Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

What is the real value of the 2005 srt6?

Old 06-08-2015 | 08:29 AM
Default What is the real value of the 2005 srt6?

Sold my last SRT6 and now miss it. Looking to buy another (low miles) but am concerned of value vs. emotion. Can you guys help?

Old 06-08-2015 | 08:45 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: What is the real value of the 2005 srt6?

I always answer that question with - something is only worth as much as the buyer will pay. That said, a low mileage 6 might be in the area of 15K, give or take a couple of thousand depending on condition.

RL

Old 06-08-2015 | 09:03 AM

I believe that RL67037's answer is spot on (for an SRT6 coupe). Since you're back in the marketplace . . . look at this one . . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221795576086?forcerRptr=true&item=221795576086&viewitem=
I had some communications with this seller several weeks ago. This is definitely a clean, pampered car with only 32,000 miles on it. The reserve was $15,000 when I last communicated with the seller. Good luck in your search . . .

Last edited by RED DOG; 06-08-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-08-2015 | 11:47 AM

I just bought a similar car with low miles in great shape he was asking 12,500 new tires only non original think was a flip up radio but got the original nav radio with the car was in Missouri and titled in IL. I decide to buy the carfax report and found out it was a Florida car and had been branded a lemon which does not appear on IL title long story short I negotiated it down to 10,000 and could care less that it was branded a lemon its a rose now and Is perfect in every way a lot of the time a lemon happens because of someone who can't make the payments. But there are deals to be had It took me 3 months to find the one I wanted.

Old 06-08-2015 | 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by RED DOG
I believe that RL67037's answer is spot on (for an SRT6 coupe). Since you're back in the marketplace . . . look at this one . . .

Chrysler Crossfire SRT 6 Coupe 2 Door | eBay

I had some communications with this seller several weeks ago. This is definitely a clean, pampered car with only 32,000 miles on it. The reserve was $15,000 when I last communicated with the seller. Good luck in your search . . .
Unless someone is sitting on several thousands of dollars and throws green in the sellers face, u might run into the situation i was in. I bought my SRT6 (34,000 at time of purchase) for $13,200 private sale. My credit union wasnt willing to pay more than what they valued the car at which was $12,500 so i had to come up with the rest. Irs a crummy World we live in. Dealers will use NADA when u trade in ur car (cuz its low ball prices) but then turn around and use which ever website sell that same car for more when it comes time for them to put it up for sale. Either way, when ur in the market for an XF, u always have the better end of the deal when dealing with a private seller. The seller is the one that doesnt make a good turn around. No one will ever get the money they feel their XF deserves.

Old 06-08-2015 | 05:59 PM

or this one.... https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...12k-miles.html

Old 06-08-2015 | 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by IMOPAR
I just bought a similar car with low miles in great shape he was asking 12,500 new tires only non original think was a flip up radio but got the original nav radio with the car was in Missouri and titled in IL. I decide to buy the carfax report and found out it was a Florida car and had been branded a lemon which does not appear on IL title long story short I negotiated it down to 10,000 and could care less that it was branded a lemon its a rose now and Is perfect in every way a lot of the time a lemon happens because of someone who can't make the payments. But there are deals to be had It took me 3 months to find the one I wanted.
Wrong on the lemon law branding reason. It has to be taken in to a dealer a minimum of 6 times for the same problem and NOT be repaired properly to get tagged a lemon. Failure to pay results in a repossession. Glad you got a good price but your title was washed.

To answer the OP's question, really low mileage coupes will be around $15K to start....but what do you consider low miles for an 11-year old car?? Nationwide average is 13K miles a year and being over 10 years old means they are mileage exempt. Not to mention all the problems that come from buying a car that is rarely used (dry rubber, bad fluids, electrical gremlins not worked out). Your best bet is to buy a car that has a verifiable history, the color you want, and a price you're comfortable paying.

I'm not of the same mindset as those that have squirreled away a low mileage car hoping to make big money on resale years down the line. As lovely as the Crossfire is, it will never be worth the MSRP again. If that's what you're after, you're looking at the wrong sports car.

Old 06-11-2015 | 10:34 AM

I always laugh at these threads. Us owners lament that the cars do not hold value and no one recognizes (or is willing to pay for) their rarity, and then we coach potential new owners on how to drive the price down. They are worth what you are willing to pay. You have to balance mileage and condition and risk against how much you want it. When I stumble across that graphite SRT6 roadster, it will be a struggle not to over-pay. :-)

Old 06-11-2015 | 10:59 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Goldwing
I always laugh at these threads. Us owners lament that the cars do not hold value and no one recognizes (or is willing to pay for) their rarity, and then we coach potential new owners on how to drive the price down. They are worth what you are willing to pay. You have to balance mileage and condition and risk against how much you want it. When I stumble across that graphite SRT6 roadster, it will be a struggle not to over-pay. :-)
What I find sad and just odd is that in contrast to the 2002-2005 Thunderbird owners, Crossfire owners, particularly down in Florida, seem to delight in the negative and running the value of these superior cars down. It is almost as if they can not celebrate the good investment in a great car they made. That could help explain the difference in selling prices for these two cars.

Old 06-11-2015 | 11:13 AM
Forum Regular

My car is literally priceless. It is not for sale.

