Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Needswings duel intake on V8 crossfire

Old 01-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Needswings duel intake on V8 crossfire

Originally Posted by amx1397
if u say so ,,until you get the v8 in your crossfire you can only say 20k and u only gain .6 when you get yours ( of course you want) but if you did there is soooo much you gain, the .6 is only the beginning,, just so you know we all the srt6 cars was running 12.0 to 12.2 when I had Rudy install the v8,, so my first run with the v8 was 11.5, a month later i was running 11.2 from my 12.2 lets say to 11.2 = 1 second no .6 just like the v6 we strive to make it faster,,which they did by making it leaner.. also if you know drag racing it is 150lbs or $300.00 for each tenth, and some time you don't get the tenth, I am very happy with my v8 in my crossfire and BTW this was about the Needswings intake,, not my or your or anybody else's track time jim

now you know the rest of the story.
Sorry, didn't mean to touch a nerve. My numbers where being based off of what I've personally seen at the track from another member who isn't running lean and running 11.9 consistantly. You did 5 runs with 11.3 as your fastest, so 11.9 minus 11.3 is what? Oh it's 0.6 seconds, damn that southern backwoods country highschool did teach me somethin.

Dude, bottom line is if you like the car and are happy with your decision it doesn't matter what someone else thinks. I have a SLK55, it has a V8 engine, and I paid too much for it. You know what though? I don't care that I paid too much, because it's what I wanted and I love the car.

BTW the DCAI from Needswings looks good.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
it's what I wanted and I love the car
Amen and amen.

I am a bit shocked the 55K V-8 isn't murdering 10's all day long, though.

Daihti (sp?) in TX is running a 150 shot and his wife is well into the 10's... Jim is getting a good hook, I figured this thing would at least match the SRT on NOS.

11.3 is still retardedly quick, I'll never see those speeds.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

Sorry, didn't mean to touch a nerve. My numbers where being based off of what I've personally seen at the track from another member who isn't running lean and running 11.9 consistantly. You did 5 runs with 11.3 as your fastest, so 11.9 minus 11.3 is what? Oh it's 0.6 seconds, damn that southern backwoods country highschool did teach me somethin.

Dude, bottom line is if you like the car and are happy with your decision it doesn't matter what someone else thinks. I have a SLK55, it has a V8 engine, and I paid too much for it. You know what though? I don't care that I paid too much, because it's what I wanted and I love the car.

BTW the DCAI from Needswings looks good.
you didn't touch a nerve I'm just gave you the facts of what is going on ,,and yes i did expect 10's from this,, and will be ther soon ,, the fun of it is building up to the 10's if i came out and ran the 10 from the getgo , i would have nothing to look forward to. I could have and almost did get a CTS-V or a E55 , but what i have there are only 7 of them that we know of. ==================================RARE
here is the LIST
V8 Crossfires
1. Mr Taz - AMG 55K (USA)====By Rudy [value] way up there
2. Beaner- AMG 55K (USA)==== By Rudy [value] way up there
3. amx1397 AMG 55 (USA)====By Rudy [value} way up there

1. LantanaTX - MB 5.0 (USA) ===himself [value] way up there
2. Jimmyskullz (USA====himself [value] way up there

0. Nina68 - Startech 6.1 (DE) ???
0. CrossiTiger - AMG 55 (DE)

Old 01-13-2012, 04:25 PM

Is there a video out there with a tuned srt6 vs a srt6 V8 ? both on street tires?

Old 01-13-2012, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by FUBU
Is there a video out there with a tuned srt6 vs a srt6 V8 ? both on street tires?
yes but NOT ON STREET TIRES not in my car anyway. here is the video you ask for a srt6 with the same tune as MY SRT6, when it was a 6,, VS's My V8 ,,,, the tune for the srt6 today is better, that is why more and more srt6;s are running in the 11's

Old 01-13-2012, 05:31 PM

you didn't touch a nerve I'm just gave you the facts of what is going on ,,and yes i did expect 10's from this,, and will be ther soon ,, the fun of it is building up to the 10's if i came out and ran the 10 from the getgo , i would have nothing to look forward to. I could have and almost did get a CTS-V or a E55 , but what i have there are only 7 of them that we know of. ==================================RARE
here is the LIST
V8 Crossfires
2. Beaner- AMG 55K (USA)==== By Rudy [value] way up there

You create a very interesting question, What is the value of a V8 Crossfire? I can't see giving more than low 20's for one. If you were to sell your 1 of 8 (you forgot the Hemi) what would you sell it for?

