Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SRT6 Tuning sale with Free remote cable - $399

Old 08-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SRT6 Tuning sale with Free remote cable - $399

Cudaman,
What a great write up, lots of pure info and clear.. Thanks a lot for that.
john

Old 08-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cudaman
Stock SRT6 California 91 octane tune impression by cudaman Russ:

OVERALL

1. Overall, it's worth every fricken penny.
2. This is the way the car should have come from the factory
Thank you for taking the time to write this up! Very helpful information!

albeit an aging platform and heavier than newer models. Ignore the weight unless you are a purist. Enjoy the newly found torque.
Have you SEEN how heavy newer cars are getting? I don't think a 2-seat convertible with 300+ HP EXISTS that weighs less than these cars.

Unfortunately the Crossfire did gain weight over the SLK for some reason, but only about 100 hundred lbs. autos.msn.com lists the the following:

05 SRT6 Roadster 3328 lb
05 SRT6 Coupe 3240 lb
03 SLK32 AMG 3220 lb

That doesn't seem bad against a 370Z roadster at 3501 lb or a Camaro SS Convertible at 4190 lb!

Old 08-23-2012, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Newton
Thanks for your quick response.
I can´t find any shipping cost to Germany on your homepage. Can you help me?
Varies the tune, if a sl55 intake and a smaller supercharger pulley are/ will be installed?

Thank you :-)
Hello Mr. Nelson. Have you already installed your remote ECU tune? How do you find it?

Old 08-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Jake,
I sent payment for tune only. I already have the cable.

mlstrick@cfl.rr.com

Old 08-27-2012, 01:32 PM

Interesting... The cable I received seem to fit just fine on the USB side. No loose or intermittent connection issues noted.

My problem was with something preventing the remote control software from functioning properly...

I'm hoping to talk to Eurocharged tomorrow or Wednesday afternoon about trying this tune again using one of the Windows XP laptops at work while I'm out in their parking lot, on my lunch hour!

Yes, the cables SUCK. The problem I had with mine which was resolved is the USB side. It is not tight enough to make connection to the USB port, and it won't recognize a USB device has been added to the system. I wiggled it and after about 20 seconds, some magic happened, it found the device. The OBD-II side seemed to be OK as it made connectivity to the car. During the tune, however, the USB side again lost connectivity when I moved the laptop to get a better wifi signal since my garage is detached from the house (where the router is). So, when plugging the cable in, check the device tree to see that the cable get's recognized. For $100, I would think the quality would be much much better. The TUNE, however (the main point) is AWESOME. I will post my observations and opinion in a separate post. When you plug the USB side in, you will notice it doesn't really "grab" all that well like a USB stick or other random connector. Wherever their supplier is getting the wires/connectors.... needs to change from the drunken Chinese sailors, to the the epileptic Chinese virgins. If no seizures are in process during your cable build, you cable might be built with good connectivity and proper wiring.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:56 AM

i missed the sell huh??

Old 09-01-2012, 08:31 AM
cmz
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

any way we can get this sale extended for 62m pulley guys that are close to geezer hood and slow on the trigger?

Old 09-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Forum Regular

Checked again with more testing today. I believe my observations are correct per below's 8/21 update:

8/21/2012 new observations: GEARING

You know, part of the "smoothness" I mentioned above is also I believe due to the fact that the SRT6 is now "in the correct gear" most of the time for performance related driving. I knew something else was different, but couldn't figure it out until yesterday.... It felt good, but I couldn't explain it. This is what I "perceive" (my perception only).

REASON:

I coasted down to take a turn fairly hard, a 90 degree rip.... Where normally the SRT6 would be in 4th gear coming into the turn, requiring 2 gear drops, when I bopped the shifter quickly just once, the number "2" came right up, meaning the car was in 3rd gear before my downshift. I still love this since I don't have to blip the shift lever twice or hold it to watch it go down 2 (but aghast, not THREE) gears. So, the shifter blipping before a hard turn is like, totally awesome. You don't have to blip it twice or hold it for double-gear drops... Just point the car, blip the shifter, and give it some juice. Car flips right through the 90 degree turn with ease.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:52 AM

My first tune upgrade failed on Friday. Adam, from Eurocharged, is sending me a cable replacement next week.

