Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Thanks to the Dragon guys...

Old 12-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to the Dragon guys...

There I was...Veterans Day weekend 2007...I took the long weekend from a school I was attending at Fort Rucker Alabama to head to the Dragon for some fun. I was meeting a few of my Buell Motorcycle friends there in order to ride at Dels Gap...and other sweet area roads...when all of a sudden I see a group (or is it a flock?) of Crossfires also there during the holiday weekend to enjoy a little camaraderie and the twisties.

Now it's not that I had never seen these cars before...I had always loved the looks of the Crossfires since I first saw them sitting on the dealer lots in 2004-2005 (not sure exactly when I saw the first one). But this was different...at that very moment I said to myself, "that is a car for me".

When I got back to Alabama on that Sunday I immediately did a search for a website / forum that would help me to learn everything I could about these cars. That night I registered with CrossfireForum.org...and have been lurking ever since. Over the next few years, every now and then, I would browse the activity of this forum, check out the classified here, and periodically look on Craigslist to see if there were any SRT6's for sale locally (Colorado). Seldom did they appear here...but even when they did show up...it was not the right timing for me.

About a year ago I started getting serious about buying a Crossfire...and started looking almost daily. I preferred to buy locally...but I was looking nationwide just in case I found the one. After returning this past May from a year long "vacation" to Iraq...I could not find a single SRT6 for sale in Colorado...that is until recently!

Just a week before Thanksgiving I got my daily "SRT6's for sale" update from CarGuru.com, low and behold there was one for sale in the Denver area! I went to check it out on a Sunday (dealers are closed on Sundays here) and it looked to be in excellent condition...a black (yes I know, another) coupe, completely original, with only 25k on the clock.

The day after Thanksgiving I finally had time to get back to the dealer and test drive my first Crossfire (an SRT6). With my current primary vehicle being a Chevy Tahoe...I found the firm ride and additional road noise to be a little unusual. In the end, the power and cornering was everything I expected it to be. I was still in Love! I returned from the test ride and the sales person (who did not join me on the drive) did not seem all that interested in negotiating...probably because there was another couple waiting to check it out. So I decided to leave rather than relinquishing my negotiation edge.

About an hour later I get a call on the phone...I guess the other couple was not the buyers they (the sales person) was thinking. So we ending up completing all of the wheeling and dealing over the phone. By the end of Black Friday...a little over 4 years since first falling in love with this car...I am a proud new owner of a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6!

With all that said...I just want to thank all of the November 2007 Crossfire owners that were at the Dragon! Maybe I'll see you there sometime.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CIMG1548.JPG (2.72 MB, 52 views)
Old 12-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Thanks to the Dragon guys...

Very cool story . sounds like you got a awesome car congrats . You should really try and attend a Dragon it will be as good or maybe better than on the bike , but then again you did say Buell I look forward to meeting you one of these days on the Big D You can always travel down with Evan he lives in Denver I believe....

Old 12-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 627 Likes on 428 Posts

MAXIMUM,
First let me thank you for your service to our country.
I'm sure that is why you were in Iraq and it wasn't any vacation.

Glad you found your dream car and close to home.
Ya been registered here for 4 years and only posted twice..lol

Don't be shy and jump in more often.
I have planned and attended every Tail of the Dragon since that first one in 2007.
Well Kimpossibe actually planned last spring and has taken over planning the spring GTG from now on although I still attend every Spring and Fall.

Itsky (Evan) lives in Parker Colorado and has made the drive several times.
He recently bought an SRT6 and will probably be driving it there next fall.
Maybe you should join him and come out and have some fun on 4 wheels.

Anyway congratulations on the SRT !!

Old 12-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Forum Regular

Thank you for your service. I hope you find the Crossfire to be a great car and are able to join us at the Dragon GTG in the Spring of Fall.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

Thanks for your service sir.

If you and Itsky connect you can always make the St Louis stop over at my place.

Enjoy the Perma grin

Sorry but there is not cure.

And this is the support group.
Welcome.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

cool story....as an old and I do mean old biker, who loves to drag a knee, I really enjoyed your story. Thanks for spending your vacation in Iraq, I am sure you helped change history. The tree of shame does include XF parts, so we will be there for ever....come on out and join us, or fly in with Evan, and we will pick you up and show you a good time....welcome aboard and you do own the fastest color....well, as fast as the blue ones anyway....lol

Old 12-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MAXIMUM
There I was...Veterans Day weekend 2007...I took the long weekend from a school I was attending at Fort Rucker Alabama to head to the Dragon for some fun. I was meeting a few of my Buell Motorcycle friends there in order to ride at Dels Gap...and other sweet area roads...when all of a sudden I see a group (or is it a flock?) of Crossfires also there during the holiday weekend to enjoy a little camaraderie and the twisties.
Now it's not that I had never seen these cars before...I had always loved the looks of the Crossfires since I first saw them sitting on the dealer lots in 2004-2005 (not sure exactly when I saw the first one). But this was different...at that very moment I said to myself, "that is a car for me".
With all that said...I just want to thank all of the November 2007 Crossfire owners that were at the Dragon! Maybe I'll see you there sometime.
Speaking as one of the First Forteen Fires to "Flock" to the Dragon as a collective group of Friends Four years ago.......You're very welcome.

