Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

its ugly but getting there... twin-charged SRT-6!!!

Old 10-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: its ugly but getting there... twin-charged SRT-6!!!

is this better? and i got up to 155 this run also

155run.png

Old 10-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric
is this better? and i got up to 155 this run also

Attachment 19427
if im reading this correctly you managed a 13.3 afr which is great at wot (97% tps) with 30 psi boost!! rpm is still wacky reading 30k and 80% duty cycle for injectors? might be getting to the end of the injectors do you think? have you delimited?

btw nobody has better apple pie than me!!
if your running the zeitronix they have a website 13dog showed me and downloaded their program and now i can read and send all the files from my laptop

Last edited by 32krazy!; 10-11-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure what those crazy spikes are in your RPMs, but that is some serious boost my friend. I bet it feels like it just keeps getting stronger the longer you pull. I would love to see what kind of times you can turn in the 1/4.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

i just sent ya a few emails, long story short is that we are doing much much better!

the bottom line on the graph is the actual fuel pressure in psi, not injector duty cycle (which is the % of time the injector is open). as far as i know that is from a stock calibration in the pcm so it will be running the stock injector duty cycle, just more fuel being sprayed thru the injector due to the higher pressure

so the stock injectors are capable of flowing enough fuel thru rd gear withthe base pressure you have, if you plan on doing more 4th and 5th gear pulls we will turn up the pressure a bit

Old 10-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
if im reading this correctly you managed a 13.3 afr which is great at wot (97% tps) with 30 psi boost!! rpm is still wacky reading 30k and 80% duty cycle for injectors? might be getting to the end of the injectors do you think? have you delimited?

if your running the zeitronix they have a website 13dog showed me and downloaded their program and now i can read and send all the files from my laptop
im not sure whats going on with the rpm's.. thats not the duty cycle but the fuel pressure... im hopeing the injectors arnt pushing to to much if thay are ill just get biger ones

Old 10-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
i just sent ya a few emails, long story short is that we are doing much much better!

the bottom line on the graph is the actual fuel pressure in psi, not injector duty cycle (which is the % of time the injector is open). as far as i know that is from a stock calibration in the pcm so it will be running the stock injector duty cycle, just more fuel being sprayed thru the injector due to the higher pressure

so the stock injectors are capable of flowing enough fuel thru rd gear withthe base pressure you have, if you plan on doing more 4th and 5th gear pulls we will turn up the pressure a bit
okdoke .

Old 10-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Not sure what those crazy spikes are in your RPMs, but that is some serious boost my friend. I bet it feels like it just keeps getting stronger the longer you pull. I would love to see what kind of times you can turn in the 1/4.
will be doing that as soon as im for sure everythang is all good .. and yes it feels like the boost never ends.. just keeps pulling harder and harder

Old 10-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 32krazy!

yea im runing zeitronix.. and sending rob (needswings) the info so we can work on it togather

Old 10-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im not telling anyone how to drive thier car, but i'd be carful making extended runs at wot and in the 13's for afr.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daithi2
im not telling anyone how to drive thier car, but i'd be carful making extended runs at wot and in the 13's for afr.
what afr's would you like to see.. *just wondering* i apprecate all comments and suggestions

Last edited by Eric; 10-12-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:16 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dinasrt
I got the following from a post by tri_zombie. This is a srt6 he is talking about of course, and don't know if this helps you or not. It's more than what I would know how to do for sure. "2) Fuel injectors cleaned, balanced and calibrated and matched up (interestingly enough my flow rates were 17% off between all the injectors) flowing 20% more plus a better pattern. cost about 150.00 each send out at least 12 so they can get the best match then sell the others off on ebay or add them to the intake ports (just after the supercharger) as a secondary set and control them with a mini piggy back for additional fuel (MD SRT6).
3) additional (second) fuel pump running 5-bar pressure @ WOT Waldig gave me the idea."
sounds like the cost on all that would be alot... found Hi-Flow Fuel Injectors that TVT are selling.. might be more cost efficient

TVT Design, Crossfire/Mercedes/Genesis Performance Parts - SRT6/C32/SLK32
I'm not sure where the $150 came from, but it most definitely is NOT $150 apiece to flow balance injectors. He might have meant a total of $150 to clean and test all 12 if you wanted to do that (which defintely seems like a good idea).

