Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

NeedsWings na and srt6 CAI group buy

Old 04-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NeedsWings na and srt6 CAI group buy

I've seen pics with at least some of the engine cover back on (not the missing air cleaner covers). Is it possible to re-install some of the engine covering? If so - how?

Thanks

Old 04-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Thumbs up Re: NeedsWings na and srt6 CAI group buy

Originally Posted by Scotto97
I've seen pics with at least some of the engine cover back on (not the missing air cleaner covers). Is it possible to re-install some of the engine covering? If so - how?

Thanks
Scott,

Here's a Pic of my SRT6, with the Partial Engine cover back on :

SF

Old 04-30-2008, 12:21 PM

I think it looks better like that - at least partially on

Old 04-30-2008, 01:20 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
yeah i can take my laptop , i just thought the instructions would be a little more step by step as far as taking the stock one off and little things like the supports i see, any advice before i head out

Tyler, mine came with a PDF that was step by step instructions and lots of pictures. It couldn't get much easier unless Rob came down and showed us how in person.

Where are you at? Maybe we can find another forum member nearby to help you.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks i got it all installed very easy and self explanatory once i started at it. hardest part was getting the end of the hose through the front support behind the grill and getting that old intake piece out of there. also it looks great sitting behing the aps grill!!! also sounds good and i think i feel a little more grunt out of the car with this intake and my exhaust combo.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:28 PM

Finally arrived......there it rests, on the living room floor just a'waiting for some good weather & a couple hours to kill.
My son brought over one of those giant 5 liter kegs-o-Heineken yesterday for my birthday (good son!) so this install should be a snap!
Thanks, Rob!!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:44 PM

Badseed1 N/A payment pending...

Edit: payment sent via paypal. 4/1/08

Last edited by badseed1; 05-01-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Rob from NeedsWings, Payment sent for SRT6 CAI.

Last edited by robby363; 05-01-2008 at 03:15 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

GROUP BUY IS NOW CLOSED, IF YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE PAYMENT ARRAINGEMENTS WITH ME YOUR STILL GOOD, BUT NO NEW ORDERS AT THAT PRICE ANYMORE.

sorry we held it open for a lot longer then i expected, we ended up at ~ 50 intakes, thank you everyone for being patient!

for the 5-6 guys that ordered last week the filters just arrived, you should have the tracking numbers for your kits on monday, thanks, rob

Old 05-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Forum Regular

thanks again for everything rob, good group buy everyone!!, hopefully more to come with some big time power adders for us na guys, also anyone have any advice on getting some wheel spacers for a good price, either 10mm or 15mm, i also need longer lugs.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Forum Regular

wouldnt it be better to have a higher air capacity dual intake instead of the single pipe?i think your nw intake would look great if it was on both sides of the engine.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Forum Regular

i thought about this, but what do you mean dual to one because its just single throttle body so it would have to go to the throttle body from both sides and would prolly end up fighting each other at the throttle body, but idk im sure someone will have something to say about this. i am very happy with this intake also in your description it says 25mm spacers? you had room for that with 20's, i have 20x10 on the back and i am looking for spacers not sure what size to go with or where to get them

Old 05-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

thanks Rob, will do my install this weekend...can't wait to see the difference...and thanks for letting in the group buy...Doc

Old 05-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Forum Regular

yes, ive got the 25 mm h&r spacers on my rear 20's.i would spend the little bit extra because the spacer bolts into the original bolt holes,then the wheel bolts directly into the spacer.plus it has the centering wheel mounting ring to assure a perfect and solid mount.the cheap extention spacers that use longer bolts running through metal discs dont let you use the centering ring on the hub.................theres no doubt the nw intakes are high quality,i just saw on another thread a dual intake welded up for the na xf. a nw dual one would be oh so sweet,especially with a custom color option. hint hint

Old 05-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Forum Regular

is your car lowered or anything, any clearance issues with the fenders with that size spacer, also what size is your back rim is it smaller than a 20x10, also what size tires, i have 275/30/20, i just want to see about clearance, how far do yous stick out of the wheelwell, thanks for your help i appreciate it, and yeah that color scheme would be nice touch to the motor with a dual intake, just don't know about the performance of it. could be good maybe even better.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:32 PM

bah I wish I had received my intake already, FedEx wont leave it at my door even though I asked for it to be left without signature, now I gotta sit in traffic for about an hour to go pick it up after work when I have the time grrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................... lol

Old 05-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Forum Regular

same thing happened to me with fed ex, but they came to the door, my girlfriend was home, and said never he knocked, idk, anyway she didn't hear the guy knock , neither did my aunt or uncle or little niece downstairs, so i don't think he tried to hard, but anyway, held me up for a day, i caught him the next day and opened the door before he even got out of the truck, lol.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Forum Regular

is your car lowered or anything, any clearance issues with the fenders with that size spacer, also what size is your back rim is it smaller than a 20x10, also what size tires, i have 275/30/20, i just want to see about clearance, how far do yous stick out of the wheelwell, thanks for your help i appreciate it, and yeah that color scheme would be nice touch to the motor with a dual intake, just don't know about the performance of it. could be good maybe even better.
yes, 20x10 with 255/30 zr20 toyos, no rubbing or clearance issues at all with the spacer.my wheels are pretty much even with the fender on top.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Forum Regular

really, they gotta be even with the outside of the fender correct, what about the bottom though how far do they stick out, i have 275's and im scared to go with a 20mm spacer because i don't want it to stick out too far, what is your offset do you know? any pics close up showing? p.m. me so we don't fill up this thread if you could, thanks.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:26 PM

really, they gotta be even with the outside of the fender correct, what about the bottom though how far do they stick out, i have 275's and im scared to go with a 20mm spacer because i don't want it to stick out too far, what is your offset do you know? any pics close up showing? p.m. me so we don't fill up this thread if you could, thanks.
Be careful with offsets and spacers. One of my buddies got a citation for the wheels being too far out.

Quick Reply: NeedsWings na and srt6 CAI group buy