Last edited by +fireamx; 12-05-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:45 PM

I always wondered who started that mess. Now I know who to blame....#1 of 14....lol...

Old 12-05-2011, 09:54 PM

I too thanks your for your service..
i have not been to the dragon yet but my srt roadster is moving to some where between conifer and parker this year. you will have to look for my blue streak..
welcome again sir

Old 12-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey... did I hear "spare parts" in this thread?

Old 12-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MAXIMUM,
Congrats on your purchase! It's great to have another Colorado owner! Nice picture with the snow.

As Valk said, I do live in Parker and would love to meet up some time when the snow is melted off the road a bit! We do have a local Crossfire club (Colorado Crossfire Club). We do a few meets a year. Let me know if you are interested.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I always wondered who started that mess. Now I know who to blame....#1 of 14....lol...
Not me Doc.

I think it was an old forum member whose screen name was AeroBlue who first mentioned going to the Dragon in his Crossfire with his Dad.
But it was Bill "SilverFox" who got the ball rolling in 07. He's the one you need to blame.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your service and congrats on the purchase of the SRT. Good story aand I am glad you finaly ran down your dream car. they are special cars for sure and getting more rare every year. Hope to have some fun on the Dragon with you soon.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say, "Welcome to the greatest show on Earth"... but you've been here for quite some time. I guess congrats on the purchase seems to be the correct thing to say???

Firmer ride LOL, watch those speed bumps. They're a biotch

Old 12-06-2011, 02:43 AM

wow thank you – and what a great story!
Welcome and congrats on your good looking black SRT-6!
Must be great to have successfully finished the search?
I have myself have just completed 8 months online search routine before getting my SRT-6.

As others have invited you, here is the link: 2012 Easter Dragon GTG

Old 12-07-2011, 12:24 PM

Thanks for all the welcome/congrats! I have really enjoyed all of the information on this forum over the past four years...I believe that it really gave me an upper hand when I went to look at the car at the dealership. Without a doubt I knew more about the car (Chevy dealer) than they did...plus I knew exactly what the look for to truly understand the condition of the car and how well it had be maintained.

I hadn't done much (or really any) posting during those previous four years because even though I got some great education by everyone that was posting here...I didn't feel like I had any firsthand experience to contribute (I hadn’t ever driven one prior to my purchase). With that said, I can guarantee everyone that I will post more over the next four years than my last four!

I have really enjoyed reading about all the mods here...which feeds my natural obsessive impulses to go crazy on the mod train! But based on me previously experiences while going mod crazy on some of my motorcycles (including some mods that I later reverted back to stock), I am going to attempt to exercise some will power with this car!

I did however order an 18" winter wheel/tire setup this week. I ended up going with the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3's. I don't plan to drive this baby in snow storms...but I live at 8000' feet and typically have snow packed roads around my house from December to April...yet the Denver Metro area is great driving weather 95% of the winter! I didn't think I could resist driving the SRT during the winter...so I made the snow tire/wheel purchase.

About the only other mod I plan on doing in the near future is the "Bass Blocker" mod to the main speakers...and maybe the iPod interface since I do have the factory Nav radio. Everything else (like performance mods) I need to exercise strong will power! So don't tempt me (too much)!

Also, thanks for the invites to the spring event at the Dragon. Normally I would doubt that would be doable for me and my busy schedule/life...especially coming from Colorado. But...just as fate would have it...yesterday I found out that I am heading back the Fort Rucker, AL in April for another school! Now Alabama to Dels Gap seems a lot more reasonable! So if everything goes well...I will see you all at the event with my little 'ole (boring) 99% original Black SRT6 coupe!

BTW, since I don't see any place in the profile page to include my name...let me introduce myself. Hi, my name is Steve...and I am a Crossfire addict!

Old 12-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd like to say we are here for your support...and addiction.. But it's more like we are the drug cartel here. We'll recomend the latest and bestest for that next high.. offer you old tricks to passify.. and even help you score what you are jonesing for!
Yep..we a bad bunch.. So welcome to the dark side of ownership!

Old 12-07-2011, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by MAXIMUM
BTW, since I don't see any place in the profile page to include my name...let me introduce myself. Hi, my name is Steve...and I am a Crossfire addict!
The local "pusher" on here is Rob, from Needswings. He will have your "fix" once we have your full addiction complete... We are the Crossfire Cartel...lol Sounds like you are still in the "service"...look forward to meeting you....you will be among a host of veterans....

Old 12-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome from the Bluegrass State , Thank you for all that you have done for USA and are Freedom , This bunch of Crossfire Nuts are the best group that you will find , Come and join us at one of are Dragon Meets somtime,we have a great time , injoy the new ride !!!