Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Booyah leather cleaner

Old 01-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Booyah leather cleaner

I am in no way affiliated with or have any interest in the success of the company/product as long as I can continue to purchase this stuff but...

I got this cleaner on Amazon, as it's the only place it's sold. It had pretty good reviews but it is not cheap; about $25 a bottle, but I figured the amount of money I waste on useless stuff what's one more. Normally I am a Meguire's guy for leather cleaner/conditioner but I saw this and figured I would give it a shot. OMG

It showed up today while I was prepping my doors for the capacitor install(speaker-bass blockers) so I figured I'd try it out. Now the car is an 04 w/ 50k mi and seats look pretty good as they have been cleaned and conditioned by the previously mentioned Meguires in the past week as we only got the car a week ago. So they didn't look too bad to begin with, but were showing the rub spots on the bolsters where PO elbows rubbed etc.

I figured, why not? put it on and worked it in and wow! some of the easiest applying and conditioning stuff I've ever used; I'm no expert but I always buy leather seats and I like them clean and supple. The xfire came out great, but it wasn't too bad to begin with, like I said.

Then I figured, let's really test it. 2003 VW Passat, Black leather seats and oh yeah about 150k miles and interior was abused by PO. I did the driver's seat and it's not brand new by any stretch of imagination but the best I have seen them and again I have not neglected them; (my wife on the other hand: sunroof open+rain+seat heaters to "dry leather"= some fuct up seats.) anyway I love my wife and my car is officially the dog hauler so whatever...that's a different story...
they are definitely improved so I just wanted to see if anyone has tried this and if there is a consensus out there. I recommend it so far but obviously time will tell how it holds up or wears etc.

Tim

BooYah Clean! Leather Cleaner and Conditioner 16 oz. Lotion - Natural pH Balanced Plant-Based Ingredients. Best Eco-Friendly, Premium Leather Care Cleaner for Car Seats, Furniture, Handbags and More - 100% Guaranteed : Amazon.com : Automotive BooYah Clean! Leather Cleaner and Conditioner 16 oz. Lotion - Natural pH Balanced Plant-Based Ingredients. Best Eco-Friendly, Premium Leather Care Cleaner for Car Seats, Furniture, Handbags and More - 100% Guaranteed : Amazon.com : Automotive

link is only posted for reference; I am in no way affiliated with them

Old 01-31-2014, 08:10 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Booyah leather cleaner

Thanks for the info, I am going to try since I have some scruff marks on the bolster.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like you've pushed the demand up to $35 per hour!

Old 01-31-2014, 10:16 AM

wow, that's BS. I spent $30; I checked my order. Amazon prices do fluctuate so maybe next week it'll be back down. I will report back on how the seats look in a couple days but I still am really impressed in how it conditioned my vw seats.

Old 02-04-2014, 03:50 PM

Just out of curiosity I checked Amazon today, $23 a bottle now. I def recommend as the xfire's seats are still looking good a week later.

Tim

Old 02-07-2014, 03:17 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Zaino Z-9 Cleaner & Z-10 Leather in a Bottle. Still rated #1 and cheaper too. Absolutely the best.

Z-10 Leather in a Bottle: Zaino Store

Old 02-10-2014, 06:56 AM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

I, too, tend to use the Meguiar's all-in-one cleaner/conditioner product on the XFire. This product is great for routine maintenance (every 3-4 months) of the leather seats.

But I do have the Lexol products on the shelf and find them to be superb whenever performing a "deep-clean & treat" on the XFire every couple of years. I usually apply the cleaner product on the seats, let it soak for awhile per directions, and then wipe it off. I then apply the Lexol Conditioner/Preservative product and cover the seats with large garbage bags to allow the product to soak in overnight. Next day, remove the garbage bags & wipe the seats down. Springtime is when I typically do this deep clean. Seats continue to look "factory-fresh" to this day.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 02-10-2014 at 07:20 AM.