Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Eurocharged SC Pulley results

Old 10-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Eurocharged SC Pulley results

Thanks Les. Doc had also suggested cleaning the gunk off the shaft. I did just get the pulley off. I just dont want to damage anything.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a pair of gloves and grab the pulley with both hands and work it back and forth until it pops off. no HAMMER! it is a very tight fit as it should be and if your off a bit it will hang. slo and easy is the key along with some emory paper on the s/c snout to smooth any debris off

Old 10-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

yep...try what I suggested..let me know in awhile...I will be around....once you have them on and off, it shouldn't be a problem. Yours has never been off...good luck...

Old 10-30-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
a pair of gloves and grab the pulley with both hands and work it back and forth until it pops off. no HAMMER! it is a very tight fit as it should be and if your off a bit it will hang. slo and easy is the key along with some emory paper on the s/c snout to smooth any debris off
10-4 I gave that to him in a PM... That way there is no PM here...lol...

Old 10-30-2011, 02:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

deleted repeat post

Old 10-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with it being so tight.You really need to go slow ,and straight or it will get stuck.The shaft on mine is rust colored. I wonder if we should be putting a little anti-seize grease on the shaft? I finally got it in place and it rubbed the s/c clutch.So I am waiting for the shims to complete the install.Let us know when you have it back together and if you needed shims or any other issues. Mostly I would like to know how it runs with the pulley in place.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:42 PM

The good is that I got it on. The bad news is that I think I need shims. I assume that there should be no metal rubbing sound when I spin it around when in place? If I pull the pulley out about 1 to 2 mm, no sound.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:45 PM

I take it no instructions were included...lol.... Do you own a set of "feeler guages"? If not, put one shim in there for now.

Last edited by oledoc2u; 10-30-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:01 PM

It appears that the metal plate on the pulley is not "level" or even (spring loaded). Not sure how else to explain it. Hence the metal rubbing noise. I'll need to check with Eurocharged folks on this.

Last edited by itsky; 10-30-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

My Code 3 has the same issue but works fine. Well, it's worn out after 2 years so maybe it's not so fine. Rattles like crazy now.

Les

Old 10-30-2011, 04:14 PM

Jerry replied to my email and said that this situation happened with their test vehicle and it should straighten itself out. I'll have to play with it next weekend. Thanks for everyone's suggestions today. I feel like a pro now after all that.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:45 PM

It sounds like we had the same tight fit.I was also looking at the back of the pulley its just a black metal plate Maybe 1/8" thick. The oem pulley has a metal washer set into the back of it that may provide the needed clearance. I wont be able to do much until I have the shims in hand.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by ModlessG
It sounds like we had the same tight fit.I was also looking at the back of the pulley its just a black metal plate Maybe 1/8" thick. The oem pulley has a metal washer set into the back of it that may provide the needed clearance. I wont be able to do much until I have the shims in hand.
Did we not get any shims with the pulley or were we suppose to order these separate from E/C?

Old 10-30-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by car24x7
Did we not get any shims with the pulley or were we suppose to order these separate from E/C?
You would need to order these separately. My OEM pulley came with one come to find out today. I think I will use that when I try my install again next weekend and I should be good to go.

On a side note, I bought a strap wrench which greatly made the removal of the OEM pulley easier.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by itsky
You would need to order these separately. My OEM pulley came with one come to find out today. I think I will use that when I try my install again next weekend and I should be good to go.

On a side note, I bought a strap wrench which greatly made the removal of the OEM pulley easier.

Thanks itsky, good to know for the install tomorrow.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys....as an FYI

The stock pulley has shims. (thats why the install pics show to tilt so they don't fall out!)

Please reuse the stock shims first!

When you first install it, it will tend to rub when rotated by hand, but as soon as you fire the motor up, everything balances itself out and no more rubbing!

Old 10-31-2011, 04:25 PM

That explains the gap in the back of the pulley going up to the bearing. So is the thick washer in the back of the stock pulley what you are calling a shim? remove it and put into the back of the new one? I guess better instructions on this would have been helpful.thanks

Old 11-03-2011, 08:53 PM

Does EC have shims in stock if anyone needs more?

Old 11-03-2011, 09:52 PM

I did the install earlier today. Getting the old one off wasn't too bad, the lip hit the oil cooler lines but there was just enough clearance to get it off. I screwed up and didn't prep the shaft by removing any rust/buildup so the new one was tough getting on. My solution was a terry cloth folded up and a little coercion from a 4lb sledge. It only requires very light taps around the ring, don't drive it on. Once it was halfway on I was able to slide it on by hand. I checked for clearance and everything moved the way it should, no rubbing or noises.

I'll also add that the tensioner is best adjusted with an E12 rather than the E10 or 11. It wont slip as the others may. The whole process took me less than 20 minutes. I'm going from stock everything to this and wont get the tune until Eurocharged is available to give it. The power isn't quite as much as I expected, but increased acceleration is certainly noticeable in the mid-range. This is probably because the supercharger doesn't kick in until 1800 (I think) so the pulley does nothing for take off.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Banned

I aslo installed mine tonight instalation was a brezeee thanks to anthony helping me out. When i took it out to test it all i could say was WOWWWWW low ended torque was amazing and mid range when i punched it in 1st gear goin about 35 all i got was fish tailling then goin into second gear traction control light was steel flashing at like 50. Over all im ver happy with product. After i install my needswings dual and mains with tune all i will be able to do is hold on

Quick Reply: Eurocharged SC Pulley results