1. I had read that a few members had wireless issues. So, my laptop was hooked up via Zyzel Power Supply Ethernet with a steady 100Mbyte connection.
2. I reformat a Windows XP Dell laptop with a clean install.
3. The remote login went smoothy without any hickups. Adam was able to install the USB drivers and the Reflash Software without any hickups as well.

The software was unable to read the Vehicle ID information. So we had to discontinue the upgrade.

Here is my question. The cable had 2 protruding pins that could be a manufacture defect.

Do any guys see these protruding pins in your cable?

Peace,
Gino

Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All three of the cables I have been sent have the center two pins on the wide side of the plug sticking out from the others. Two cables have been identified as bad by Adam. The third just got here and hopefully we can get this done this week and see if the third time is the charm.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:41 PM

Infinity,

Hopefully, the third time is a charm. Would you kindly post the results of your third try.

Thanks,
Gino

Old 09-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Forum Regular

You know, if I were them, I would junk all the cables, find a new vendor, and have them replace the cables, billing back the original vendor. Seems like a big batch of them came out marginal and/or bad. I would require the vendor of the cables to tag each cable with a "run number" or some other serialized identifier so that bad cables could be quickly identified and pulled if a large portion of them are bad..... And of course, TESTING each cable before it goes out to customers would be prudent as well. Hiring a summer intern type person could do just that, work as a cable tester and installing a tune over-n-over on a test vehicle with each new cable.... Either the cable manufacturer or EC could do that. For $100, that's a pretty expensive cable. Quality should be job one as OBD-II isn't all that sophisticated in the signal side (standardized). Getting the signal through the wires properly sure helps.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 PM

Yeah... absolutely. I couldn't agree with you more. The cable is one thing I would have thought would have been the least likely area to give problems.

And not to sound like I'm ranting (because I hear lots of very positive things about this tune, once someone finally has it done) ... but Eurocharged sure seems to me like they desperately need to hire and/or train another guy to answer another phone line and do these remote tunes!

I've had an absolutely horrible time trying to reach Adam when I've called. 9 times out of 10, I get a busy signal when I call, or someone answers who is acting as the secretary, telling me Adam is out for a while at lunch or what-not. When I did finally reach him and discovered I had some computer issues, it was the land of the busy signal again when I tried to get back to him about 15 minutes later.

I mean, I'm a really busy guy myself (work a side job doing on-site computer services along with my day job from 8-5 each day), so it's a considerable pain for me to try to find a window of time during their regular business hours where I can have my car someplace with a decent internet connection to do this whole process. Then when I call and he's out for the next 45 minutes and/or it's busy constantly ... I have to pretty much abort those plans and try to figure out when I might get time again.

I don't know how much "on the fly customizing/tweaking" is done when this tune is applied? But if it's basically a canned tune based on what you told him you've got installed on your car, why can't this be done in an offline manner? That's how my Trifecta tune went on my Caddy CTS and it was FAR easier to deal with. He just emailed me the custom tune file and had me download/install the software, and use the programming cable that shipped in the mail. Need further changes? Just email the results of your datalogging and he emails you another tune to load in and try. Repeat process as desired.

You know, if I were them, I would junk all the cables, find a new vendor, and have them replace the cables, billing back the original vendor. Seems like a big batch of them came out marginal and/or bad. I would require the vendor of the cables to tag each cable with a "run number" or some other serialized identifier so that bad cables could be quickly identified and pulled if a large portion of them are bad..... And of course, TESTING each cable before it goes out to customers would be prudent as well. Hiring a summer intern type person could do just that, work as a cable tester and installing a tune over-n-over on a test vehicle with each new cable.... Either the cable manufacturer or EC could do that. For $100, that's a pretty expensive cable. Quality should be job one as OBD-II isn't all that sophisticated in the signal side (standardized). Getting the signal through the wires properly sure helps.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:38 PM

Before replacing the cable I tried this:

1. Plug in ODB-2 cable (USB and ODB-2) make sure PC is turned on and running.
2. Run the Eurocharged Flash program offline.
3. Select and ID Check button.
4. Does the program read your vehicle's ID.
5. If yes, your good to go.
6. If no:
a. Delete the Eurocharged USB drivers manually in the Device Manager of your system software
b. Update the Eurocharged USB drivers manually from the folder that Eurocharged installed on your PC.
7. Repeat steps 1 thru 5

My cable was fine. For some reason the remote install of the drivers failed. Restalling them manually worked.

