking for maximum HP then the CAI is the way to go.

A sprint booster is the perfect addition to alleviate the throttle lag associated with these cars. We can throw in a Sprint Booster for 300.00 if purchased with the kit.

Anthony

Old 05-14-2008, 09:41 PM

How are the installs/results coming along? I havent heard/seen anyone commenting about the package for a while now....

Thanks,

Old 05-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TruTaing
How are the installs/results coming along? I havent heard/seen anyone commenting about the package for a while now....

Thanks,
Yeah, my $1200 is still in the bank

Old 05-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad story and a couple of questions...

First, I pulled up to a 350z a couple days ago and lets just say I miss my G35 badly. Honestly it was fairly close but a red light called it off short. I had just got into 4th and he started to pull on me a tad before the stop, pretty much a draw. It was funny that he stayed back about 5 cars afterwards though, kind of glad because I didn't want to get walked =-P

1. With this kit will I be seeing the *** end of that 350 again?

2. I was reading and you said around 10 people have purchased the kit...Have any of them been put on a dyno? If not, have the buyers felt a good increase?

3. I am in VA, if I drive up there can the whole kit be done while I wait and will there be extra cost for you to install?

4. I bought the car at Carmax, is my BS warranty going to be dead? I need to take it in for 1st gear pop out issue, headlamp fog and so on.

Any answer/info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:31 PM

I think TVT has been pretty busy lately, they just relocated, so Im sure its pretty hectic over their. They were supposed to go to the track a couple weeks back, so Im sure now that the weather is getting nicer we'll see some 1/4 times.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:04 PM
TVT_DESIGN

It has rained 4 out of 7 days for the past couple of weeks. I'm shooting for this Wednesday.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
It has rained 4 out of 7 days for the past couple of weeks. I'm shooting for this Wednesday.
I've read all about the 250 kit. So far I haven't been able to find anyone who has installed it. I am considering ordering this from you after I get more information. Also I am a back yard mechanic. How hard is it to install the injectors on the crossfire. I had trouble with a mazda. Getting to them was a pain. Seating them without leaks was tricky. Do you send complete instructions. Or do I need the crossfire repair manual. I already have the sprint booster that I purchased from you.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Glockhit
I've read all about the 250 kit. So far I haven't been able to find anyone who has installed it. I am considering ordering this from you after I get more information. Also I am a back yard mechanic. How hard is it to install the injectors on the crossfire. I had trouble with a mazda. Getting to them was a pain. Seating them without leaks was tricky. Do you send complete instructions. Or do I need the crossfire repair manual. I already have the sprint booster that I purchased from you.
Fitting the injectors is a very straight forward job, i did mine in just over an hour.

when seating them spray a little light oil on the o-rings to ease them in .

Old 06-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stevieb
Fitting the injectors is a very straight forward job, i did mine in just over an hour.

Thanks Steve. I really want to do this install myself. Was it hard to get to them, or is there room to move the wrench around.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by stevieb

was the kit worth the money? I was waiting for someone to try it before I bought one

Old 06-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Forum Regular

First, this is a FANTASTIC and easy mod. No wrenches on the injectors -- held to fuel rail with clips.

with an ecu tune this really changes the Xfire -- great accelleration all the way to redline!!!!

Old 06-12-2008, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tazz
First, this is a FANTASTIC and easy mod. No wrenches on the injectors -- held to fuel rail with clips.

with an ecu tune this really changes the Xfire -- great accelleration all the way to redline!!!!
I think I might save some money up this summer, I might buy an intake now and do the tune and injectors a little later on. It was my girlfriends birthday yesterday so that depleted some of my funds. Maybe do some work to the mustang too . I still want to see if there are any problems that pop up with the injectors as far as warranty issues and emissions tests.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:36 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
I think I might save some money up this summer, I might buy an intake now and do the tune and injectors a little later on. It was my girlfriends birthday yesterday so that depleted some of my funds. Maybe do some work to the mustang too . I still want to see if there are any problems that pop up with the injectors as far as warranty issues and emissions tests.
In regards to emissions i tested my car after fitting the injectors and was very very pleased to find that they were well within the british guide lines, to the extent that i am now going to remove my rear cats.
If you want more power and better safer running of your crossfire engine you really want to get the injectors. It really is a no brainer.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:45 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
was the kit worth the money? I was waiting for someone to try it before I bought one
Worth every penny!

Old 07-22-2008, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
Well we're pretty confident with our power packages thus far and are ready to release a Stage 1 for the N/A boosting it to about 250 HP...
Have you had a chance to substantiate verifiable improvements at the track?

stallion8797 made the 'other' M112 aficionados aware of your efforts back in April..http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho....php?p=2951889

Old 07-27-2008, 06:56 AM
Forum Regular

Has anyone with the TVT250 kit installed been able to get an idea about gas mileage. I would assume the larger injectors are going to have an effect. I am just curious what the impact on mileage will be in normal commute type driving.

Quick Reply: Tvt250