Old 10-12-2010, 02:18 AM
Forum Regular

my afr sensors are right after the turbo also so prity close to the tailpipe opening and iv been told that it might show a lil leaner from the outside air that might be contaminateing the sensor.. but i dont know

Old 10-12-2010, 02:22 AM

what afr's would you like to see.. *just wondering* i apprecate all comments and suggestions
13's lean under boost, 12.2's safer, 11.9's happy, 11.4's getting too fat. I tune my turbo cars for the 11.8-12.2 range, and never go over 12.8.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:23 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by billvp
I'm not sure where the $150 came from, but it most definitely is NOT $150 apiece to flow balance injectors. He might have meant a total of $150 to clean and test all 12 if you wanted to do that (which defintely seems like a good idea).
yea that sounds a lil better lol.. 150 each is nuts

Old 10-12-2010, 02:24 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daithi2
13's lean under boost, 12.2's safer, 11.9's happy, 11.4's getting too fat. I tune my turbo cars for the 11.8-12.2 range, and never go over 12.8.
alright ill check into it..

Old 10-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What spark plugs and wires are you running?

Old 10-12-2010, 01:09 PM

yea that sounds a lil better lol.. 150 each is nuts
Yes it was around $150. EACH, just cleaning and testing is more like $25.00 each. Pricey… you decide!

If you look around you will see that having injectors Calibrated, Flow benched, injector spray patterns Strobe light tested and adjusted, oscilloscope analysis of how the injector reacts to driver signals over a wider range of pulse widths, usually from .5 milliseconds to continuous flow, testing injectors at pressures up to 125 psi. Also testing injectors at voltages between 7 and 14 volts (real world).
Having the injectors calibrated at the pulse width necessary for wide-open-throttle, maximum rpm operation and testing the injectors at a wide range of pulse widths and fuel pressures, $150. Is actually low to average price.

For me it’s assurance that I’m not going to run lean or worse dump fuel into a cylinder and trash a piston at 6700 rpms. (at least as far as the injectors go) Also the idle is so smooooth!!!

You can grab 6 injectors off the shelf and I doubt you will find two closer than 5%, Don’t believe me ask TVT for calibrated test sheets for each injector and see what they tell you. BTW I see TVT charges $599. for their injectors?

I have a set of 440cc “Green Giant” Bosch injectors I purchased for my VW 1.8t three years ago that were brand new (off the shelf) and after a few runs and reading the plugs found 1 running lean and 2 running rich, after sending them for blue printing they came back optimized with an increased the flow rate of 40% and exactly the same, I don’t remember how far off they were but for a 4 cylinder I remember it being allot.

But call me a chicken I don’t leave anything to chance and unless you can get AFR readings on each cylinder your really just guessing!

Old 10-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tri_zombie
Yes it was around $150. EACH, just cleaning and testing is more like $25.00 each. Pricey… you decide!

If you look around you will see that having injectors Calibrated, Flow benched, injector spray patterns Strobe light tested and adjusted, oscilloscope analysis of how the injector reacts to driver signals over a wider range of pulse widths, usually from .5 milliseconds to continuous flow, testing injectors at pressures up to 125 psi. Also testing injectors at voltages between 7 and 14 volts (real world).
Having the injectors calibrated at the pulse width necessary for wide-open-throttle, maximum rpm operation and testing the injectors at a wide range of pulse widths and fuel pressures, $150. Is actually low to average price.

For me it’s assurance that I’m not going to run lean or worse dump fuel into a cylinder and trash a piston at 6700 rpms. (at least as far as the injectors go) Also the idle is so smooooth!!!

You can grab 6 injectors off the shelf and I doubt you will find two closer than 5%, Don’t believe me ask TVT for calibrated test sheets for each injector and see what they tell you. BTW I see TVT charges $599. for their injectors?

I have a set of 440cc “Green Giant” Bosch injectors I purchased for my VW 1.8t three years ago that were brand new (off the shelf) and after a few runs and reading the plugs found 1 running lean and 2 running rich, after sending them for blue printing they came back optimized with an increased the flow rate of 40% and exactly the same, I don’t remember how far off they were but for a 4 cylinder I remember it being allot.

But call me a chicken I don’t leave anything to chance and unless you can get AFR readings on each cylinder your really just guessing!
were do you get this done and aside from the peace of mind did you realize any hp gains from this procedure? i have never heard of blueprinting injectors but then again i learn somnething new on here every day!

and finally how long does the balance last? would different brands of fuel affect the balance and builup of varnish in the injectors

Old 10-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT
What spark plugs and wires are you running?
stock wires but NGK Iridium plugs one step colder then stock, tapped to .30

Old 10-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tri_zombie

dude dont get me rong i think its worth the mony for all that . i thought you were saying just cleening and testing is 150 each. I wish i had the cash right now I would do what you did in a hart beat.

Quick Reply: its ugly but getting there... twin-charged SRT-6!!!