Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

4 Eurocharged pulleys later and I'm still shredding belts. Help?

Old 03-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts
Default Re: 4 Eurocharged pulleys later and I'm still shredding belts. Help?

I said me ...at a subject you know nothing about, (me),,,I know you know pulley, he is a nice guy.
11.2 to 9.0 who would win , i guess you,
I'm like you ,,never sound friendly.
lets let this post get back to the belt shredding
again you have a new Easter,,as we have a new Pope now, jim

Old 03-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
I said me ...at a subject you know nothing about, (me),,,I know you know pulley, he is a nice guy.
11.2 to 9.0 who would win , i guess you,
I'm like you ,,never sound friendly.
lets let this post get back to the belt shredding
again you have a new Easter,,as we have a new Pope now, jim
New Pope? He's older than me for Chrissakes.
Why don't they pick someone who can remember what he had for lunch yesterday.LOL

Old 03-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

800 miles isn't a test yet for the stock pulley. If the crank pulley is coming apart it will shred this belt a s well. You just aren't turning the rpms you were turning before. Give it a few more miles.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over a thousand miles and all looks fine on the belt with the stock pulley. Can someone with the 65mm Eurocharged pulley reply with feedback on how there belt wear looks? I'm fine if I need to take it to a shop to verify my installations correct. I still would like to get this back on and working.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by hallfleming
Over a thousand miles and all looks fine on the belt with the stock pulley. Can someone with the 65mm Eurocharged pulley reply with feedback on how there belt wear looks? I'm fine if I need to take it to a shop to verify my installations correct. I still would like to get this back on and working.
When you talk of spacers, how thick are they?
A photo of the clutch plate (EC pulley) showing how far it is from the pulley would be helpful. A photo from above would be good.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some photoshopped pics would be useful...

Old 04-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a 65 on the roadster and a 62 on the coupe. Coupe has been ran about 200 miles with no problems. The roadster has 5k on the 65 no belt ware. I have 1 shim on the 65 none on the 62. You have an alignment problem as we all know something has changed. may be shimmed wrong or ???

Old 04-11-2013, 08:39 AM

The spacer I ran on the 3rd pulley was the oem shim that came on the car. The gap measured correctly with my feeler gauges. I shredded the belt on this one.

I ran no shim on the 4th pulley since I measured more gap than what was suggested between the clutch and pulley. Eventually, the plates on the pulley 'loosened' up and it was within specs. I shredded the belt on this one.

Make sense?

Originally Posted by onehundred80
When you talk of spacers, how thick are they?
A photo of the clutch plate (EC pulley) showing how far it is from the pulley would be helpful. A photo from above would be good.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:40 AM

Your tag shows code 3 pulleys. From what I understand, the later batch is a different design correct?

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I have a 65 on the roadster and a 62 on the coupe. Coupe has been ran about 200 miles with no problems. The roadster has 5k on the 65 no belt ware. I have 1 shim on the 65 none on the 62. You have an alignment problem as we all know something has changed. may be shimmed wrong or ???

Old 04-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I've never shredded a belt, but I too had to change out some of the Eurocharged pulleys (62mm). I think it was the 3rd pulley they sent me that worked properly. Apparently there are are some subtle differences to the supercharger shaft at the magnetic clutch. When this isn't taken into account, interchangeability can be lost.

Last edited by grip grip; 04-11-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by hallfleming
The spacer I ran on the 3rd pulley was the oem shim that came on the car. The gap measured correctly with my feeler gauges. I shredded the belt on this one.

I ran no shim on the 4th pulley since I measured more gap than what was suggested between the clutch and pulley. Eventually, the plates on the pulley 'loosened' up and it was within specs. I shredded the belt on this one.

Make sense?
I was asking how thick the spacers are. So, what are they?

Old 04-11-2013, 01:57 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grip grip
I've never shreaded a belt, but I too had to change out some of the Eurocharged pulleys (62mm). I think it was the 3rd pulley they sent me that worked properly. Apparently there are are some suttle differences to the supercharger shaft at the magnetic clutch. When this isn't taken into account, interchangeability can be lost.
Very interesting that it has taken this long to be noticed. To my knowledge this has never been an issue.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Very interesting that it has taken this long to be noticed. To my knowledge this has never been an issue.
How subtle is subtle. We know the OEM shim sizes can vary a little and we know the OEM pulley, SC and magnetic clutch stay the same part numbers. So I say BULL **** on the subtle changes. The pulleys are not accurately made and/or they are poorly designed.

