Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

TCU and Rev Limiter

Old 10-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: TCU and Rev Limiter

Well that sucks, I really wanted that to work out. I've been stalling on the paddle shifter install waiting to see if got fixed.

I remember Speedriven offered a TCU tune. Did anyone try it?

Old 10-01-2012, 09:00 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tunaglove
Well that sucks, I really wanted that to work out. I've been stalling on the paddle shifter install waiting to see if got fixed.

I remember Speedriven offered a TCU tune. Did anyone try it?
Yes, I'm running it with the paddles and love it. The shifts are crisp, less of a delay but smooth enough to not affect comfort when just cruising.
I will be giving this combination the ultimate test this weekend.....The Dragon

Old 10-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

after the way they treated the crossfire members why would anyone send a single dime to speedriven? they showed their true colors by the way they handled the header group buy and the way they expressed their true feelings about you guys. no way i would spend a dime with them

Old 10-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm going to go off topic a little but that Whipple supercharger project that we were shelved for seems to be on a back burner. It's looking like most of their burners are back ones. A name change perhaps? Back burner driven?

Les

Old 10-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT6_Roadster
I am very disappointed in the TCU tune. After having been burned by being a beta tester by being an early adopter I did not jump on the TCU tune when it was first offered. I am glad I waited but had high hopes for it. Would have been great if it worked out as promised.
I talked with Adam at Eurocharged as I would LOVE to get this car shifting better.
He didn't think there was anything wrong with the TCU tune they're offering. When I brought up the A/F spikes issue, he suggested raising the rev limiter.
I don't have any problem with the shift points and would prefer leaving the rev limiter where it is to protect the $20K motor.

I guess the TCU tune just isn't in the cards for this car.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:56 AM
cjw
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Beep
I talked with Adam at Eurocharged as I would LOVE to get this car shifting better.
He didn't think there was anything wrong with the TCU tune they're offering. When I brought up the A/F spikes issue, he suggested raising the rev limiter.
I don't have any problem with the shift points and would prefer leaving the rev limiter where it is to protect the $20K motor.

I guess the TCU tune just isn't in the cards for this car.
If they can get it fixed, which I dont think they are even trying too it would be worth it, it imporved my 1/4 mile .2 and helped out autocrossing due to the more torque, it would not hold gear like stated and the a/f spikes are just not worth it. I dont think rasing the limiter would fix the spikes but thats another argument. We sent ours back and forth to Jerry about 4 times before we just gave up and lost a good little bit of money. I suggest staying away from the tune, put the money elsewhere

Old 10-02-2012, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by cjw
If they can get it fixed, which I dont think they are even trying too it would be worth it, it imporved my 1/4 mile .2 and helped out autocrossing due to the more torque, it would not hold gear like stated and the a/f spikes are just not worth it. I dont think rasing the limiter would fix the spikes but thats another argument. We sent ours back and forth to Jerry about 4 times before we just gave up and lost a good little bit of money. I suggest staying away from the tune, put the money elsewhere
It's too bad. I think a lot of owners here and on the MB forum (there's a similar thread over there) would be all over this tune if they worked the bugs out of it. Eurocharged and the owners lose.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Forum Regular

I would love a TCU tune. The stock shifting sucks but the last thing I want is to make maters worse which seems to be the result of the current tunes.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6_Roadster
I would love a TCU tune. The stock shifting sucks but the last thing I want is to make maters worse which seems to be the result of the current tunes.
I know..right? It sounds like all they have to do is move the shift points away from the rev limiter. Am I missing something here?

Old 10-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Forum Regular

I know..right? It sounds like all they have to do is move the shift points away from the rev limiter. Am I missing something here?
Apparently so. If it was that easy it would be a done deal. I agree with you that it does not sound like it should be complicated but it is apparently more complicated than we think.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I brought up the A/F spikes issue, he suggested raising the rev limiter.
he is an idiot. i had 3 versions of the tcu mod. ecu rev limiter from 6200 to 7000 tcu limiter from 5800 to 6900. none of them worked. i spent 6 months sending dozens of loggs from 2 to 4 gear from 1 to 5 gear pulls and everything in between.if you do the research you will see the only people who love the tcu mod dont do any datalogging at all. simple data logg shows massive high afr spikes during the shifts.
in the end i went back to a stock tcu and e/c gave up on trying to fix it for me.