Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SRT6 Tuning sale with Free remote cable - $399

Old 07-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SRT6 Tuning sale with Free remote cable - $399

I live in California with specific smog requirements. Does the Eurocharged tune cause it to fail the California emissions test, and can I get the "re-tune" back to stock shortly before, assuming the tune fails CA smog? Do you have other California users who pass/fail or re-tune-to-stock before the test, and then EuroCharge tune after the smog test? Really want to get this. Currently have an SRT6, all stock ... just want a bump in throttle response, torque, and mileage. RSVP. Thanks

Also, will any special port number be needed to use my home laptop to connect and download the tune? I would have to open that port up on my router and PC firewall.

I assume this tune is set for a minimum of 91 octane for California, rather than expect 93 octane, available in other states. Too aggressive on octane expectations would make CA cars run leaner and more potential for damage. Editing my original post about that too. Want to monitor with my Android phone and "Torque" app after tune, for knock and whatnot.

Contact for details: Russ (408-569-4898)

Last edited by cudaman; 07-27-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cudaman
I live in California with specific smog requirements. Does the Eurocharged tune cause it to fail the California emissions test, and can I get the "re-tune" back to stock shortly before, assuming the tune fails CA smog? Do you have other California users who pass/fail or re-tune-to-stock before the test, and then EuroCharge tune after the smog test? Really want to get this. Currently have an SRT6, all stock ... just want a bump in throttle response, torque, and mileage. RSVP. Thanks

Also, will any special port number be needed to use my home laptop to connect and download the tune? I would have to open that port up on my router and PC firewall.

i just had my srt-6 smoged with the tune and a air intake upgrade ( M/B E55 )and it passed (A- OK ) and there is a seat of the pants feel with the air and tune you will feel it, but i was talking to the guy doing the smog test and he was telling me that metal tube type intakes will no longer pass the calif. vision test .....

Last edited by fastfred; 07-27-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fastfred
i just had my srt-6 smoged with the tune and a air intake upgrade ( M/B E55 )and it passed (A- OK ) and there is a seat of the pants feel with the air and tune you will feel it, but i was talking to the guy doing the smog test and he was telling me that metal tube type intakes will no longer pass the calif. vision test .....
Hey, thanks for the fast response. I did find this link as well. If there is no CARB EO number for the intake that can be referenced and printed, you could have trouble with the visual. They look for those CARB EO numbers on the intake, or ask you to prove that it has one at CARB's website. Can always put back stock intake, test, put CAI back on.

This guy also passed with the EuroCharge tune in California:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...mods-tune.html

I assume this tune is set for a minimum of 91 octane for California, rather than expect 93 octane, available in other states. Would make CA cars run leaner and more potential for damage. Editing my original post about that too. Want to monitor with my Android phone and "Torque" app after tune, for knock and whatnot.

Last edited by cudaman; 07-27-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jiggityjosh
Ordered on Tuesday. Still haven't recieved anything besides my Eurocharged order status went from "Pending" to "Confirmed". Although I felt like I had just leveled up in a video game, it was quite joyful, all I really want is for my cable to actually ship... I don't like video games or status updates as much as I like cars and getting the stuff I pay for!

You think you could figure out why my order has been sitting in "Confirmed" status for 4 days and still hasn't shipped please? Thanks!
timestamp on your order shows you ordered in the middle of the night. We got in on wed and saw the order. It was shipped thursday...

I assume this tune is set for a minimum of 91 octane for California, rather than expect 93 octane, available in other states. Too aggressive on octane expectations would make CA cars run leaner and more potential for damage. Editing my original post about that too. Want to monitor with my Android phone and "Torque" app after tune, for knock and whatnot.

you won't have a problem with emissions, we have tuned over 6000 cars and have yet to have an issue.

For the pc, no need for firewall ports or anything like that. We use a remote control program that allows us remote access. The cable is usb and requires a windows laptop.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:57 PM

Had my tune done last night here in Australia (9am your time.) All I can say is wow!! Throttle response is so much sharper, no more spongy pedal when taking off, the car snaps to life now. Can hear the supercharger whine a lot more now.
Couldn't be happier with the tune. Going to cost me more on tires but worth it for the perma grin.
Thanx to Adam and the guys from eurotune. Great service, great product.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:22 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=loungn14;686878]timestamp on your order shows you ordered in the middle of the night. We got in on wed and saw the order. It was shipped thursday...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

Thank you for the update!!! I never got a tracking number so I had no idea what was going on. I'It might even be here tomorrow

Old 07-28-2012, 03:37 AM
Forum Regular
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Jake, I just placed an order for a tune (on another one of my SLK32s). I DONT need the cable (as I already have one) so please see that the shipping charge is reversed on my order.

