Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

TCU and Rev Limiter

Old 02-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Re: TCU and Rev Limiter

Yep - sorry about that, 5 is indeed 'D', forgot to mention that

Old 02-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So they are fixing the TCU by lowering the shift point back to stock (6200)? I like the way it shifts at 6500 or so as it really screams in that range. Just don't like the thud.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BushPilot
So they are fixing the TCU by lowering the shift point back to stock (6200)? I like the way it shifts at 6500 or so as it really screams in that range. Just don't like the thud.
stock setup is 5800 rpm on the ecu and the tcu would shift before that. with a tune the rpm is raised to 6500 and the tcu has to be below that to keep it from bouncing off the rev limiter. also the data shows the power curve falls off after 6200 slightly and theres no need to rev it that high unless your running a s/c with nitrous setup
the thud you feel is the tps slamming the t/b shut from 98% to 8% and then openoing it fully again. thats were the afr spike occurs

Old 02-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Forum Regular

I had the Eurocharge tune at the Crossfires Across America GTG in St. Louis in 2010.
Red line seemed to be raised to 6200.
I've been autocrossing before and after the tune and don't recall any of the gears hanging up before shifting. All shifts have been smooth and without delays at redline.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Wedge
I had the Eurocharge tune at the Crossfires Across America GTG in St. Louis in 2010.
Red line seemed to be raised to 6200.
I've been autocrossing before and after the tune and don't recall any of the gears hanging up before shifting. All shifts have been smooth and without delays at redline.
what your referring to is the ecu tune. the tcu tune is a different tune which requires the tcu to be shipped to e/c for a reflash

Old 02-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for the correction/information. Is the TCU for Torque control?

Old 02-03-2012, 09:47 PM

Thanks for the correction/information. Is the TCU for Torque control?
the idea is to allow for faster shifting via the amg speedshift pkg, allow the trans to hold a specific gear at redline vs the tcu upshifting automatically and raisng the torque limiters to 1000 newtons so the tcu wont go into limp mode during hard high hp shifts. in summer mode the trans acts as oem in winter mod it becomes a full manual shift

Old 02-04-2012, 03:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
the idea is to allow for faster shifting via the amg speedshift pkg, allow the trans to hold a specific gear at redline vs the tcu upshifting automatically and raisng the torque limiters to 1000 newtons so the tcu wont go into limp mode during hard high hp shifts. in summer mode the trans acts as oem in winter mod it becomes a full manual shift
For us actually using the oem winter mode, if doing this mid I suppose the winter mode is going to be bad for driving in 2 meters of snow? or can I VHS
He directly in to 2nd gear?

Old 02-04-2012, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by FUBU
For us actually using the oem winter mode, if doing this mid I suppose the winter mode is going to be bad for driving in 2 meters of snow? or can I VHS
He directly in to 2nd gear?
for the xfire and the slk the w mode no longer exists. you could use summer mode and start in 2nd gear, but will have to shift manually thru the gears. i dont drive my car in bad weather but i can tell you these cars arent all weather cars. buy a beater and park it for the winter

Old 02-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks 32, this conversation, very quickly, went over my head.
I do remember that after my tune, Jake had to either remove or raise the torque limit on my car because the car completely shut down for a moment during hard acceleration on an on ramp, and I mean Completely.
Hehe, this may be my only contribution to this conversation. Sorry guys, I tried.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:06 PM

Thanks 32, this conversation, very quickly, went over my head.
I do remember that after my tune, Jake had to either remove or raise the torque limit on my car because the car completely shut down for a moment during hard acceleration on an on ramp, and I mean Completely.
Hehe, this may be my only contribution to this conversation. Sorry guys, I tried.
no worries any info is more info to add. i received my tcu today and of course my battery is dead!! so im tossing a quick charge and if the rain holds off ill make a pass and datalogg to see whats what. if not ill try sunday.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Forum Regular

also the data shows the power curve falls off after 6200 slightly
My car made peak power at 6500..and my guess by looking at the graph would have kept climbing..never dropped off or even leveled out for that matter.....just sayin, not trying to start a controversy

