Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

New Intercooler Core anyone? OH YEAH, IT JUST GOT REAL!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: New Intercooler Core anyone? OH YEAH, IT JUST GOT REAL!!!

Originally Posted by Bigkid
It is what transpired after that, that was imho tacky and bordered on an attack of the product.
can I suggest before the guilty plea and
execution is scentenced by the Jury

- can I ask one has a quick re-read of the language and questions since about #110.
Malice was never intended.

If it is read otherwise - it's down to keyboard error.....

Old 03-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Billy22Bob
can I suggest before the guilty plea and
execution is scentenced by the Jury

- can I ask one has a quick re-read of the language and questions since about #110.
Malice was never intended.

If it is read otherwise - it's down to keyboard error.....
let me think about that for just a bit.............No!

Old 03-01-2013, 12:29 AM
Received 238 Likes on 180 Posts

thanks Rudy.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...y-compart.html

Old 03-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't think malice was intended. Rudy works hard to bring us great products to avoid future breakdowns. He knows as some us know what is going to fail and improves upon it. I think Rudy has been burned a few times and is just protecting his work. Bottom line HE DELIVERS. Thanks Rudy. As soon as I have the $$$$$ I will order up.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:01 AM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Guys, I appreciate your defense and with that said, lets steer this back on course.

Buggin, you get those fittings yet? Baked tator mod looks good.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:13 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Rudy, I'm playing catch-up here. So I probably missed something. You've got two purchase links in this thread, one is for $1,000 and one is for $3,500. What's the difference between the two - aside from the price?

Also, how do I know if my stock unit is leaking without tearing the whole thing apart for a visual inspection?

Old 03-07-2013, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by tom2112
Hey Rudy, I'm playing catch-up here. So I probably missed something. You've got two purchase links in this thread, one is for $1,000 and one is for $3,500. What's the difference between the two - aside from the price?

Also, how do I know if my stock unit is leaking without tearing the whole thing apart for a visual inspection?
The first link is for the upgraded intercooler with an aluminum core which is what all the upgraded intercoolers built so far have been. The later link is for a copper core intercooler which will yield marginal, if any gains over the upgraded aluminum one in the capacity of it's use with these cars but was priced and put together for the benefit a member infatuated with the thought of having a copper core intercooler.

Moral of the story, the upgraded intercoolers are $1000 plus shipping and can be purchased via PayPal through the link below.

Accelerated / Speedriven Intercooler Upgrade for SRT6/32AMG - $1000 plus shipping

Old 03-10-2013, 11:13 AM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much for Platinum?

Just kidding.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any chance of getting larger inlet & outlet line fittings on these? Also is the unit a bit shorter than the stuck unit? It looks like it in the picture but I am not sure if it is an illusion.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:16 PM

Figured this could use a bump as I've been getting PMs and emails from people thinking they weren't being made anymore. They are available with a 2-3 week lead time and purchase info is in the first post of this thread for those looking to get one to replace their leaking factory intercooler.

Something I would like to add about replacing it is that you MUST replace the gasket between the supercharger and the intercooler and the while I recommend using the Mercedes sealant everywhere else on the engine that it's needed like oil pan, water pump, etc., I'd recommend using Permatex UltraBlack on both sides of this gasket (but not between them) due to the spacing between the bolts and the fact that a lot of guys are pushing close to 30psi with mods. I'd also recommend using Permatex Copper Gasket Sealer on new factory metal upper plunum gaskets and lower manifold gaskets. Best way to do the upper plenum gaskets is to bend them around a 1/2" socket and do a dry fit to make sure all the holes line up, both on the supercharger as well as on their respective upper plenum (they are the same gasket but they are bent opposite ways) and then take the cardboard they come with and use that as a clean work area to lay them on as you coat them. Lay them with the hump up and spray them. After they take up for a minute or two, turn them over and let them rest on the hump so you can spray the underside and keep the top from sticking to the cardboard (coating doesn't matter where it goes over the fuel rail). The lower manifold gaskets stay flat so when you spray them, take a coat hanger and bend it into an "M" with the bottom legs long enough to poke through the cardboard. Then do the same as the upper plenum gaskets. Spray the one side flat and then prop them up with the tops of the "M" so when you spray the other side, only the very edge of the coated side is in contact with the cardboard. The other alternative is to just hang them and then spray them but I would recommend against this as you put a lot of copper into the air and unless you're doing it under a hood, a good deal of it will end up on surfaces you won't want it on (like your car or worse, your wife's car). And as always, if anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me. I prefer email to PMs as my inbox fills really quickly.

Take care

Old 06-12-2013, 03:03 PM

Wow - 30psi - what pulley setup is achieiving that - 61/181? >550bhp...wow!
amend: ~500bhp didnt correct for the parasitic load of the SC
Have they posted somewhere?

