Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SRT6 Tuning sale with Free remote cable - $399

Old 07-31-2012, 04:14 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SRT6 Tuning sale with Free remote cable - $399

Got my cable today, emailed eurocharged, waiting for a response to when my appointment is

Old 07-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by srtswizz
I sent you a PM last week with this info and haven't heard back yet. Just let me know thanks!
you have the latest and greatest....

Originally Posted by cudaman
JAKE: For the pc, no need for firewall ports or anything like that. We use a remote control program that allows us remote access. The cable is usb and requires a windows laptop.

CUDAMAN: Most of those "remote control" programs use specific numerical "port numbers" on your PC to communicate. Lots of those "port numbers" get blocked by the home router if configured for high security, and any PC firewall software on the PC itself. If you know the name of the "remote control program", I can check it's port number and open it up for the tune. Will be getting an order going a bit later today.

Out of curiosity, has anyone at Eurocharged taken air-fuel-ratios and knock-retard counts across the RPM range with the tune on a stock SRT6 with 91 octane fuel? Would be good to know ahead of time, so I can monitor AFR and KR after tune to see if it fits the "norm". Sorry, I am so ****, my sphincter squeaks when I walk. 91 is "barely premium fuel" and that's all we have here in CA.
port 80 and 443 so your fine. (web traffic ports)

We have tuned for 91 octane all the time, nothing to worry about. We actually have tuned for all sorts of fueling around the world! We lean A/F out on purpose for power, as the cars run extremely rich from the factory. This is done so the same car can be shipped to different parts of the world and run on the octane rating!

Originally Posted by BadSRT2005
The octane available is a good point!! I live where 93 octane is available
! Will the tuner ask me about that? With over 6000 cars tuned I'd hope the tuner asks a lot of questions about my set up and fuel octane should be near the top of the list!
We ask that you fill out the ecu form below

Originally Posted by latemodel21
last time I had a tune, they had me fill out and turn in something like this
http://www.eurocharged.com/ecu_form.pdf

https://secure.logmein.com/ is what they were using last time I had a tune

Chris
right on the money!

Originally Posted by jiggityjosh
Got my cable today, emailed eurocharged, waiting for a response to when my appointment is
adam should be getting back to you. The houston boys were in san fran this weekend tuning and I was in chi at a big car show!

Old 07-31-2012, 07:23 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by loungn14
you have the latest and greatest....

port 80 and 443 so your fine. (web traffic ports)

We have tuned for 91 octane all the time, nothing to worry about. We actually have tuned for all sorts of fueling around the world! We lean A/F out on purpose for power, as the cars run extremely rich from the factory. This is done so the same car can be shipped to different parts of the world and run on the octane rating!

We ask that you fill out the ecu form below

right on the money!

adam should be getting back to you. The houston boys were in san fran this weekend tuning and I was in chi at a big car show!
what do you mean when you san fran...that they where you in San Francisco Calif. ???? i wish i knew that i need a re-tune and would like to buy a S/C pulley and i live only 40miles from there ....how do i find out where you guys are going to be? when are you going to be out this way again?? thank you Fred

Last edited by fastfred; 07-31-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:28 PM

I know this sale was supposed to only run until the end of July, but I don't get paid until tomorrow (Friday, Aug. 3rd.). Is there a chance I can still get in on the $399 price if I pay by tomorrow?

Old 08-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastfred
what do you mean when you san fran...that they where you in San Francisco Calif. ???? i wish i knew that i need a re-tune and would like to buy a S/C pulley and i live only 40miles from there ....how do i find out where you guys are going to be? when are you going to be out this way again?? thank you Fred
we typically post it on our website and facebook page. We are trying to get out to the LA area soon as well

Originally Posted by kingtj
I know this sale was supposed to only run until the end of July, but I don't get paid until tomorrow (Friday, Aug. 3rd.). Is there a chance I can still get in on the $399 price if I pay by tomorrow?
sure why not... I will open the coupon code back for this week

Old 08-03-2012, 02:02 PM

Ok, one custom tune now ordered! Thanks for holding the sale for a couple more days for me to get in on it!

Old 08-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Banned

Hey Adam (Eurocharged), this is Josh. I just got my replacement cable since the first one was bad. I've been calling the shop for a few hours now and it just rings and rings to voicemail...

I start my new job on monday so this is the last weekday I will be able to do this...

Can you please help me out????!?

Old 08-06-2012, 01:28 PM

new cable sent, received tune today at lunch, thanks Adam! First impression is great via the butt in seat dyno. I can definately tell a difference with increased acceleration and throttle response.

Last edited by JesseJamessrt6; 08-07-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:52 PM

I spoke with Adam last week at Eurocharged. I was told that the sale was extended until the end of August. Jake Pedersen emailed me and suggested that I get the sale coupon code from the forum.

I know that it is buried somewhere here on this post. Would someone kindly repost it?

I believe it its something like V6SALE.