I did put a similar note in the comment box of the order, but I thought I would mention it again so that there would be no chance of the cable being shipped accidentally.

thanks for the Great deal (on a great tune)

Chris

Old 07-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Forum Regular

JAKE: For the pc, no need for firewall ports or anything like that. We use a remote control program that allows us remote access. The cable is usb and requires a windows laptop.

CUDAMAN: Most of those "remote control" programs use specific numerical "port numbers" on your PC to communicate. Lots of those "port numbers" get blocked by the home router if configured for high security, and any PC firewall software on the PC itself. If you know the name of the "remote control program", I can check it's port number and open it up for the tune. Will be getting an order going a bit later today.

Out of curiosity, has anyone at Eurocharged taken air-fuel-ratios and knock-retard counts across the RPM range with the tune on a stock SRT6 with 91 octane fuel? Would be good to know ahead of time, so I can monitor AFR and KR after tune to see if it fits the "norm". Sorry, I am so ****, my sphincter squeaks when I walk. 91 is "barely premium fuel" and that's all we have here in CA.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:23 PM

The octane available is a good point!! I live where 93 octane is available
! Will the tuner ask me about that? With over 6000 cars tuned I'd hope the tuner asks a lot of questions about my set up and fuel octane should be near the top of the list!

Old 07-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Forum Regular
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by BadSRT2005
The octane available is a good point!! I live where 93 octane is available
! Will the tuner ask me about that? With over 6000 cars tuned I'd hope the tuner asks a lot of questions about my set up and fuel octane should be near the top of the list!

last time I had a tune, they had me fill out and turn in something like this
http://www.eurocharged.com/ecu_form.pdf

If you know the name of the "remote control program", I can check it's port number and open it up for the tune!
https://secure.logmein.com/ is what they were using last time I had a tune

Chris

Old 07-30-2012, 12:27 AM
Forum Regular

OK, I just ordered my tune for my stocker SRT6. Suspension work was my priority and it's all finished. Gonna bump it up a bit with a tune and figure out later if I will do a pulley or not, or the total Euro-Stage1 package. Right now, I will settle for more torque across the board to help barrel down the highway all lowered and hunkered down in the SRT6 cockpit. Let's see if the suspension and power can keep me glued on the road.

Free re-tunes will help if I see something on my monitors. I assume Euro saves the old stock tune for California 91 octane before upgrading. That would be nice to keep all my original tune parameters in the Eurocharged database, just in case I need to go back for some reason.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cash sent. Will contact you and ask for some info.
Cannot wait

Old 07-30-2012, 06:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FUBU
Cash sent. Will contact you and ask for some info.
Cannot wait
I know how you feel. I ordered it on Wednesday and I haven't slept tonight knowing that the cable will be arriving today... :X

Old 07-30-2012, 10:15 AM

I know how you feel. I ordered it on Wednesday and I haven't slept tonight knowing that the cable will be arriving today... :X
I have the cable, just need to get in touch with the lads

Old 07-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Banned

Argh.. You lucky sumbish :P

Old 07-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Forum Regular

BTw : Would still like to see a graph of the following:

Out of curiosity, has anyone at Eurocharged taken air-fuel-ratios and knock-retard counts across the RPM range with the tune on a stock SRT6 with 91 octane fuel? Would be good to know ahead of time, so I can monitor AFR and KR after tune to see if it fits the "norm". Sorry, I am so ****, my sphincter squeaks when I walk. 91 is "barely premium fuel" and that's all we have here in CA

Old 07-30-2012, 10:59 AM

Argh.. You lucky sumbish :P
sumbish? Have you scheduled an appointment to have it done?

Old 07-31-2012, 03:00 PM

Ordered on the 26th and recieved my cable today the 31st!! I'm a lil excited to say the least!

Old 07-31-2012, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by BadSRT2005
Ordered on the 26th and recieved my cable today the 31st!! I'm a lil excited to say the least!
Having mine done on Thursday

Old 07-31-2012, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by loungn14
send me your vin and I can check your software version
I sent you a PM last week with this info and haven't heard back yet. Just let me know thanks!

Quick Reply: SRT6 Tuning sale with Free remote cable - $399