The shim sizes change to balance the OEM build up of tolerances, The after market ones should fit your SC with only a minimal if any change in the shim size your OEM pulley takes.

If you cannot reverse engineer a pulley using an OEM pulley you measure you should not attempt to do it.
If you cannot make a pulley that is within .005" of the OEM bearing to clutch face dimension you lack the skills or knowledge to tackle the task.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-11-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:33 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How subtle is subtle. We know the OEM shim sizes can vary a little and we know the OEM pulley, SC and magnetic clutch stay the same part numbers. So I say BULL **** on the subtle changes. The pulleys are not accurately made and/or they are poorly designed.

The shim sizes change to balance the OEM build up of tolerances, The after market ones should fit your SC with only a minimal if any change in the shim size your OEM pulley takes.

If you cannot reverse engineer a pulley using an OEM pulley you measure you should not attempt to do it.
If you cannot make a pulley that is within .005" of the OEM bearing to clutch face dimension you lack the skills or knowledge to tackle the task.

Now thats not even close to being subtle !!!!

Old 04-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I never had belt problem with my Code 3 but the clearance was uneven and wide. It started rattling after a year or so. I admit to NOT understanding all the pulley variance issues. After my problem Code 3's short life span I decided a 178 ASP crank pulley was better for my purposes.

Les

Old 04-11-2013, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Now thats not even close to being subtle !!!!
PM me and I will tell you what I really think of these pulleys and the problems associated with them.

Anyone who PMs me and gives me **** will see their PM on here for all to see, I have kept all the previous ones to myself, I'll publish them all if I get anymore.

These people should have their trade certification papers, if they have any, taken away. The easy buck ain't so easy with these puppies. LOL

Sure they are trying to fill a spot that is lacking but not being critical serves no one. So quit blowing smoke up you know where and complain publicly instead of sending the parts back without complaint and everyone thinks it is all rosy.

The trouble is with the springs or I should say what takes the place of real springs and seemingly accuracy of design or manufacture.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-11-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The trouble is with the springs or I should say what takes the place of real springs and seemingly accuracy of design or manufacture.
As you know(180), I had a 1st batch 65mm pulley from Eurocharged that was a POS! I would agree about the original Machinist/Maker of these pulleys not having their trade certification papers, or at the very least, were not adequately anally retentive. However... The replacement 65mm pulley from them(Eurocharged)
has been flawless, has strong spring tension, looks like a gem, and I've been happy w/ it. I think they must have fired machinist dude #1. Anyway..... being that I seem to never be satisfied with the modding obsession; now I want a 62mm Karmen from Rudy.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok, here it goes. The problem I had with the 61.9mm pulley (62 from here on) had nothing to do with the springs. EC learned that lesson with the first 65mm pulleys they released. The problem with the 62mm pulley was that the recess was screwed up, so the pulley would pull into the supercharger and not spin freely. This was solved by me taking measurements and sending videos and photos to EC for revisions.

My repayment for all the hard work was that I was the last one to receive the reworked pulley from EC. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

Last edited by grip grip; 04-11-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by dinasrt
As you know(180), I had a 1st batch 65mm pulley from Eurocharged that was a POS! I would agree about the original Machinist/Maker of these pulleys not having their trade certification papers, or at the very least, were not adequately anally retentive. However... The replacement 65mm pulley from them(Eurocharged)
has been flawless, has strong spring tension, looks like a gem, and I've been happy w/ it. I think they must have fired machinist dude #1. Anyway..... being that I seem to never be satisfied with the modding obsession; now I want a 62mm Karmen from Rudy.
When the pulley has been used do the springs pull the clutch plate back to the stops? The Karmen one does not and that fact is stated by the seller here.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by grip grip
Ok, here it goes. The problem I had with the 61.9mm pulley (62 from here on) had nothing to do with the springs. EC learned that lesson with the first 65mm pulleys they released. The problem with the 62mm pulley was that the recess was screwed up, so the pulley would pull into the supercharger and not spin freely. This was solved by me taking measurements and sending videos and photos to EC for revisions.

My repayment for all the hard work was that I was the last one to receive the reworked pulley from EC. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.
Remember that your first reply to any post goes out as an email, not the one that is modified six minutes later.
Ziiiiip!
Canada is one tenth the size of the US in population but I think we have ten times as many **** disturbers than you.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-12-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Quick Reply: 4 Eurocharged pulleys later and I'm still shredding belts. Help?