I'm tuned and lovin' it. Thanks Eurocharged. Thank you Adam.

Peace,
Gino

Old 09-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by grascon7777
Infinity,

Hopefully, the third time is a charm. Would you kindly post the results of your third try.

Thanks,
Gino
Third time and everything seemed to go well. I still need to spend time driving to really see how my driving habits relate to the changes in the car. From a few highway pulls the car is stronger from 30-60mph and it is not subtle, and above 70mph there seems to be a bit of a change that gives one the sense that once past 80mph is like letting a caged bull out of the gate.

As I get more time behind the wheel and do a trans reset and relearn driving data I should have a better feel for how the tune will benefit me

Old 09-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys, extended the sale until the end of sept! Email me with any questions!

jake@eurocharged.com

Old 09-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had my re-tune done by ADAM and i had a small problem my battery went dead so i re-charged my battery called Adam with the time we had pre-arranged on line he went to work and it went fine i had no problem with my cable but i already knew it was good from my 1st tune last year and it only took about 20 mins......im very happy with the new tune, seat of the pants tells me its a lot better than my first tune witch was good but at that time i had no upgrades like i do now so this new tune works very well with the more upgrades i did and I'm speaking from my expercience....thank you to JAKE for setting me up with a great deal and a good tune and thank you Adam for being understanding for the problem on my side and getting my re-tune done .................................ps. make sure your battery is well charged befor getting your tune it does draw a lot of juice as i found out.....

Old 09-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had my tune done today!! No problems whatsoever and took about 10-15 minutes tops! Adam did his thing as fast and professional as can be, and I have to agree with CUDAMAN and his write up! I read his write up and test drove my new tune remembering the things he said, he's RIGHT ON!! I'll be going back to the drags to put it to the test though, just for the sake of arguement. as I KNOW the car is faster already, the butt dyno don't lie! THANKS to Jake for the deal and THANKS to Adam for getting it done for me! Hope everyone else enjoys this tune and deal as well!

Old 09-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Infinity
Third time and everything seemed to go well. I still need to spend time driving to really see how my driving habits relate to the changes in the car. From a few highway pulls the car is stronger from 30-60mph and it is not subtle, and above 70mph there seems to be a bit of a change that gives one the sense that once past 80mph is like letting a caged bull out of the gate.

As I get more time behind the wheel and do a trans reset and relearn driving data I should have a better feel for how the tune will benefit me
Now that I have had the time to put on some miles on the car here is what I can say about the basic tune (all I have on the car are drop in filters).

Fuel consumption: I did not see any measurable fuel savings so far based on around town driving that includes 40% highway at 65mph speeds. However recently I was pushing the car a bit harder 70-75mph on the highway and I did notice RPM were down by 200-300 rpm at 72mph which is where my milage sweet spot has been for years on my 900 mile road trips. Over a tank I might net an extra 20 miles or roughly the cost of one gallon of fuel.

Power: There is a worthwhile improvement down low which does jump out at you at first and takes a bit getting used to from the somewhat sluggish response that was present with this car in the past. Now I don't feel I need to rethink a stong move or calculate for the car gradual response. I still find that in many cases the car will take its time between 30-50 mph but now it seems as if the car does have more there in that range. Above 50mph the car is far more responsive then it has ever been. Above 80mph it seems as if the tranny is in 4th not in OD when in D and is like that much to 100mph so it appears there may be some significant gains made in the higher RPM range.

At the 399.99 price I say go for it because in the semi long run the fuel you may save will pay for the tune. If you burn two tanks a week it will pay for itself in less than one year.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Received 611 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by Infinity
However recently I was pushing the car a bit harder 70-75mph on the highway and I did notice RPM were down by 200-300 rpm at 72mph which is where my milage sweet spot has been for years on my 900 mile road trips. Over a tank I might net an extra 20 miles or roughly the cost of one gallon of fuel.

I think your explanation of this may be interesting.
Please explain further.

Quick Reply: SRT6 Tuning sale with Free remote cable - $399