Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

its ugly but getting there... twin-charged SRT-6!!!

Old 07-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: its ugly but getting there... twin-charged SRT-6!!!

Hellion Power Systems

I seen this TT setup on a triump when running a wally race in NM. It's very compact, and mounted on the back near the axle. Another fuel option may be the piggy back ecu system similiar to what MD was using. I think it was $4k alone, but served it's purpose. Good luck on you quest, it will be worth it. His car ran a 302 and was lighter than the six, but with just 5lbs of boost was letting off to not break out in the 11.5 class. Said his best was 10.15 all with 16" Mickey T's.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just don't understand why so many posters think so shallowly.
Would it have to be a "needs wings" being it's just two pieces of empty tubing dont you think this guy that is thinking so far out of the box and hand building his turbo/super charged car could actually fabricate his own dual exhaust. I can't be sure of it, but I dought he works in a mall or sits behind a desk. He doesn't have every shiny tool to impress his friends and the latest car lift so he needn't get dirty when he goes as far as changing his own oil.
As for the rear end...
32 if it does get between 500-600HP then maybe switch out the differential. But No it is not a weak rear end. And yes your right you have heard of 6 out of 2019 that have failed... This car was NEVER intended to go 1320 ft in a streight line. Hence the reason for the rear end it has.
The reason I appreciate a guy like Eric is he doesn't grap the most popular catalog and fill his car with all the crap everyone else is buying and for some reason personally promoting the company. He's a builder and the majority of this forum could learn alot from him.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Forum Regular

remounted the turbo yesterday to bring it higher

a pic of my tools/welder I am using and the ramp i made.. its helps soooooo much

Old 07-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Montana Crossfire
I just don't understand why so many posters think so shallowly.
Would it have to be a "needs wings" being it's just two pieces of empty tubing dont you think this guy that is thinking so far out of the box and hand building his turbo/super charged car could actually fabricate his own dual exhaust. I can't be sure of it, but I dought he works in a mall or sits behind a desk. He doesn't have every shiny tool to impress his friends and the latest car lift so he needn't get dirty when he goes as far as changing his own oil.
As for the rear end...
32 if it does get between 500-600HP then maybe switch out the differential. But No it is not a weak rear end. And yes your right you have heard of 6 out of 2019 that have failed... This car was NEVER intended to go 1320 ft in a streight line. Hence the reason for the rear end it has.
The reason I appreciate a guy like Eric is he doesn't grap the most popular catalog and fill his car with all the crap everyone else is buying and for some reason personally promoting the company. He's a builder and the majority of this forum could learn alot from him.

i guess we have to agree to disagree. the rear diff issue surfaced long before the first crossfire was ever built. documented from the early 2002 models of the slk32 first on the market. as for the 6 out of 2019 thats only the ones on here. how many 6 owners have failed diffs that arent on here? if it was a simple matter of swapping diffs do you think we would be trying to get a wavetrac? why not toss in a sl55 diff? or a c32, e55 or a c55 or a black series diff, sls diff? because they wont work!!!!
im sure your diff is bullet proof and you have no need for any stronger diffs so good luck and when (not if) your diff fails i will hope theres another run of wavetracs for you to buy. (not likley though!)

sorry to get ot eric i really like what your doing and wish you all the success!!

i guess the needswings dig was for me also as i suggested it. if you read through this thread you will see he said it was his FIRST car build. dont know many guys building cars in their garage with tubing benders. so i suggested the complete and proven system from them.

Last edited by 32krazy!; 07-11-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Forum Regular

I appreciate everyones input. Thanks for your help. Right now I am moving my air fuel ratio sensor after the turbo so that the pressure from the turbo wont mess with the readings.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Forum Regular

back on the ramp

Old 07-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Forum Regular

just did a lil run to make sure my afr gauge was working properly.. and now im a lil confused its showing im running 11 at wot .. isn't that very Rich? I thought i would be running more to the lean side. didnt have my boost gauge hooked up at the time but still weard

Old 07-15-2010, 07:55 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eric
just did a lil run to make sure my afr gauge was working properly.. and now im a lil confused its showing im running 11 at wot .. isn't that very Rich? I thought i would be running more to the lean side. didnt have my boost gauge hooked up at the time but still weard
Was the SC engaged?

Old 07-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Forum Regular

yep with the turbo at the same time

Old 07-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

well, it is another good read...that is for sure...hope it works out for you...I will just keep driving mine and having fun with them....getting too old for projects...lol....

Old 07-15-2010, 08:10 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

yep with the turbo at the same time
Next step would be to hook up the boost gauge - go out and run her at 100MPH in 4th and note the psi, afr, and rpm...

If all is good, hop on a dyno with an external O2 up the tail pipe...

Old 07-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Forum Regular

Does the car feel faster then before you installed the turbo? I bet it sounds great. The whine of the S/C mixed with the turbo's spool would be great!

Old 07-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is your AFR gauge lambda-calibrated correctly?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Forum Regular

I thought our cars were pretty keen on protecting themselves. I seem to remember when the big pulleys were starting to come out that the ECU was making changes to keep it in the safe zone. The later tunes trimmed the fat off by leaning it out and kicking up the timing a bit. I'll see if I can't dig up that post...

Old 07-16-2010, 05:49 PM

Glad to see you mounted it higher, that was wayy too low.

another thing, a t4 hotside, remote mounted on a 3.2 liter v6 is going to be incredibly laggy. the only time you should use a t4 hotside on a remote mount is when its a 5 liter or bigger motor.

you need to have two boost gauges at this point, one after the sc and one before the sc after the turbo. I bet the reason the afr's were still in the 11's is the turbo hadnt even crossed over the positive pressure threshold

Old 07-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Forum Regular

Found the article from BraveBrian. Had to dig into the archives

3rd paragraph

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/197555-post19.html

Old 07-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Infinite
Glad to see you mounted it higher, that was wayy too low.

another thing, a t4 hotside, remote mounted on a 3.2 liter v6 is going to be incredibly laggy. the only time you should use a t4 hotside on a remote mount is when its a 5 liter or bigger motor.

you need to have two boost gauges at this point, one after the sc and one before the sc after the turbo. I bet the reason the afr's were still in the 11's is the turbo hadnt even crossed over the positive pressure threshold

I was also thinking i might have a boost leak iv moved some stuff around to check this ill let yea know.. also the guys at sts turbo say there should not be any lag
Squires Turbo Systems - FAQ about Turbo, Turbocharger, Wastegate, Horsepower, Torque, Turbo Kit, Garrett, TiAL, BOV, Turbo Lag, Boost, Intercooler

but i have yet seen any large amount of boost so yea ill add another boost gauge before the supercharger when i get the cash

Old 07-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by msheredy
Found the article from BraveBrian. Had to dig into the archives

3rd paragraph

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/197555-post19.html
i agree and iv got the tune for a stacked pulley setup so my fuel shud be ok for now at least till i put in the fuel upgrades iv got

Old 07-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kolevski
Does the car feel faster then before you installed the turbo? I bet it sounds great. The whine of the S/C mixed with the turbo's spool would be great!
it sounds wonderful but not faster yet.. still need to knock out the kinks and get it tuned and so on

Old 07-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Next step would be to hook up the boost gauge - go out and run her at 100MPH in 4th and note the psi, afr, and rpm...

If all is good, hop on a dyno with an external O2 up the tail pipe...
will be doing that once i figure out this boost issue and get the fuel upgrades installed

Quick Reply: its ugly but getting there... twin-charged SRT-6!!!