Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Interior lights flicker/Locks open and close while Driving

Old 03-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interior lights flicker/Locks open and close while Driving

The lights flicker when I have the open door courtesy light on so I'm thinking it has to do with the door closed sensors. But then I question that because there is no door open alarm or light on the dash when I'm driving and the above is going on. What do you fine folks think? The door locks do the same thing and at times won't lock with the push of my button or the key fob.

I haven't driven the car since December though. I just hate the damn thing. There's ALWAYS something else wrong with it. Instead I drive a 30 year old Mercedes that doesn't have working windows or a heater fan that blows.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Received 611 Likes on 511 Posts
Default Re: Interior lights flicker/Locks open and close while Driving

Originally Posted by zombiehunter
The lights flicker when I have the open door courtesy light on so I'm thinking it has to do with the door closed sensors. But then I question that because there is no door open alarm or light on the dash when I'm driving and the above is going on. What do you fine folks think? The door locks do the same thing and at times won't lock with the push of my button or the key fob.

I haven't driven the car since December though. I just hate the damn thing. There's ALWAYS something else wrong with it. Instead I drive a 30 year old Mercedes that doesn't have working windows or a heater fan that blows.
I'm thinking you are looking at this the wrong way. The problem is probably in the light itself, look for bad contacts that are possibly sparking and making the situation worse each time the bulb is on.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Interior lights flicker/Locks open and close while Driving

Know where I can get a new light fixture?