Peace,
Gino

Old 08-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Forum Regular

I missed the SF event as well, bummer

Old 08-15-2012, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by grascon7777
I spoke with Adam last week at Eurocharged. I was told that the sale was extended until the end of August. Jake Pedersen emailed me and suggested that I get the sale coupon code from the forum.

I know that it is buried somewhere here on this post. Would someone kindly repost it?

I believe it its something like V6SALE.

Peace,
Gino
the very first post that started the thread;

v6sale

It might be case sensitive.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Jake....when is a good time to call you with some questions...I will start to bolt up some things here real soon and start data logging along with some other added features...just need to know what info you will need from the data to do a custom tune...This car has a tune by you guys, but will need a re-tune once I start logging some runs. I will need to re-tune the roadster as well since it will get some old parts from the coupe...lol Can't let one get too far from the other...lol

Old 08-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Unhappy Failed attempt at a tune today. :(

Despite a really hectic schedule, it looked like everything was coming together perfectly to have Adam remote in to my computer and get my Crossfire custom tune installed this afternoon.

Of course, that pesky Murphy character and his law had to get in the way.... After two hours or so of email and phone tag, I finally got through to Adam on the phone, but had problems with my wifi signal (was trying to do it from my parents' driveway instead of at my own place about 10 minutes away). Had to drive home and call back, and then it turned out something was messed up with my Windows 7 installation, preventing the remote control software from behaving right. Kept showing a connection but wasn't really providing remote control in a usable way.

So THEN I had to hang up, grab another laptop in the house, and set it up as an alternate. But as luck would have it, my wife changed the admin password on it so I couldn't even log in until I called her at work to get the new password! By then, it was 5PM and Eurocharged apparently called it quits for the day... Just got a ringing phone and voicemail.

<Sigh> Wasn't meant to be, today.

Well, here's hoping he can fit me in tomorrow morning sometime if I call back!

Old 08-20-2012, 10:21 PM

well looks like i got a bad cable also
no communication with the car
got all the software loaded and started car and no go
what a bummer
they said they have to get back to me

Old 08-20-2012, 10:39 PM

Got my order in now too. Looks like many of us are also in the list for the 62mm pulley, cool. I am going to add the psk and needswings duel air intake.
John

Old 08-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mferreira3417
what a bummer
They seem to be having issues with cables, I have been sent two bad ones so far. A bit disappointing given that I am not the only one, normally that would trigger a response to check all cables in stock but Adam tells me they are waiting on a new batch from the supplier that will hopefully bring better results. Third times a charm right?

Old 08-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just be patient, my cable worked like a charm, it's worth the wait buddy.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FUBU
Just be patient, my cable worked like a charm, it's worth the wait buddy.
I am giving them every opportunity to catch up and recover from supplier issues.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mferreira3417
what a bummer
Yes, the cables SUCK. The problem I had with mine which was resolved is the USB side. It is not tight enough to make connection to the USB port, and it won't recognize a USB device has been added to the system. I wiggled it and after about 20 seconds, some magic happened, it found the device. The OBD-II side seemed to be OK as it made connectivity to the car. During the tune, however, the USB side again lost connectivity when I moved the laptop to get a better wifi signal since my garage is detached from the house (where the router is). So, when plugging the cable in, check the device tree to see that the cable get's recognized. For $100, I would think the quality would be much much better. The TUNE, however (the main point) is AWESOME. I will post my observations and opinion in a separate post. When you plug the USB side in, you will notice it doesn't really "grab" all that well like a USB stick or other random connector. Wherever their supplier is getting the wires/connectors.... needs to change from the drunken Chinese sailors, to the the epileptic Chinese virgins. If no seizures are in process during your cable build, you cable might be built with good connectivity and proper wiring.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Forum Regular

Stock SRT6 California 91 octane tune impression by cudaman Russ:

OVERALL

1. Overall, it's worth every fricken penny.
2. This is the way the car should have come from the factory
3. With a lowered and dialed in suspension, some minor engine mods, and this tune, it's probably the best bang-for-the-buck, attractive car on the road, albeit an aging platform and heavier than newer models. Ignore the weight unless you are a purist. Enjoy the newly found torque.

DETAILS

TPS (throttle position sensor) response "tip-in" is WAAYYYY better. I would call it more "linear". The old stock tune would have the throttle go down say 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch, and the ECU would "think about" whether you want to go faster, maybe downshift, and then move your forward. That delay in TPS timing/response has been taken out. When you move the throttle 1/4 of an inch, it responds nearly instantaneously, and the car just goes. This observation was for minor throttle movements where no gear-change (drop a gear) occurs. Where this REALLY helps me out is powering through a TURN. I just love the new tune for this. The stock tune when you adjusted throttle into a turn was just a little too laggy. You'd be "into" the turn and want to power out of the apex and you would have to throttle up "before" you were at the sweet spot to come out of the turn. You had to program yourself to throtle up early. NOT so with the Eurocharged tune. When you are at the apex, and you want to push through without oversteer, the TPS responds the way it should.... instant torque you need to get through that turn in a much more controlled fashion.

