Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Stacked pulleys - 23 psi with no codes. :)

Old 12-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stacked pulleys - 23psi with no codes. :)

Wow, what crazy man gave you the idea to cut down your suppercharger pulley ? LOL l knew it would work!

Old 12-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
In all these post no one has ask about the ARF's ,,,,,,,I hope you have a air fuel ratio gauge,, if no, there is a spare engine on e bay you may need it . if you AFR is at wot higher than 13.2 in about 50 runs ,,you will need that engine.,,,,

and do you have enough fuel to support both pulleys?

please post your AFR. !!

jim
For someone that posts as much as you, you don't seem to read much at all. You must have missed all my threads on running lean, solving it with a SL55 fuel pump, and how correcting the A/F netted me a 5mph increase in trap speed. I'm just a newb, so you probably don't read my threads.

I haven't data logged yet, as I'm letting it get broken in. A quick glimpse of the A/F at WOT showed a range from 11-13 A/f. I'll datalog once the car makes open loop adjustments based on closed loop trims.

Last edited by grip grip; 12-26-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by RODNEYRAEL
Wow, what crazy man gave you the idea to cut down your suppercharger pulley ? LOL l knew it would work!
It's fairly common, but the lack of time for us to swap pulleys, and the huge distance from my house to Steve's (to try his C3) left me with no alternative but to have my backup pulley machined down. Now get a fuel pump, 181, wideband, bigger H/E, and let 'er eat.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Received 237 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by grip grip
For someone that posts as much as you, you don't seem to read much at all. You must have missed all my threads on running lean, solving it with a SL55 fuel pump, and how correcting the A/F netted me a 5mph increase in trap speed. I'm just a newb, so you probably don't read my threads.

I haven't data logged yet, as I'm letting it get broken in. A quick glimpse of the A/F at WOT showed a range from 11-13 A/f. I'll datalog once the car makes open loop adjustments based on closed loop trims.
sorry to ruffle your feathers, well not really.. i did read your post on the sl 55 then i had my friend read it to me so i was sure i didn't miss anything. also I did the sl55 pump 2 years ago, when i stacked the 178 and code 3 SC , my afr were 13,3 to 13.5,(thats to much) at 22.5 lbs of boost , as we know each car is different, i hope yours works out for you, stacked and all . you may not be a newbe but sometimes you really sound like one.,, either way keep us informed as WE can and do learn from others. Happy new year jim

Old 12-26-2011, 11:34 PM

sorry to ruffle your feathers, well not really.. i did read your post on the sl 55 then i had my friend read it to me so i was sure i didn't miss anything. also I did the sl55 pump 2 years ago, when i stacked the 178 and code 3 SC , my afr were 13,3 to 13.5,(thats to much) at 22.5 lbs of boost , as we know each car is different, i hope yours works out for you, stacked and all . you may not be a newbe but sometimes you really sound like one.,, either way keep us informed as WE can and do learn from others. Happy new year jim
If you read all my posts regarding running lean and correcting it with the fuel pump, why did you ask me if I have a wideband or fueling mods? Maybe your friend needs to read it to you again, since it's clearly not sinking in.

Last edited by grip grip; 12-27-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:40 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are tunning to win at drag racing (best ET)??

Or are you tunning for best highway commute?

Two different data sets....

Old 12-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was going to tell Grip Grip that he should have more respect for his elders; but then I noticed that he is 99. Be cool.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dinasrt
I was going to tell Grip Grip that he should have more respect for his elders; but then I noticed that he is 99. Be cool.
Yes, he is friggin' awesome for his age! I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy! Great job Grip Grip, can't wait to see all your results paying off at the track! Good luck.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:11 AM

[quote=grip grip] If you read all my posts regarding running lean and correcting it with the fuel pump, why did you ask me if I have a wideband or fueling mods? Maybe your friend needs to read it to you again, since it's clearly not sinking it. If you knew those two things, why post your sarcastic and asinine comment about me blowing the engine and needing one off ebay?

Keep your sarcastic comments to yourself and keep your nose out of this thread. Since you've been there and done that with the XF, what times were you running when you decided on the engine swap? Better that 11.8's? I doubt it.

Wow, you run a 11.2 with a supercharged V8, but you only trap 5-6 MPH more than me. Wow, 1/2 second faster for $20,000 when I've spent under 3K. LOL

I'd think with your slips your times secret until you run deep into the 10's. When you run a 10.5 I'll listen to what you have to say. Until then, stop bragging about running 5 tenths faster than guys with 200 less horsepower.

