Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Requested Pic's of my car and stereo, etc.

Old 09-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Requested Pic's of my car and stereo, etc.

Originally Posted by typhoon55
andrew,
You mean that the 1/4" +/- going from 10 to 20mm is going to make one a pimp mobile and the other not? I could understand if you were saying that 30 or 40mm is pimpin' it.
Then for sure even she would feel that distinction.

One could say that you need more than 10 or 12mm for the average person to take notice.
I guess as you stated...it is a matter of ones own taste or style.
Yet, 10mm increase would make such a slight difference. yes?
As I look at your pics, (nice) I see a ever so slight shadow line cast by wheel wells that would all but disappear with 20mm. Agreed, the lowering does put a spin on this issue.

Now as far as the 10mm in handling, that could very well be more pronounced ... hopefully for a tighter ride.
After further review, maybe the 1/4" does have more concerns when it comes to added stress on wheel bearings, ball joints etc. Not sure but some reports that spacers can have ill effects on suspension althought the jury is still out if that is any spacers or just say bigger than 10mm

MB tech quote =
"Porsche, Brabus and Carlsson all use spacers. They have had a bad name in the past because non-solid unifit spacers using stud extensions (like in the 1960s with the 'mini') simply weren't engineered well.
H&R along with many others pay a lot of money to have the German Transport Ministry approve the use of their spacers and other components for use on cars in Germany. The Tuev standard is"
From research... the hub-centric spacers are a vast improvement in spacer design
essentially eliminating the fears of vibration & suspension wear & tear. It enables the end user to achieve the look desired without any downside risks. The bad rap that still circulates on spacers seems to be directly related to the older design.

Old 09-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by typhoon55
From research... the hub-centric spacers are a vast improvement in spacer design
essentially eliminating the fears of vibration & suspension wear & tear. It enables the end user to achieve the look desired without any downside risks. The bad rap that still circulates on spacers seems to be directly related to the older design.
Hub centric's are fine and this is what you will need. Like I said though when I installed 10mm H+R Hub centric's in the front is when the wobble at highway speeds was felt. The front rims and tires balanced out fine.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you mount the bast link T with the gas tank there? I would like to do a similar setup how would I go about it thanks alot.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dmerk524
How did you mount the bast link T with the gas tank there? I would like to do a similar setup how would I go about it thanks alot.
The unit fits up against the center divide and attached with some short screws on the raised tire well area's on each side of the trunk and really doesn't decrease the amount of trunk space that much...

Old 02-11-2006, 02:14 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by respdoc
Some nighttime shots with the puddle lights (didn't come out that well).
that must be the Johnny Cash SRT (the man in black)!

Thanks for the pics!

Old 02-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
that must be the Johnny Cash SRT (the man in black)!

Thanks for the pics!
Thanks for the kind words. ...I need to take some a few more pics when the weather gets nicer since after I added the front and rear light smoke film kit to the lights...It gives it more of a, to quote another members comments, "Darth Vader" look to it...

I did find a pic I took around 6 months ago (prior to the tint kit) with the rear silver accent piece installed since a few members have emailed me asking about it: