Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

AMG Speed Shift conversion for SRT-6

Old 08-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: AMG Speed Shift conversion for SRT-6

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i think he is jimmy but the tcu flash will also work with just the shifter so in theory either the wireless or a hard wired set of paddles should also work
Ok, I got ya.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
I don't know if I like that.. I like wires lol
I like wires too! That is exactly why I created the oem style solution that runs all of the switches (horn and both paddles) on the horn wire and then decodes them (after passing through the clockspring).

near plug-n-play kits will be available soon (couple of weeks) . Plan is to sell the kit for less than $150. I'll supply instructions, you supply your own paddles (amg paddles #1712670046 are available from parts.com for $99 for the pair)

don't mean to hijack the thread ... but I read the "best solution" label attached to an old solution at the beginning of this thread and it just seemed like it was worth mentioning a newer (and more affordable) solution

Chris

Last edited by latemodel21; 08-26-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who could pass this up. Put me in please.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:22 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

not interested in paddles...am interested in shifting response.....

Old 08-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this is a electronic tune to the transmission, how will the mod be delivered? Will this work with modified transmission soleniods installed? Cost depending, very interested.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Forum Regular

I am also very interested in this as well. I want to see a price including international shipping. Has anyone asked or checked to see if Eurocharged can do this tuning work yet? Just a bit Leary of shipping a Vin encoded THU across the pond.

Nearly instant shifting would be the bees knees though

Old 08-27-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by BLACKSRT-6
If this is a electronic tune to the transmission, how will the mod be delivered? Will this work with modified transmission soleniods installed? Cost depending, very interested.
Yes, the newer AMG gearboxes have the "BlueTops" installed.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully i answer all your questions. If i have forgotten someone, please let me know.

At the moment it doesn't work with a SLK32, because the software was written for the SLK 32 AMG. But the company is trying to find a solution, so we can do the mod also for an Crossfire N/A AT with 218 hp.

AMG Speed shift is an adaption of the SLK 32 AMG speed shift software for the SRT-6. So to say the Eprom of the gearbox control unit gets a software update.

The solution form Emaxx with the Raid and the paddles is not wireless. It's done with an additional Siemens Logo! logic module. This is "the top of the art" solution. There are much cheaper ways to add paddles to the original steering wheel. I think we can show a how to soon, if we have a software patch for the N/A, because i want to go this way. And as said before, you can also use it with yout Autostick and no other mods.

I think pricing is an important topic. I'll try to get a USD price for the SRT-6 solution next week. I think shipping won't be too extensive, because the gearbox module is light and small. Maybe it would be useful if you guys can organize a collective order from the U.S.

It's important that you haven't done any changes to the gearbox, diff ratio, or ABS sensors. Else there's no guaratee that the AMG Speed Ship software will work on your car, because these parameters must be stock.

If there are any open questions, please ask.

List of people interested (Please add yourself, if your interested. Hopefully i didn't miss someone.):
1. 32krazy
2. Jason_HBC
3. BLACKSRT-6
4. oledoc2u
5. Bigkid
6. Sheldon
7. anthony955
8. Newzchspy

Regards
Markus

Last edited by bigblock427; 09-08-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Please add me to the list!

Old 08-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Forum Regular
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblock427
Hopefully i answer all your questions. If i have forgotten someone, please let me know.

At the moment it doesn't work with a SLK32, because the software was written for the SLK 32 AMG. But Evotech ist trying to find a solution, so we can do the mod also for an Crossfire N/A AT with 218 hp.

AMG Speed shift is an adaption of the SLK 32 AMG speed shift software for the SRT-6. So to say the Eprom of the gearbox control unit gets a software update.

The solution form Emaxx with the Raid and the paddles is not wireless. It's done with an additional Siemens Logo! logic module. This is "the top of the art" solution. There are much cheaper ways to add paddles to the original steering wheel. I think we can show a how to soon, if we have a software patch for the N/A, because i want to go this way. And as said before, you can also use it with yout Autostick and no other mods.

Regards
Markus
Hi Markus,

When I asked previously if this was applicable to the slk32, I suppose I should have been more clear; I meant to say SLK32 AMG. Based on your added info, am I correct in understanding that this is the amg speedshift software for slk32 amg (and c32amg) that has been adapted for the srt6 (and has been modified further by replacing "winter" with a fully manual mode)?

is there any reason that this could not be flashed over a slk32 amg tcu so that it could have the manual mode instead of winter?

additionally, I don't mean to pick at the emaxx raid solution. His wheel looks great and I'm sure his solution works well, but the only info I find on it (in the crossfire forum or anywhere else for that matter) is that it is wireless https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post553200 . I did see that he mentions in an earlier post that he is using seimens logo equip from ebay and it does seem to be working well for him. Perhaps I am not finding where he has converted his set-up FROM wireless since his paddles post in january of this year.

This conversion that you are offering is one of the coolest things to come along in a while. thanks for your part in making it available!

Chris

Old 08-27-2011, 11:20 AM

I would be interested in this upgraded software, Add me.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking Re: AMG Speed Shift conversion for SRT-6

Id be interested in knowing where the price point is going to be, let me know please. Woody

Old 08-27-2011, 01:36 PM

I have this complete setup on my C32, Jerry at Eurocharged will do it.
video:
AMG manual speedshift on the C32. - YouTube

Old 08-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Robert AMG
I have this complete setup on my C32, Jerry at Eurocharged will do it.
video:
AMG manual speedshift on the C32. - YouTube
Do share. How much did the tune cost, how long did it take, and any other information would be great!

Old 08-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why don't they advertise that then? Look at the responce to his thread! What a missed buisness opertunity!

Old 08-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Forum Regular

would like to know price ... if not 100% sure then atleast some idea

Old 08-28-2011, 04:56 AM

Excuse me while I have reported.
Marcus has already described it correctly, the control voltage is now encoded using a Siemens logo.
Over the two wires of the horn.

Emaxx

Old 08-28-2011, 08:50 AM
cjw
Forum Regular

I am intrested aswell, assuming it not overpriced, Any chance you guys will get the standard rear to work on an srt in the future?

Old 08-28-2011, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by cjw
I am intrested aswell, assuming it not overpriced, Any chance you guys will get the standard rear to work on an srt in the future?
Now there's a good question that quite a few SRT owners would like to see answered.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:01 PM

If you are compiling an interest list please put me on it as well...this is a mod most of us have really wanted for a long time...thanks for making it available.

Quick Reply: AMG Speed Shift conversion for SRT-6