Old 02-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I took the 6 out to the track this past Friday night so I could datalog and made only two passes. I removed/reversed all mods I did AFTER the TCU tune to see if any gains were made just from TCU mod. I logged the 1st pass and hit rev limiter in 2/3 and 3/4 shift and second pass I forgot to log and hit limiter again but with a loud "pop" sound.......almost like backfiring through intake........and now I am done with this mod. I also ran slower than ever and in great weather managed a best of 12.3@115. I won't race again until I get my TCU returned to stock as it's not worth potentially blowing my engine..........and running slower at the track.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Moparrbust
I took the 6 out to the track this past Friday night so I could datalog and made only two passes. I removed/reversed all mods I did AFTER the TCU tune to see if any gains were made just from TCU mod. I logged the 1st pass and hit rev limiter in 2/3 and 3/4 shift and second pass I forgot to log and hit limiter again but with a loud "pop" sound.......almost like backfiring through intake........and now I am done with this mod. I also ran slower than ever and in great weather managed a best of 12.3@115. I won't race again until I get my TCU returned to stock as it's not worth potentially blowing my engine..........and running slower at the track.
i have the latest tune from jerry. i have datalogged and theyare finally on the right track. the setup is now ecu 6500 rpm, tcu 6200 rpm and torque limiters set at 1000 newtons. this allows for easy smooth shifting in D no different than oem. in summer with manual selection the shifts are quick and firm with no afr spikes and zero lag. is it faster than oem? i cant say. i have had so many tcvu mods tried i forget what it was like oem. the only thing i found was that in w mode the tcu still shifts at redline doesnt hold the gear like i thought it should.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:02 PM

i have the latest tune from jerry. i have datalogged and theyare finally on the right track. the setup is now ecu 6500 rpm, tcu 6200 rpm and torque limiters set at 1000 newtons. this allows for easy smooth shifting in D no different than oem. in summer with manual selection the shifts are quick and firm with no afr spikes and zero lag. is it faster than oem? i cant say. i have had so many tcvu mods tried i forget what it was like oem. the only thing i found was that in w mode the tcu still shifts at redline doesnt hold the gear like i thought it should.
Is EC going to make this standard on their tunes for the tcu or will this be an option to request?

Old 02-13-2012, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by jesserettele
Is EC going to make this standard on their tunes for the tcu or will this be an option to request?
6200 will be the default tune rpm and they are still refining the tune to be able to raise the limit to 6450 if requested. im not sure about the manual mode i have to talk to jerry about the shifting and let him know

Old 10-01-2012, 12:17 PM

was any body able to increase the limit of the rpm?
originally set to 6250rpm.
i already installed a tcu tune from eurocharged, which promised an rpm limit rase.
but this did not happen.
the car now cutts off with a loud noise, then shifts after that at 6250rpm.
this is making me much slower.
i thought it is an ecu problem, i installed a viezu tune (from england) to just raise the rpm.
nothing happened, the car still shifts after lound cutoff at 6250.
note before tcu tune from eurocharged the car shifts smoothly at 6250 rpm without cutoff.
thank you

Old 10-01-2012, 12:44 PM

check out this, they have eurocharged TCU problems too
hitting rev limiter after tcu tune - MBWorld.org Forums

Old 10-01-2012, 02:05 PM
cjw
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fahed bassem
was any body able to increase the limit of the rpm?
originally set to 6250rpm.
i already installed a tcu tune from eurocharged, which promised an rpm limit rase.
but this did not happen.
the car now cutts off with a loud noise, then shifts after that at 6250rpm.
this is making me much slower.
i thought it is an ecu problem, i installed a viezu tune (from england) to just raise the rpm.
nothing happened, the car still shifts after lound cutoff at 6250.
note before tcu tune from eurocharged the car shifts smoothly at 6250 rpm without cutoff.
thank you
The problem was never fixed, Eurocharged TCU tune gave more tq on the low end but did not hold gear like they said and it would do somthing very similar to hitting the rev limiter at the top, if yours is doing this do not continue to race the car, a lot of people got A/F spikes when this happend. My father an I both got what they called a refund, about 30% of what we paid and they changed it back to stock. Not worth the hassle in my opionion

Old 10-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Forum Regular

I am very disappointed in the TCU tune. After having been burned by being a beta tester by being an early adopter I did not jump on the TCU tune when it was first offered. I am glad I waited but had high hopes for it. Would have been great if it worked out as promised.

Quick Reply: TCU and Rev Limiter