Old 06-11-2015 | 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR
What I find sad and just odd is that in contrast to the 2002-2005 Thunderbird owners, Crossfire owners, particularly down in Florida, seem to delight in the negative and running the value of these superior cars down. It is almost as if they can not celebrate the good investment in a great car they made. That could help explain the difference in selling prices for these two cars.
The cars have just about reached the bottom of the barrel, they are so cheap that they have become throw away cars. This will thin the herd and the good condition low mileage ones will keep a good price with lots of spares at the wreckers for a while.

Old 06-11-2015 | 11:46 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Da55id
My car is literally priceless. It is not for sale.
I feel the same way about mine, it is most assuredly not a low mileage car (about 86,500 at this point), but I am getting the mechanical imperfections worked out, and have moved toward correcting the cosmetic ones as well.

I did not buy the car as an investment, its too much fun to drive! but I will strive to keep it in the best shape I can, with many thanks to this forum and its wealth of information and helpful members!

Old 06-11-2015 | 04:29 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The cars have just about reached the bottom of the barrel, they are so cheap that they have become throw away cars. This will thin the herd and the good condition low mileage ones will keep a good price with lots of spares at the wreckers for a while.
That is exactly my point. Never I have a seen a single post voicing a similar feeling on a T-Bird site. But I sorta agree. The ten year point is typically the low point for special interest, low production cars. They seem to transition from just odd, old cars to collectables around that point.

The T-Bird owners are so positive on the value of their cars that the Crossfire is becoming a screaming bargain. Even stretching what is comparable to Avanti, Chrysler Twin Cam TC, Cadillac Allante and Buick Reatta, all of which are lesser and much older cars, the Crossfire can be had for less which can only be a function of we owners.

Last edited by MiamiTVR; 06-11-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-11-2015 | 10:05 PM

now's the best time to buy one. where else you going to get a supercharged mercedes in the low teens.

Old 06-12-2015 | 12:47 PM

It depends on how you define 'real value'. It isn't the same for me, or most people. It only deals with the one selling it and the one buying it.

Old 06-20-2015 | 09:17 AM

I have an SRT convertible which I've owned for about 5 years. I paid $15400 for it from a Minneapolis dealer who sold it new(in 2005) to a female oncologist who later traded it back to the same dealer for a used Audi convertible.
For me, value = bang for the buck. Then and now, I tell people these cars can be bought for used Toyota Camry money. What could you possibly replace it with for their current value?
If I had to put a price on my car, based solely on the market it would be $17000.00 minimum. I would most likely be looking for a knowledgeable buyer such as those on this forum. For me it would make no sense to sell it for todays market values because the money wouldn't buy me another unique, solid performer as the SRT6.
I also own a Porsche 996 coupe. The Porsche would go before the SRT6 convertible.
My advice is buy another to share the mileage. I don't think they will depreciate much beyond todays values for clean well maintained examples regardless of mileage.
My 02cents........

Old 06-20-2015 | 12:59 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FiftyThree033
I have an SRT convertible which I've owned for about 5 years. I paid $15400 for it from a Minneapolis dealer who sold it new(in 2005) to a female oncologist who later traded it back to the same dealer for a used Audi convertible.
For me, value = bang for the buck. Then and now, I tell people these cars can be bought for used Toyota Camry money. What could you possibly replace it with for their current value?
If I had to put a price on my car, based solely on the market it would be $17000.00 minimum. I would most likely be looking for a knowledgeable buyer such as those on this forum. For me it would make no sense to sell it for todays market values because the money wouldn't buy me another unique, solid performer as the SRT6.
I also own a Porsche 996 coupe. The Porsche would go before the SRT6 convertible.
My advice is buy another to share the mileage. I don't think they will depreciate much beyond todays values for clean well maintained examples regardless of mileage.
My 02cents........
If you had GT3 996 I know for a fact the srt-6 would go before a GT3. You can keep it real.

Old 06-20-2015 | 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by philosophico
If you had GT3 996 I know for a fact the srt-6 would go before a GT3. You can keep it real.
You are probably right there.
I guess the point I was trying to make is this. There were thousands of Porsche 996 cars built. In the years to come, if I were to sell the 996 there will plenty and plenty to choose from should I want to replace it. Not so for an SRT6 roadster of which there were only 928 produced.
Both cars have their place. The Porsche is a six speed and is involved to drive but can be a lot of fun. The SRT6 is great when I'm out with my wife, top down and a bottle of water in one hand...easy to cruise.
I love the acceleration surge of the automatic SRT6.......

Old 06-21-2015 | 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by FiftyThree033
You are probably right there.
I guess the point I was trying to make is this. There were thousands of Porsche 996 cars built. In the years to come, if I were to sell the 996 there will plenty and plenty to choose from should I want to replace it. Not so for an SRT6 roadster of which there were only 928 produced.
Both cars have their place. The Porsche is a six speed and is involved to drive but can be a lot of fun. The SRT6 is great when I'm out with my wife, top down and a bottle of water in one hand...easy to cruise.
I love the acceleration surge of the automatic SRT6.......
There were 1,252 roadsters produced in 2005 according to the records.

Old 06-21-2015 | 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
There were 1,252 roadsters produced in 2005 according to the records.
I would love to know definitively what the numbers really are. I've always read 2016 coupes and 928 Roadsters.
Seems only Chrysler, Daimler or Karmann would know for sure. Who is the source of the "records" for either the 1252 number or the 928 number?

Quick Reply: What is the real value of the 2005 srt6?