Passing: Quick passes on the freeway also seem smoother due to the linearity of the torque to get around someone real quick. I noticed the car doesn't drop down a gear like it used to (which again takes time) for passing, unless you REALLY mash the go-pedal. This makes it easier to weave in-n-out of traffic without a BIG surge, then slow down to drop into a lane. This "linearity" I notice is one of the cool things about the daily driving aspects of the tune.....

OK, I know you are going to ask: "What happens when I mash the go-pedal into hell?" Well, hell is unleashed, that is the answer. Again, the old tune (stock) would think-for-a-second while it figures out "Hey, driver wants to go fast", then drop a gear and go. Euro-tune says "Free BJ's at Spearmint Rhino but ONLY for the first 5 customers!"... So, YA, you wanna get their fast as you don't want to be "Number 6" on that trip. Car instantly drops a gear or two and flies forward, pressing you into the back of the seat. Wear loose undergarments or a car-wedgy is possible.

So much for throttle response.

SOP dyno (seat-of-pants dyno):

With that extra low-end torque, you will need a neck brace if you mash the go-pedal from a dead start. While on the move, again, you can "feel" it. Unmeasured by real technical equipment, my butt would guess a good 25-30 foot pounds.... Either that, or I've lost weight lately and the car moves better. I don't exercise and I love ice cream, so I think it's the tune. Horsepower is too hard to gauge with the butt dyno, and I couldn't wind it up enough on the freeway for fear of a helicopter based CHP officer to take my firstborn son as penance for using my car as an illegal assault weapon. I'm a torque-nut anyway. Low and and high end... if you get it, it's great when it comes on.

While moving, again, the torque increase is noticeable all the way up to 100mph where I sort of chickened out.... and I don't need a ticket, thank you very much. I didn't have anyone with me to test the 5 - 60 mph acceleration times before and after, but the rolling acceleration was definitely improved.

Gas mileage... not tested yet. But, if the car is running leaner, it's probably gonna give back 1-2 mpg if not flogged often.

Measurements taken: None, may dyno later on. Didn't have my Torque Android app running yet. Will check some parameters and boost pressures, and other parameters later on. So long as the fuel trims aren't too lean, no knock exists, and boost isn't off-the-scale (which I am sure they tested with many many cars before me), I call it a win. I don't have a wideband so can't report on AFRs at various boost pressures. Sorry. That's in my other ride.

All-in-all, the car feels much "smoother" and controllable. Makes me want to wish that the steering lightness that the SRT6 has could be adjusted for more weight as the car picks up speed. Ah well, dreams. Still, it's a great engine mod for those afraid or unwilling to spend big $ on non-smog-legal-on-a limited-scope-platform-where-good-techs-are-few-and-far-between here in California.

8/21/2012 new observations: GEARING

You know, part of the "smoothness" I mentioned above is also I believe due to the fact that the SRT6 is now "in the correct gear" most of the time for performance related driving. I knew something else was different, but couldn't figure it out until yesterday.... It felt good, but I couldn't explain it. This is what I "perceive" (my perception only). Others can corroborate the story to see if I am not just dreaming. In stock form, the SRT6 will keep you in the highest gear and only drop down as you near a dead stop for the most part. This is partly because it burns rich and it helps with gas mileage. Of course performance-driving-wise, it sucks, as when you re-accelerate, it needs to drop down a gear or two. What I noticed yesterday on a quiet open road is that when I took my foot off the go pedal and just let the car coast, it would drop down gears as-you-slowed. This is AWESOME. The car slows faster, but smoothly, nicely dropping a gear at each set point in miles-per-hour I suppose, within the tune. With the leaner tune, being in a lowergear no doubts saves as much gas as staying in the higher gears when burning rich (so there's no net-loss of mpg).

I did coast-down a couple of times, and while the gear-dropping occurred (you can hear the gear drop on a quite road, and maybe feel it a touch on a smooth road surface... otherwise indiscernible on rough or noisy roads) I gave it a bit of gas to see how it picked up. Well, in the stock tune, it would drop a gear to get your going again since it's in the wrong gear. What I noticed about the Euro-tune is that it always seems to be IN-THE-RIGHT-GEAR all the time... for your speed. The smoothness I mention is a combo of the throttle tip-in and being in the right gear. I got so used to having the car "push-pedal, wait-for-gear-drop, car-jump-forward" of the stock tune, that it confused me a bit with the new tune... The new Eurotune doesn't NEED to drop a gear to get going again. You are already in-the-right-gear for your current speed, and it just picks up smoothly and GOES from there. No lurching, no gear drops... just smooth forward motion. This is with modulated go-pedal use, not mashing which still would do a more pronounced gear-or-two-drop.

THAT is something I'm sure others will notice. I just couldn't describe it til just now. Correct ATT gearing.... Correct all-the-time gearing. Love that stuff.

Last edited by cudaman; 08-22-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Quick Reply: SRT6 Tuning sale with Free remote cable - $399