Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Tvt250

Old 04-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tvt250

Originally Posted by khanable
any pics of the inside of that modified airbox?

perhaps you can sell instructions for people to do it themselves, saving us some $$ on your kit. Then you can just sell the injectors and ECU tune and the filters and whatnot..

just a thought.
The more money you save, the less money he makes. TVT is running a business, not UNICEF...

Old 04-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

^^^LOL so true. While I like deals everybody today expects something for nothing. Where were we just a year ago for mods? ZIP! So appreciate that someone is even working on this car as nobody but TVT and Needswings seem to to care.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:11 PM

Shaving some cash off the price tag of the kit for instructions to do it yourself doesn't seem all that horrible, does it? I mean think about it -- he's saving on shipping it back to you (should you go that route), and he's not using his time to do the mod himself.

Could be a win/win. But hey, what the hell do I know.

As I had said earlier, 'just a thought'.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by newCrossfire
ditto. im waiting on this because im split between buying parts for the muscle car or for the crossfire???
I am too now... If I can bump the CR up in my mustang, get some hooker super comps and get the right cam I can easily add 125+ hp to what Its got now

Old 04-29-2008, 03:27 AM
TVT_DESIGN

Basically what we do for the airbox is to remove as much material from the inside as possible. The benefit of us doing it is knowing it's done right, not saying that you can't do it riight either. Just open it up and hack away.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:58 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

When you modify the airbox you also increase the tubing and inlet behind the grill to the airbox right? I looked at it yesterday and the inlet into the tubes is TINY TINY TINY.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:06 PM

Did you guys hit the track yet?

Old 04-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MAYAman
When you modify the airbox you also increase the tubing and inlet behind the grill to the airbox right? I looked at it yesterday and the inlet into the tubes is TINY TINY TINY.
I removed the wire mesh inlet screen fron the airbox, its easy, just cut it with wire dikes, and anything imbedded in the plastic can be pulled out with needle nose pliers.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
Basically what we do for the airbox is to remove as much material from the inside as possible. The benefit of us doing it is knowing it's done right, not saying that you can't do it riight either. Just open it up and hack away.
Will you have it done before Carlisle?? While I like what I see from NeedsWings, I don't want to lose the factory airbox look. I'm waiting to see where you are with the airbox mod/ECU tune numbers to see if I want to go this route.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:59 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Danimal,

Not sure if you have been following this but we hit 253HP with the stock airbox (modified), ecu tune, and injectors. With our CAI we broke the 260HP mark. If you want to keep the stock box you will not notice the 5HP disadvantage. We are actually directing most of our efforts to stock appearing performance. The less that looks different the better.

Anthony

Old 04-30-2008, 03:52 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

We are actually directing most of our efforts to stock appearing performance. The less that looks different the better.

Anthony
Agreed!! Thanks Anthony.....looks like I may need to cash in a CD.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:58 AM

I already have an ECU tune. Would I be able to purchase just injectors?

Old 04-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you'll find that you need a new ECU tune/flash to configure the new injectors.
In my opinion, the last mod to do is the ECU tune (assuming your car runs with all the other mod's), this way the tune can be tailored to suit all the other mod's.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by spensley
I think you'll find that you need a new ECU tune/flash to configure the new injectors.
In my opinion, the last mod to do is the ECU tune (assuming your car runs with all the other mod's), this way the tune can be tailored to suit all the other mod's.
Hmm I have the power chip 93 ECU tune. Can't say I am really interested in getting another tune. I guess I'll have to pass then.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:50 PM
TVT_DESIGN

We've sold several kits to owners that alreay have an ECU tune and the kit works fine. It will not work with the stock ECU tune. All aftermarket ECU tuned lean out the fuel trim and this is what is needed to allow bigger injectors to run without becoming overly rich. Our tune is more fine tuned for the larger injectors and is what the quoted HP is from. You will more then likely be within 2-3% of our advertised HP with a similar tune from Inmotion, Upsolute, etc.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:19 PM

I really like that you have kept it looking as stock as possible. Let me know when you get the Stage2 kit all worked out... as I want to have you guys do it all at one time

Old 04-30-2008, 04:50 PM

Danimal,

Not sure if you have been following this but we hit 253HP with the stock airbox (modified), ecu tune, and injectors. With our CAI we broke the 260HP mark. If you want to keep the stock box you will not notice the 5HP disadvantage. We are actually directing most of our efforts to stock appearing performance. The less that looks different the better.

Anthony
If I opt for the cai, I can keep my airbox and old injectors, right?

Old 04-30-2008, 05:38 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
If I opt for the cai, I can keep my airbox and old injectors, right?
Do you mean can you keep them in storage? Then yes. We don't need the old injectors or the airbox.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:31 AM

We've sold several kits to owners that alreay have an ECU tune and the kit works fine. It will not work with the stock ECU tune. All aftermarket ECU tuned lean out the fuel trim and this is what is needed to allow bigger injectors to run without becoming overly rich. Our tune is more fine tuned for the larger injectors and is what the quoted HP is from. You will more then likely be within 2-3% of our advertised HP with a similar tune from Inmotion, Upsolute, etc.
Awesome! so what would the price be for injectors only? I am not concerned with looking stock so I would be interested in picking up you CAI as well.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by danimal
Will you have it done before Carlisle?? While I like what I see from NeedsWings, I don't want to lose the factory airbox look. I'm waiting to see where you are with the airbox mod/ECU tune numbers to see if I want to go this route.

Thanks again for all your efforts.
I agree with Dan. I like the look of the stock cover. Do you have any pictures yet of the CIA keeping the current stock appearence?'

thank Anthony

Randy

Quick Reply: Tvt250