Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Eurocharged Dallas Tune Day 2/20/10

Old 02-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Eurocharged Dallas Tune Day 2/20/10

amazing facility...

glad to hear you pulled some better numbers.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What an awesome facility. Now thats the kind of place that would be a treat to spend the day with fellow car nuts. Congrats Scott.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:06 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by bmorgan
What an awesome facility. Now thats the kind of place that would be a treat to spend the day with fellow car nuts. Congrats Scott.
Thanks Bob! I did not get pictures of the driving simulator or the bathroom, the hand dryer was even amazing!

I was SHOCKED to see 329 from a Mustang Dyno from what I read, that translates to 365-375 on the Dynojet!

Old 02-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are awsome numbers BLKFIN, all you pretty much have is pully, intake and tune yeah?

if you did 11.9xxx with your original set up imagine what you'll do now.

from what I've heard LET is pretty much a Powerchip tune.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

WOW! I didn't know you guys were going to be at the new Dream Garage. I would have showed up to to see the place and be part of the fun. I had read about the Dream Garage in the DBJ when is was in concept, but didn't know it had opened. I bet you got to see some awesome cars. Sounds like it was a fun day!

Old 02-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
Thanks Bob! I did not get pictures of the driving simulator or the bathroom, the hand dryer was even amazing!

I was SHOCKED to see 329 from a Mustang Dyno from what I read, that translates to 365-375 on the Dynojet!
LOL.... Now, what would be really cool is if they had a driving simulator in the bathroom. I can just imaging sitting on the john and driving a simulator. That would be pure genius. haha!

Yes, if that is par with the typical Mustang dyno, then that is truly amazing numbers. Our Atlanta tune was on a DynoJet, and my base was 310.7, and my after was 337.3. Your baseline was not too far off from mine. Hmmmm..... Interesting.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Forum Regular

I agree with Scott as the facility was unbelievable. I was not able to see what mine would pull after the tune as we ran out of time. My base line was 313 so I would believe there was a nice increase as Scott and I have the same tune and my butt tells me so

Jerry and Tony do a great job!

Last edited by SRT-6 Steve; 02-21-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by kolevski
from what I've heard LET is pretty much a Powerchip tune.
not at all kolevski. two completely different companies. Eurocharged (formerly LET) does full custom ECU tuning, going into the ECU to tune. They do not do chip tuning like powerchip does.

Final result is similar (Eurocharged has beaten every powerchip tune to date) in that they both want to improve performance, but that is where the similarities stop...

Old 02-21-2010, 01:27 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
not at all kolevski. two completely different companies. Eurocharged (formerly LET) does full custom ECU tuning, going into the ECU to tune. They do not do chip tuning like powerchip does.

Final result is similar (Eurocharged has beaten every powerchip tune to date) in that they both want to improve performance, but that is where the similarities stop...
Hrmm interesting, awhile back I spoke to a guy called Wayne at PowerChip in Melbourne, Australia and he seemed to know all the guys from the states like Jerry from LET/Eurocharged, Brandon from Code3 so he was definatly swithed on.

He said something along the lines that Powerchip would sell LET there tunes at heavily discounted prices so in essence LET tunes were infact Powerchip tunes. I have no idea if this is true I'm just explaning what he told me.

But in terms of Powerchip "chipping" the ecu I dont think that happens anymore he said if I wanted to have mine tuned by them it's simply done by plugging in there device through my OBD II port no chips involved.

I prefer Eurocharged due to it being able to produce more power, if I'm going to do a tune it may aswell try and get the most out of my car. Which is why I'm trying to h ook up the remote tuning kit with Greg

Old 02-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Forum Regular

They do not just through the OBD II port as they have to open the case of the ECU. I don't think somone (the guy who told you that) knows what he is talking about.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:21 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Well Steve, that is not entirely accurate….some level of tuning can take place through the ODB II port.

As a testament to the remote tuning capabilities of Eurocharged, Nelson “ SRT6 Gang Member” put down a 332 dyno pull baseline and the guys could not get any more out of it even on the dyno. Nelson has worked very closely with the guys and with accurate data logs, impressive gains can be had with remote flashes.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Forum Regular

Well Steve, that is not entirely accurate….some level of tuning can take place through the ODB II port.

As a testament to the remote tuning capabilities of Eurocharged, Nelson “ SRT6 Gang Member” put down a 332 dyno pull baseline and the guys could not get any more out of it even on the dyno. Nelson has worked very closely with the guys and with accurate data logs, impressive gains can be had with remote flashes.
I guess what I meant to say is that it is limited with that port and that it is not just a quick and simple approach meaning that is all they do.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:52 PM

I had to read that a couple times to make sure I was reading it right.

Got it now. Eurocharged did remote tuning, it was really good, then when he custom tuned it they couldn't improve on it.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:12 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
I had to read that a couple times to make sure I was reading it right.

Got it now. Eurocharged did remote tuning, it was really good, then when he custom tuned it they couldn't improve on it.

That is correct

Old 02-22-2010, 08:37 AM
THREE 6S

Yes Sir, 332 was the highest dyno’d SRT6 that day .

My main reason for taking part in this dyno session was to correct my leaning issue, so I could continue mod’ing. I need to monitor a/f a little more but so far so good, 38 degree weather is not a problem !

It was nice meeting everyone, especially SRT-6 Steve and wife, Texas T, Ron and Tony the Tuner !

Old 02-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Forum Regular

Guys, I had a wounderful time in Dallas I must say Autoscope is one beautiful shop and I would suggest anyone to there facility, even if its just to look around its well worth it.

I had a pleasure meeting everyone at the event and I hope we can have a bigger turnout next time I come down.

Watchout for citylightVA he slays cankles at night for fun, LOL.

Good times guys!