Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Going to Eurocharged. Not sure what...

Old 09-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to Eurocharged. Not sure what...

...not sure what to expect.
So far, the car only has the engine tune.
I'm bringing it in have the dual CAI and oil catch can installed and get the tune for the transmission.

I'm hoping for the maximum HP without shredding the differential. Maybe 350 BHP? I'm totally guessing. I have no idea.

I'm also wondering what shifing will be like after the mods are done. Is the car going to spin out of control at 40mph when it shifts?

Is anyone running just these mods?
Thx. The Beepster

Old 09-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Default Re: Going to Eurocharged. Not sure what...

So, this will be a totally unique set up? Never been done before?
Everyone that does the dual CAI does the pulley as well?

From what I've read, if you do the pulley, you can kiss your rear-end goodbye. That's too much $$$$.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

what do you want to know? Rear end can fail on stock cars.... weakness with the spider gears. Some run all kinds of mods and hp, and haven't had any problems, others have failed with a lot less... Just depends on how hard you treat them... I ran the roadster with the dual cai, pulley, tune and it was fine when I installed the wavetrac. I installed the wavetrac for better traction and better handling... You may be fine without it, if you don't run slicks... dual cai, will net a little more hp, better acceleration. The pulley, more hp, more acceleration, the tune, just brings it all together a/f wise...
oh, about forgot...this motor is 349 hp stock at the crank...you will be in the 370+ with the above mentioned mods...

Last edited by oledoc2u; 09-02-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the tcu tune wont net a single hp but may run massive afr spikes if they havent fixed the issues i showed them close to a yr ago. the dual cai and ecu tune may show 40 hp to a 290 rwhp so he may see 400 crank hp. of course a simple tweak on the dyno can make the car see massive hp if the dyno operator wants it to.
beep the info is all over this forum and mbworld. there hasnt been a new player or design for yrs . i would suggest you reseacrch more before doing anything . if you arent prepared to replace broken parts form adding hp then leave it stock. gotta pay to play

Old 09-02-2012, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
the tcu tune wont net a single hp but may run massive afr spikes if they havent fixed the issues i showed them close to a yr ago. the dual cai and ecu tune may show 40 hp to a 290 rwhp so he may see 400 crank hp. of course a simple tweak on the dyno can make the car see massive hp if the dyno operator wants it to.
beep the info is all over this forum and mbworld. there hasnt been a new player or design for yrs . i would suggest you reseacrch more before doing anything . if you arent prepared to replace broken parts form adding hp then leave it stock. gotta pay to play
32, The info is not all over this forum. I know the tune won't add hp. My understanding is the tune will increase fluid pressure causing the trans to shift harder. Since I drive on inconsistant roads and not the track, I'm concerned about the faster shift (1-2) throwing the car out of control under WOT. Neither you or anyone else has answered the question.

Also, I realize there was an issue initally with the rev limiter and that it has been addressed by EC.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:44 PM
cjw
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Beep
32, The info is not all over this forum. I know the tune won't add hp. My understanding is the tune will increase fluid pressure causing the trans to shift harder. Since I drive on inconsistant roads and not the track, I'm concerned about the faster shift (1-2) throwing the car out of control under WOT. Neither you or anyone else has answered the question.

Also, I realize there was an issue initally with the rev limiter and that it has been addressed by EC.
The Ecu tune is good. The TCU tune is the one that gave issues, it was causing af spikes and not holding gear like it said, the issue wasnt fixed by EC imo and i got a partial refund. Even with the tcu tune being bad it seemed to give more torque but not cause an issue shifting from first to second, the tcu would sometimes hit the limiter instead of shifting but when it did shift even in a conr it wasnt an issu

Old 09-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should never ever ever down shift mid corner and only up shift when accelerating out. If you're leaving it in auto mode you won't have any issue since it'll shift at a lower RPM and is less likely to do much tranny braking.

If you're driving in a straight line and shift at redline it shouldn't kick sideways. You just don't have enough horsepower to overpower the tires.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

there is info on both forums because i posted it. i tested the tcu for over 6 months. if you truly think the 1-2 shift would cause the car to go sideways you havent driven the car the way it sits anywere close to its potential. so theres no reason to do any kind of tcu mod.
the rev limiter was only part of the issue.
mbworld the c32 forum has posts all over it concerning the tcu mod.
the best answer is dont do it. other than that your on your own.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
If you're driving in a straight line and shift at redline it shouldn't kick sideways. You just don't have enough horsepower to overpower the tires.
THANK YOU 13!
This is what I'm looking for.
The car will go sideways off the line which is fine (not for the tires) but I want them to hold during the shift.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:43 AM

THANK YOU 13!
This is what I'm looking for.
The car will go sideways off the line which is fine (not for the tires) but I want them to hold during the shift.
transmissions are funny things sometimes. Even before my wavetrac and no tranny mods, I have had mine connect hard on a 2nd gear shift enough to spin the tires a kick sideways a bit but that is wot foot to the floor racing. It is normal on all the high performance cars I have ever owned. Hell, that is the excitement of it all... I would love the car to shift a little quicker, but not sure the bugs are all worked out yet for that mod. I haven't had any trouble with the cai, pulley, tune configuration. But once you add the manis the wavetrac, now you will be in the 400 crank hp area, but without the intake mod, I don't think you will be there...good luck either way...but I have been there done that longer than most with 2 cars, not 1....

Old 09-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Forum Regular

if you can successfully pull off a 1.7 sixty ft or better you can POTENTIALLY kiss the rear end goodbye. It doesnt take a lot of mods to do that. I wouldnt worry about a pulley possible causing your rear end to fail.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:16 PM

I'll have to set a couple $$$$ aside just in case my rear-end takes a dump. I'ld rather put the doe-rae-me into some double pane windows for the house though.

I will call Jerry tomorrow and see what he says about the comments here on his tune. I'm guessing the issues are ironed out as the experiences here are old. He may even have a custom tune as I don't care so much when the trans shifts but rather how fast it shifts.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you say drop the rear end - I have a bolt in diff....not a slip in axle arrangement.
Is it the diff you are talking about or some other weak link.?
Just get a spare diff.....plenty of them around.....
or is there other things to consider....?

Last edited by Billy22Bob; 12-01-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:21 PM

I have a box of spider gears...lol.... with the new pulley...I'm thinking once I have the tune...we are going to be a lot sideways now....

Old 12-03-2012, 11:25 AM

This is an old thread.

At any rate, I'm NOT a race track guy and just enjoy the car for spirited driving and vacations and the like, so I'm very happy with the car as it is.

If I buy the Wavetrac, it will be because the old one failed and would view it as an expense (repair) rather than an investment.

Finally, after installing the new Conti's, I feel the car is predictable. The backend moves around a bit off the line but It never feels like I've lost control.

The only thing I would change would be to make the ride a little softer. That and the 6spd are the only things I miss from the NA.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The only thing I would change would be to make the ride a little softer.
Maybe call Rob @ Needswings, and get a set of koni adjustable sport shocks and set them to full soft. And an Eibach pro spring kit, if you're o.k. with a 1+"drop. These shocks are a bit less stiff than the OEM SRT6 shocks.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Forum Regular

See my posts #80 and #87 for my impressions of what the tune will feel like. It's been commented that I am fairly close to "spot-on" by my observations.

Link: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...e-399-a-4.html