Happy new Year, Anthony.
If you read all my posts regarding running lean and correcting it with the fuel pump, why did you ask me if I have a wideband or fueling mods? Maybe your friend needs to read it to you again, since it's clearly not sinking in.
WOW grip you did get your feathers ruffled .. to answer your questions and statements you of all people can't not tell any one to stay out of a thread.
i was running 12.2 then changed the engine
if you are 99 you must have only been building cars and racing for maybe 6 months to a year. or you would know 100LBS or $1000.00 per tenth,, after the first 1/2 second , that one is free
I have no secrets, and bragging I don't think so just posting what the car is doing so others can see
Happy new year to you and all OUR members jim

Old 12-27-2011, 10:22 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok boys.....enough of the Testosterone flingin here. Lets get back to the topic, Lots of people interested in this one........including me.

Happy holidays.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I feel like I am in the Pits on Saturday night...only one way to settle that argument....track time...
I can tell you this, although great reading, I won't stack pullies, nor will I ever run a crank pulley. Just me, not doin' it. And I will never do a V-8 conversion after seeing the cost. Just me...but, I still enjoy reading and watching others do it. I have a totally different route if it works out. If not, I will drive them and enjoy them and enjoy the Gtgs. Gearing up for some drinking this weekend...no work...lol Now, back to the work at hand.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:56 AM

SparkieSRT6 you are so right ,,and I apologize to all members,,,Grip, lets see what the stacked pulleys can do on the strip when you get it working the way you want it, share with us maybe we can better our cars with that info. jim

Last edited by amx1397; 12-27-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:07 PM

Just a quick update.

It's too wet to datalog today, but I've been driving around watching my ST fuel trims like a hawk. I'm frequently seeing ST's of 22%. IMO this tells me I need to drive it around more to allow the LT's to fully adjust. Once the LT's are increased to cover the new fueling requirements, I should in theory stop seeing elevated ST's.

As soon as the ST's are down to around 5%, I'll be more anxious to datalog a 3rd gear pull. From an article TunaGlove sent me a while back, the closed-loop trims carry over to the open-loop tables. With this being the case, every day I drive it in closed-loop it will increase my open-loop A/F.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just for something to try if you will Grip, take off your intake right at the throttle body and see if you get even more boost. We all know the air will be hotter, i'm just curious how much the intake plays into your 23psi. Maybe the hotter air will drop boost, or maybe the lack of any restriction will bring it higher. If it's the same then you know your intake mods are dialed in! I was really surprised to see 22psi with just the 181, but I have a really big DIY intake/filter. I went lean, hit 14AFR, even with the bigger injectors, but I haven't upgraded my fuel pump yet or re-tuned. It was 20F outside at the time. Thanks for sharing your info with us Grip.

Last edited by tunaglove; 12-27-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by tunaglove
Just for something to try if you will Grip, take off your intake right at the throttle body and see if you get even more boost. We all know the air will be hotter, i'm just curious how much the intake plays into your 23psi. Maybe the hotter air will drop boost, or maybe the lack of any restriction will bring it higher. If it's the same then you know your intake mods are dialed in! I was really surprised to see 22psi with just the 181, but I have a really big DIY intake/filter. I went lean, hit 14AFR, even with the bigger injectors, but I haven't upgraded my fuel pump yet or re-tuned. It was 20F outside at the time. Thanks for sharing your info with us Grip.

I'd like to help you out, but that's one that thing I'm not sure I'm willing to try. I've run the NW single with no filter at the track before, but having air directly flow into the TB has me a little nervous. I'll have to think about that one. Give me a some time to think it over. I might be willing to try it at the track, but no way on the streets. There's just too much debris and exposure.

Have you tried this yourself?

Also, from what I've seen/read, boost numbers are inflated by 2/3 psi when taken at the Y-pipe instead of the manifolds. I'm seeing 23 psi at the manifold, so I would probably have 25/26 psi at the Y-pipe. Did you see 22 psi at the Y-pipe or manifolds?

Old 12-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd like to help you out, but that's one that thing I'm not sure I'm willing to try. I've run the NW single with no filter at the track before, but having air directly flow into the TB has me a little nervous. I'll have to think about that one. Give me a some time to think it over. I might be willing to try it at the track, but no way on the streets. There's just too much debris and exposure.

Have you tried this yourself?

