Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

All-in-one FAQ Thread - SpeedInnovation ECU Tuning Info/GBs/Specials

Old 02-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: All-in-one FAQ Thread - SpeedInnovation ECU Tuning Info/GBs/Specials

Posted response to PM.

First thing: Unfortunately the chances of the GB coming thru at this point are very slim, and while we tried and had high hopes, some things are harder to GB than others. We cannot offer anyone on the list a 'hold' for the group buy price unless it actually goes through. If it doesn't the regular price is $599.99 (3.2L), what we can offer everyone here this time only is that if you choose to bypass the group buy and order directly, we can offer you a $50.00 discount (for the ECU to be mailed directly to our office). Besides this, we can only hope the GB goes through and that people who say they would deposit actually do.

Secondly, you won't need a complete dyno tune to see the real world gains just like x'd did - we have his stock file as well and we can compare it to what yours looks like. From there, we can adjust accordingly, but he did perform the groundwork for all the crossfire 3.2L - you'll get very similar results. I wouldn't worry about this much - we include the rev limiter fix on ALL crossfire tunes.

JP@SI

Old 02-04-2007, 07:07 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: All-in-one FAQ Thread - SpeedInnovation ECU Tuning Info/GBs/Specials

Originally Posted by JP@SI
Hey guys,

The only reason 2/11 is so critical is because Status Auto Design/SI has a pending MTV gig to run for a straight month in ~March. I can't possibly extend the deadline any further than that since we still have to book our tickets at least 2 weeks in advance. That puts us anywhere between the 25th to the 28th - the perfect weekend to do a 2-day tune (max), return, and setup for the event. Hope everyone understands.

JP@SI
I understand the 2/11 deadline for those who are driving in for the tune, and if you are booked through March, I can understand you can't take on work for that time period. My question is, lets say if my April or May we have a group of 25 members that are willing to mail them, would you extend the GB price for that second round?

Old 02-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Obviously its hard for people to put up mooola. I'll paypal. you tonight if you guarantee that you'll refund my deposit if the GB doesn't go through.

Also post your phone number to me in a PM so I can call you. I want this ECU upgrade damn it!

Old 02-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MAYAman
Also post your phone number to me in a PM so I can call you.!
i found these on the first page:

[Phone Numbers / SI-Direct 10-8 PM PST]
1.408.506.3903 (JP Direct)
1.323.401.3231 (Jesse Direct - Tech)
1.310.937.8382 (STATUS)

are those what you needed ?

i am working on getting my deposit ... even if it turns out to be a send in ECU reprogram.

Old 02-04-2007, 09:31 PM

Posted response to PM.

Secondly, you won't need a complete dyno tune to see the real world gains just like x'd did - we have his stock file as well and we can compare it to what yours looks like. From there, we can adjust accordingly, but he did perform the groundwork for all the crossfire 3.2L - you'll get very similar results. I wouldn't worry about this much - we include the rev limiter fix on ALL crossfire tunes.

JP@SI
I do not understand what you are saying. How can you compare his stock file to what ours would look like if you don't have our cars. Or are you saying our cars stock file is located on the ECU we're sending so you can read that and then adjust accordingly? I know nothing about this technical stuff. But I do know that I'm fairly sure we won't be able to get the same impressive results by just mailing in the ECU, I'm thinking we could get like 9 hp instead of the 14 he got?

Thanks in advance for clearing this up for us less technically-inclined people.

- Julian

Last edited by nitro4; 02-04-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by nitro4
I do not understand what you are saying. How can you compare his stock file to what ours would look like if you don't have our cars. Or are you saying our cars stock file is located on the ECU we're sending so you can read that and then adjust accordingly? I know nothing about this technical stuff. But I do know that I'm fairly sure we won't be able to get the same impressive results by just mailing in the ECU, I'm thinking we could get like 9 hp instead of the 14 he got?

Thanks in advance for clearing this up for us less technically-inclined people.

- Julian
Every car's got its own stock maps that will be similar to each other by 99.9% (within make and model). We save and can compare all the files for backup purposes as well. Understand though that promising exactly the same horsepower is something none of us can do - within +/- 2 hp? Probably more of a reality (even more on the plus side for the east coast 93 octane users). Each car is different.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:54 AM

Obviously its hard for people to put up mooola. I'll paypal. you tonight if you guarantee that you'll refund my deposit if the GB doesn't go through.