Now, I dont want anyone to jump the gun and think I'm being narky or self impossing here but .....an honest question.....
Rudy - Have you obtained/received any performance data comparing this beautiful unit - what a shame its hidden away - with stock IC/others?
eg: How much better does it not restrict air flow? How much better does it cool?
Happy customers are good, sure....but good reliable data is much better.
Where's woody!.....stop renovating! And focus on the important things in life...Summer is there!

Last edited by Billy22Bob; 06-12-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:33 PM

Wow - 30psi - what pulley setup is achieiving that - 61/181? >550bhp...wow!
Have they posted somewhere?

Now, I dont want anyone to jump the gun and think I'm being narky or self impossing here but .....an honest question.....
Rudy - Have you obtained/received any performance data comparing this beautiful unit - what a shame its hidden away - with stock IC/others?
eg: How much better does it not restrict air flow? How much better does it cool?
Where's woody!.....stop renovating! And focus on the important things in life...Summer is there!
Flow bench testing isn't needed. It's superiority over the factory intercooler is clearly obvious when you look at the size of the core, the design of the core, the efficiency of the core and overall design of the intercooler. My findings in post #94 back all that up.

Originally Posted by rcompart
With the holidays and end of the year, things got really busy for me so sorry for the lack of updates but here's the big one that you guys have been waiting so patiently for.

I got around to installing the IC right after Christmas and have had it in the car for about two weeks now. After lots and lots of highway pulls, I've noted lots of improvement although it's mixed bag. Nothing bad, it's just that this upgrade will really go hand in hand with supercooler as the stock heat exchanger won't let you realize the full potential this thing has to offer. It really takes the heat out of the air charge and by really, I mean you can saturate the coolant in the IC circuit with heat very quickly if you're flogging the car. I'm running a relatively small heat exchanger and when the coolant is cool, the IATs stay cooler for longer than they would with the factory IC for about half a highway pull. After that, they're at the same temps as they would be with the factory IC. If I had more capacity in the cooling circuit, this would be extended as there would be more coolant to heat up and if I had a more efficient heat exchanger, it would keep it cooler, longer regardless of the volume.

The other benefit is the motor is no longer ingesting coolant. A factory core would have fixed this problem but only for a while and the longevity with them just isn't there. My second factory IC only had 35k on it when it wet the bed (no pun intended) so it's just a matter of time before I'd have to replace it a third time due to it cracking and leaking cooling. Those problems that plagued the factory core aren't an issue with these due to the difference in core design and manufacturing and these cores are capable of 500HP and 2.5bar (~36PSI) so pretty much anything these cars can throw at it, it will easily handle.

Price is $1000 and there is a 2-week lead time on them from the time the order is placed as they are being manufactured on an as-ordered basis.

Please email me at rcompart@gmail.com for more information or to place an order.

BTW, that copper core IC isn't gonna buy itself...

Old 06-13-2013, 03:30 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Billy Bob - I know you like your data, perhaps you should purchase one and get some "reliable data" for all of us. Personally, I'm keen with just the fact that it won't leak like the inferior OEM unit. As others have stated, even if performance was the same(unlikely!), it's worth the price of admission. If I had the means right now, I'd have one on the shelf, waiting for that inevitable day the stock CAC fails.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking Re: New Intercooler Core anyone? OH YEAH, IT JUST GOT REAL!!!

Iam still here , just busy building for now. New garage to be added too. Woody

Old 06-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Woody, have you dissected my I/C yet? I'm curious about your findings.

Les

Old 06-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking Re: New Intercooler Core anyone? OH YEAH, IT JUST GOT REAL!!!

Cracking is at the end of the tubing, a common issue I believe is related to expansion and contraction of the thin tubing bars versus the heavy end wall structures. I have done bonding with several agents and found that the cracks persist. New Ic is the answer to this issue, fixing is not easily possible, worst it is not reliable due to the high stresses of the metal in flexture when heating and cooling. Woody, gotta go and back fill the garage. WW

Old 06-15-2013, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by waldig
Iam still here , just busy building for now. New garage to be added too. Woody

Wow - what a mansion!
Hope you got a Woody room for all your test benches!

Old 11-03-2013, 05:54 AM

Thought I'd bump this up to the top of the pile.
All's been quiet.

Interested in feedback.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I think you have really missed the point here....it is nothing more than a replacement cooler. Made a hell of lot better than the Mexican plant that made the originals. Even if the thing doesn't cool any better than the original, it isn't going to break down and leak anytime soon. As soon as summer is here and I am back to work, 2 of those babies are going on my self in the garage for the day I develop a leak....bump...for you Rudy...

Old 04-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just sent paypal over for the Rudy cooler! I knew it was only a matter of time for the OEM one to go.

Quick Reply: New Intercooler Core anyone? OH YEAH, IT JUST GOT REAL!!!