Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

NeedsWings na and srt6 CAI group buy

Old 05-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Re: NeedsWings na and srt6 CAI group buy

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
thanks again for everything rob, good group buy everyone!!, hopefully more to come with some big time power adders for us na guys, also anyone have any advice on getting some wheel spacers for a good price, either 10mm or 15mm, i also need longer lugs.
we get discounts thru eibach, im not sure what they offer for us for spacers but if ya want to take a look at their website and shoot over a part number ill get you ya quote on them

Old 05-02-2008, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by nascarhq
wouldnt it be better to have a higher air capacity dual intake instead of the single pipe?i think your nw intake would look great if it was on both sides of the engine.
we looked at several different ways to route the tubing both single and dual when we were designing the intake and decided on the single due to several reasons (form follows function). the limiting factor on the intake is the filter itself good for 900cfm's = waay more then your n/a engine can ingest and yet to be a limiting factor on any srt6

here is a side note for you guys, we did try pulling the filter off the intake at the dragstrip late last year when we had just the intake on the car. the car ran slower 10mph with the filter pulled off! the car may have been able to compensate after a few miles and ran stronger then before but i aint running without a filter that long. so in summary when at the track dont bother pulling the filter off thinking you will be faster that way.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by doublediz
bah I wish I had received my intake already, FedEx wont leave it at my door even though I asked for it to be left without signature, now I gotta sit in traffic for about an hour to go pick it up after work when I have the time grrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................... lol
i didnt mark you as signature required, hmm, please pm me your tracking number and ill see whats up

Old 05-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nah don't worry about it, I called them and gave them hell, they are going to deliver it tomorrow. If they don't leave it s#$%s gonna hit the fan lol

Old 05-03-2008, 12:30 PM

cool I got it today, now I just need instructions for a non SRT install lol

Old 05-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Forum Regular

90.2.15.017.1 is the part number for 15mm, i also would need 35mm chrome lugs with them, i only need enough for the rear, none for the front. That is for the 15mm spacers, but i am debating on 20mm, not sure which one to go with. p.m. me please rob

Old 05-03-2008, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by doublediz
cool I got it today, now I just need instructions for a non SRT install lol
please use the srt6 cai install instructions along with the na_suppliment files on the cdr, everything is the same on the install except for the throttle body connection.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:31 PM

yeah I just saw that when I was going through the install lol the srt-6 on the PDF through me off, i was like wtf! lol

Old 05-03-2008, 05:08 PM

anybody else get a whistling sound from this intake, like its a turbo or something? lol

Old 05-03-2008, 06:00 PM

yes the whistling sound is the air getting sucked in thru the filter and moving thru the aluminum tubing

Old 05-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Forum Regular

oh yeah i can make it whistle pretty good, loud enough to hear it over my exhaust with the top down or window open, partial throttle it gets a whistling sound, or just reving it quick gets a nice suction sound. something i have noticed though lately after the car warms up if i come to a stop the car revs down then slowly revs back up a little to about 1500 then quickly falls right to normal after a few seconds of being revved up, does it every time i stop pretty much after the car warms up only though i believe. whats going on with this rob? ive tried unhooking the terminal and resetting the computer, everything is hooked up right and connected, no leaks anywhere.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:17 PM

give it some miles for the computer to adjust and it will be rocking for ya

Old 05-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Forum Regular

yeah thats what i was thinking but ive prolly put close to sixty seventy miiles on traveling to and from work since the intake was put on?, is thihs something you guys had while testing or does anyone else have anything like this going on. I almost sounds like my buddies honda when it needed an idle switch or something like that, not sure but it would rev up and then drop the revs real quick and keep doing it, my car does it once or twice everytime i stop, revs slowly climb then quickly drop off. hopefully it will go away

Old 05-04-2008, 03:49 PM

pm sent.....

Old 05-04-2008, 05:02 PM

Mine does the exact the same thing, gets to the point where it just about stalls out but i hit the gas to prevent it from stalling. I did not disconnect the terminals after I installed it so not sure if that will help, I took it off for now since the two screws holding the sensor were not snug. Gonna try again when I replace the screws.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
give it some miles for the computer to adjust and it will be rocking for ya
Is the HP gain going to be there as soon as the CAI is installed or will I need to put miles in the car for the ECU to fully adjust and realize the full potential of the CAI?

So basically if I install it at the dyno shop and then dyno, would the results be not as positive?

Also, for all the issues that Doublediz and tylerxfire is experiencing, can you post the fix in the event I install and have issues so I and others will know what to do.

THANKS!

Old 05-04-2008, 06:36 PM

the srt6 cai aswell as the n/a cai's were both dyno'd back to back with about 5-10 minutes to swap out the part (we never unstrapped the car from the dyno).

the issues they are seeing is with the n/a engine only as it takes a few miles/keystarts for the MAF to adjust, the srt6's do not have that to deal with.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:04 PM

.....and another successful install!
The whole thing from popping the hood to taking the test drive took a little more than an hour (minus beer 'cause it was 10:30AM). The toughest part was keeping the throttle body hose in place while inserting the pipe. Cramming the hose through the radiator support was a piece of cake as long as you bend the hose "in half" as per someone's suggestion here earlier.
There is a noticeable increase in whine from the SC when accelerating & a noticeable increase in power throughout the rpm's. Overall, a quality product & easy to install!
Thanks for the T-shirt, Rob!!

Old 05-05-2008, 04:04 AM

I just bought an '06 with 11,500 miles so it is still under warranty. Does changing the intakes or exaust have any possilbilty of voiding or affecting the warranty?

Old 05-05-2008, 07:49 AM

I noticed the problem with the idle was while braking. if i sat there and pumped the brake it would jump up and down and just move all over, i also threw a check engine light after installing the CAI, but i unhooked the battery and when i plugged it back on and started the car everything seemed fine.

Thanks,

Justin

Quick Reply: NeedsWings na and srt6 CAI group buy