Also post your phone number to me in a PM so I can call you. I want this ECU upgrade damn it!
Direct phone numbers are posted above. And yes, of course, the reason I suggest paypal is because refunds are that much quicker and easier for both parties.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by FP
I understand the 2/11 deadline for those who are driving in for the tune, and if you are booked through March, I can understand you can't take on work for that time period. My question is, lets say if my April or May we have a group of 25 members that are willing to mail them, would you extend the GB price for that second round?
We can have another one started by then - but again, will it be worth the wait when you can enjoy the benefits of ECU tuning in 3 business days? My offer stands until 2/11.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:22 AM

We can have another one started by then - but again, will it be worth the wait when you can enjoy the benefits of ECU tuning in 3 business days? My offer stands until 2/11.
jose did you get the deposit i sent in for tommygunn?
get to me when you get a chance tomorrow. i need to talk to you about something. important that is.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:31 AM

^^^ So you sent your deposit? How many people have sent their half deposit? Please respond ASAP!

Old 02-05-2007, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by advanz
jose did you get the deposit i sent in for tommygunn?
get to me when you get a chance tomorrow. i need to talk to you about something. important that is.
Got it bro, you're confirmed. I'll speak with you in the AM.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:22 AM

yep. and a few locals sent in also. and also a few more locals are waiting latest this week to send it, b/c one just bough bi-xenons so he was broke. and he's getting paid, well last friday. so def he's sending it in.

and there's more guys sending it in this week. the heavy modders on mbworld.org

so you should send it in. you'll get your full refund if we don't even make 20. so don't worry about it. i'm sure we'll make 20. just keep spreading the word. and just keep your fingers crossed

- advans

modders meaning... my recent mod (last tuesday)...here's some pics! sorry for highjackin the thread.
it's a front brabus lip spoiler...

Old 02-05-2007, 11:23 AM

So if I jumped on this gb, would I have to send in the ECU again if I decided to get the pulley's from you guys in the spring? Also, what would the cost be if I decided to do this now, but get the pulleys in the spring?

Old 02-05-2007, 01:12 PM

How much more do the pulleys add in HP (around)? And how much do they cost?

On a side note, I really shouldn't have spent $1,750 on my sound system for my roadster... I mean it's worth it... but a 21 HP boost (and possibly more with pulleys) sure as hell tops a sound system on my priorities list.

I guess i'll be waiting a few weeks till I can get some mullah together. Since I can't ship my car in anyway, and i wanted the 'power package', would you send me the pulleys for me to install and then the ECU tuning you'd do for me would already take into account the fact that I have pulleys? I'm assuming that's what would make sense.

Thanks for your hard work on this, JP... I know you're making money off this so I really shouldn't be thanking you, but I do thank you for having a ridiculous amount of patience and for being very professional.

- Julian

Old 02-05-2007, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by nitro4
How much more do the pulleys add in HP (around)? And how much do they cost?

On a side note, I really shouldn't have spent $1,750 on my sound system for my roadster... I mean it's worth it... but a 21 HP boost (and possibly more with pulleys).

- Julian
pulleys don't really "add" HP, they sorta bring back the ponies that ran away.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They add HP by creating a bigger boost.. increasing the PSI of the supercharger

Old 02-06-2007, 01:14 AM

Deposit sent, please don't let me down.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:05 AM

Deposit sent, please don't let me down.
Got yours too (fingers crossed that more than 15 people 'happen' in 6 days).

Old 02-06-2007, 03:07 AM

Aside from this, I've heard claims of up to 13 WHP on V6 pulleys alone - not guaranteeing anything, but still...

Old 02-06-2007, 03:44 AM

Got yours too (fingers crossed that more than 15 people 'happen' in 6 days).
Dude just push it back a couple of days, it so frigid here right now that we'd freeze to death anyway. I want this to happen damn it.

Quick Reply: All-in-one FAQ Thread - SpeedInnovation ECU Tuning Info/GBs/Specials