Old 01-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You create a very interesting question, What is the value of a V8 Crossfire? I can't see giving more than low 20's for one. If you were to sell your 1 of 8 (you forgot the Hemi) what would you sell it for?
I think someone offered Beaner around $30k for his and he said no. He said for around $40k he would probably sell it.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:33 PM

I was offered 35 cash, and also said no, I like this car so much if someone offered me $75,000.00 i would take it ,,and get another one and pocket a few dollars jim

Old 01-13-2012, 11:50 PM

Hey Nick if you get a chance ride in one of these cars. If you are really lucky drive one and experience what the accelleration of an 11.3 car feels like. You would be hooked. Rudy, Paul, Rob and the boys at Speedriven have built a very special car.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:55 AM

bigkid is in south fl for work, and he and I got together last wed at PBIR to do a little racing well he didn't want to run his car being he was in route to south fl. ,,had all his household goods in the back oh where were the golf clubs in the front seat beside you,,andway after the strip we went south, we were going to go to the track last night(Friday) but between his work and my rear suspension comming loose we just had some pizza and wings ,,hung out we did take my car out, bigkid drove but was not use to it enough to jump on it ,, anyway it was nice seeing him again,, he is welcome here any time ,he is one nice guy,,
if his work worksout we are going to the track next Wed. if we have time we are going to put my tires on his car and run it. anybody want to come out to PBIR with us ,, Randy,,Cuban be,,Carols,Don,Davesrt6,Srtpower,Manny two two,Martinsrt6,Fubu,Holycrap, and anyone that can come out& see this new intake that needswings made for the E55 engines ,in a crossfire or a Mercedes. jim

Old 01-14-2012, 11:28 AM

Jim, no problem getting on it in your car. I am looking forward to that experience. BUT 130 on a city street is just insane, don't you have any deserted country roads here? LOL or maybe I 75. Your car is wicked fast, possibly the fastest car I have ever been in.

Thanks for the hospitality ,I enjoyed the evening and meeting your family. I am always amazed how the people on this forum are like family. Who knew you would get all of this when you buy a Crossfire. Like the saying goes "PRICELESS".

Old 01-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

here is the LIST
V8 Crossfires
2. Beaner- AMG 55K (Canada)==== By Rudy [value] way up there

Beaner is from Canada, not yet part of the USA.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:48 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Beaner is from Canada, not yet part of the USA.

An honest mistake 180.........I know that what you really meant was
"that the USA is not yet a part of Canada"

Old 01-14-2012, 11:53 AM

maybe i should change the location to North America,

Old 01-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

....and my rear suspension coming loose.......
Jim, did you break or bend something or what???

Old 01-14-2012, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR
Jim, did you break or bend something or what???
I thought i did because the pass wheel was moving back and forth about an inch when the brake was applied. at 120 (at the track) i let off the gas and the car wanted to go sideways and when i hit the brakes to slow down the car wanted to go sideways the other way so i parked it ,,,drove 70 miles home jacked it up and wow ,,, I was going to take everything apart and make adj, links for all three links on both sides and or make hard teflon bushings for all the rear links and lower control arms, but then i found one of the bolts loose the nut was on by 1or 2 thds.,, replaced that,, inspected everything and i'm back on the road,, took some measurements and am going to make all new links,,maybe.. or maybe just the bushings. jim

P.S. mike your links are great and did not cause any of my problem,, your links are so good ,that's why i may want to make all the links on both sides. thanks for such a good product.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where did you guys order the devil horns from? And do yoi think they would fit @ the c32 engine bay?

Old 01-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by whtc32amg
where did you guys order the devil horns from? And do yoi think they would fit @ the c32 engine bay?

NeedsWings Devil Horns

Old 01-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Jim, I can make the trailing links and track bars for you. I did track bars for another member. Tell me what lengths (center to center) you need for the trailing links and track bars and I can do them. They will all look just like the camber arms, just different lengths...

Old 02-13-2012, 06:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Needswings duel intake on V8 crossfire

Originally Posted by JimmySkullz
Looks Awesome Jim!
That’s extremely nice! Do you use our stock gear box here? As i understand the most difficult thing is to replace all electric staff.

I wish you low 10 seconds!

Quick Reply: Needswings duel intake on V8 crossfire