Also, from what I've seen/read, boost numbers are inflated by 2/3 psi when taken at the Y-pipe instead of the manifolds. I'm seeing 23 psi at the manifold, so I would probably have 25/26 psi at the Y-pipe. Did you see 22 psi at the Y-pipe or manifolds?
Ok, that's understandable!

I tapped my boost line into one of the manifolds halfway up the tube, you know the part everyone is cutting off and making bigger LOL! I forgot about the boost being higher closer to the IC, makes more sense now.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:13 PM

Out of curiosity, I decided to datalog the A/F in 2nd gear, and 2nd gear only. Reasoning is that 3rd and 4th run leaner leaving 2nd gear as the safer test.

The results are the same as my preliminary test on day 1. I see A/F's in the 11's up until 3,800, and at that point they lean out into the 13's. I'll drive it a few more days and see if the LT's affect the Open Loop fuel tables and richen it up. At that point, if it's still lean in 2nd, I'll need to either retune for more fuel up top, or install a larger S/C pulley. I could also just remove it. I love having options.

By the way, for the time I was in 2nd gear (approximately 4 seconds, since I started in a very low rpm for 2nd gear) my IAT's went from 66-106F. They dropped back down to 71F in 15 seconds. I'm not impressed with the IAT's, as there is something going on with my H/E's or intake tubes. I think my intake tubes may not be sealed and allowing hot air to be sucked in from the engine bay.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:52 PM

One thing i did years ago on a different car that had a regulated fuel system, was add a fuel nozzle (could be at the "Y" fitting) on the crossfire ( i used every thing that you would use with nitrous just did not use the nitrous, I had a sw on the gas peddle and on a power switch,,turn on the switch and then only when i was in wot. I wouldi get the extra fuel needed.

I am not sure if you removed the fuel regulator that comes with and inside the fuel filter, if no then the sl55 pump may give you the same volume and pressure as stock, I am running a external fuel regulator now.

as far as the IAT's what was the ampient temp when you did your run,, the 106 sounds very good at the top end of 2 gear,, My iat runs 5 to 9 degrees above ampient then 1,,,2,,, 3 ==end of 1/4 mile run, my iat is 140 ,,and by the time i get back to the pits it is back to 9 to 11 degrees above ampient, this is with the newest Needswings duel intake which should be on the market soon. jim

Ps see i'm not mad at you.
i heard once that a car is to get you from point A to point B
but to me the car is the point

Old 12-27-2011, 05:05 PM

One thing i did years ago on a different car that had a regulated fuel system, was add a fuel nozzle (could be at the "Y" fitting) on the crossfire ( i used every thing that you would use with nitrous just did not use the nitrous, I had a sw on the gas peddle and on a power switch,,turn on the switch and then only when i was in wot. I wouldi get the extra fuel needed.

I am not sure if you removed the fuel regulator that comes with and inside the fuel filter, if no then the sl55 pump may give you the same volume and pressure as stock, I am running a external fuel regulator now.

as far as the IAT's what was the ampient temp when you did your run,, the 106 sounds very good at the top end of 2 gear,, My iat runs 5 to 9 degrees above ampient then 1,,,2,,, 3 ==end of 1/4 mile run, my iat is 140 ,,and by the time i get back to the pits it is back to 9 to 11 degrees above ampient, this is with the newest Needswings duel intake which should be on the market soon. jim

Ps see i'm not mad at you.
i heard once that a car is to get you from point A to point B
but to me the car is the point
I didn't touch the regulator or alter the filter in any way. Just installing it bumped the IAT's up 2 or 3 full points. At this point I really think a retune can make it work, but if it doesn't I'll probably just go back to what works (my old 181 an stock pulley).

As for the ambient temps, it was around 46-50F here when I ran, so I was cruising around with IAT's at 20F over. I've seen much lower, so I'm a little disappointed. I'll compare some of my old logs and compare.

No hard feelings, Jim. I wasn't in the best of moods last night. By this morning I'd already edited my response, but you responded to the original version.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I believe we've all figured out that the I/C under the supercharger is the bottleneck. We're trying to find the best way to improve the systems before and after because were stuck with the I/C. Jim's fans, most likely, are the best we can do. I'd like to eventually get the thermal coating on my I/C. I'm really considering water injection, again. I've decided to do it and changed my mind several times. I have a few experiments to try myself in the near future and I'll post up the details when I finally get moving. I hope you get the stacked pulleys to work, you'd be the first.

Les

Quick Reply: Stacked pulleys - 23 psi with no codes. :)