Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

XRAY's new grille

Old 01-19-2010, 03:08 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: XRAY's new grille

Just order lowers and upper, But the price went up a little , sould have them by the end the week

Old 01-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdaniels4
yep, that's where I got mine a year ago. 400.00 for the uppers and lowers. I really do like it.
Do you think the quality is better than Old Mans? How do you like the billet vs the Mesh T-REX type grill. I think this billet grill lowers extend further than Old Mans.
I think you have to drill 3 holes. Is this a noticeable modification? Is it drilled in plastic? Is it a pain to drill? Thanks Ron

Old 01-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Darticus
Do you think the quality is better than Old Mans? How do you like the billet vs the Mesh T-REX type grill. I think this billet grill lowers extend further than Old Mans.
I think you have to drill 3 holes. Is this a noticeable modification? Is it drilled in plastic? Is it a pain to drill? Thanks Ron
the quality is very good Dart. I like it better than the mesh grille, looks more substantial to me, and I like the smoothness of the entire look. The upper gets mounted in the same spots as the OEM and spring tied to the frame wherever you can find a place. The lowers have two mounts on the sides that you just use a sheet metal screw and you don't even really see it.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:38 PM

Call them up and make sure they do not forget your springs for the upper grill. Also bust there chops to make sure they include a template for the lower grills. You will have to drill 2 small holes on each side of the divider in the lower portion of the bumper. If they cannot get you a template what I did was put a little grease on the end of the 2 mounting tabs. Lined the grill with the front edge of bumper and slid over till it made contact. I then drilled the holes. Do not try to slide the grills all the way back into the bummper they are 2 tall and even if you force them back the outside edges will stick out past the edge and loo like crap. Good luck if you have any questions just PM me with your number and I will call you.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Xray
Call them up and make sure they do not forget your springs for the upper grill. Also bust there chops to make sure they include a template for the lower grills. You will have to drill 2 small holes on each side of the divider in the lower portion of the bumper. If they cannot get you a template what I did was put a little grease on the end of the 2 mounting tabs. Lined the grill with the front edge of bumper and slid over till it made contact. I then drilled the holes. Do not try to slide the grills all the way back into the bummper they are 2 tall and even if you force them back the outside edges will stick out past the edge and loo like crap. Good luck if you have any questions just PM me with your number and I will call you.
X
Do you have a copy of the directions you can email? ron222@embarqmail.com Don't like to drill holes that will be visible later if removed. Ron

Old 01-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Forum Regular

Sent

It's not the same one as old man is pusing.
I'm still trying to get a set of directions for his.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:50 AM

I never got any directions I looked at the pictures they sent me and did it that way. I put a spot of grease on the ends of the mounting post on the bottom grills lined it up and slid it over till it touched. I made sure that it was flush with front of bumper. I then drilled 2 small holes and used progressively bigger bits till it fit. I did not mind drilling the holes because I do not intend to sell the car for a lonfg time and if I do I will leave the new grills on. I figure they might help it sell. PM me and I will give you my phone number so you can call if you have any questions.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Forum Regular

I never got any directions I looked at the pictures they sent me and did it that way. I put a spot of grease on the ends of the mounting post on the bottom grills lined it up and slid it over till it touched. I made sure that it was flush with front of bumper. I then drilled 2 small holes and used progressively bigger bits till it fit. I did not mind drilling the holes because I do not intend to sell the car for a lonfg time and if I do I will leave the new grills on. I figure they might help it sell. PM me and I will give you my phone number so you can call if you have any questions.
Great you got back. Do you think your grill has better lines than that old mans grill. I think you have two holes to drill on the horn support for mounting the top grill and two holes for each of the bottom grills. Do the bottoms grills need big holes? Ron

Old 01-29-2010, 10:47 AM

No the holes are smaller than a pencil. I like the look ogf mine better than oldmans plus my extreme filters now fit even with woody's supercooler.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Forum Regular

No the holes are smaller than a pencil. I like the look ogf mine better than oldmans plus my extreme filters now fit even with woody's supercooler.
Cool!
What are extreme filters and a woody's supercooler? Can I use these? Just Learning what I can do! ron222@embarqmail.com Thanks Ron

Old 01-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Cool!
What are extreme filters and a woody's supercooler? Can I use these? Just Learning what I can do! ron222@embarqmail.com Thanks Ron
Darticus, he is talking about the filters on the end of his dual needs wings CAI, and the supercooler is a cooler to seperate the cooling for the engine and the super charger.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:03 PM

Darticus go to www.needswings.com and you will see alot of the stuff you can do to you car. Rob at Needswings is very cool and will be very helpful. If you have any questions PM me and I will give you my number.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Forum Regular

Darticus go to www.needswings.com and you will see alot of the stuff you can do to you car. Rob at Needswings is very cool and will be very helpful. If you have any questions PM me and I will give you my number.
Thanks for the info will do. Ron

Old 01-30-2010, 03:13 PM

Ok !! just put on the new grilles, and they are DAM HOT !!!!!!!!! It took about hour to put on , still not crazy about the spring thing ,so may come up with somthing better, the bottom , i used some blue tap around the nose and lined up with bumper line , then took black marker and painted the ends and press on the tap then drill holes ,same idea has above thread , Thanks! that help out alot ! will post pic soon as the weather warm up , had snow last night , Really sucks !!!

Old 01-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Forum Regular

Glad they're working out.

A little tip for folks trying to line up a part to where you want a hole to go:
1) Put tape on the part where the hole is to be drilled (keeps the area clean and helps prevent the part from sliding around in Step #3)
2) Put some modeling clay (the clay used in cleaning the paint works great) "about" where you think the part will line up for the hole
3) Line up the part you want to attach and carefully push the part against the clay and then pull away--you'll leave a mark where you want the hole
4) Use a drill punch to mark the center of where you're going to drill
5) Drill the hole
6) Voila you're done

Old 01-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Osofast2
Ok !! just put on the new grilles, and they are DAM HOT !!!!!!!!! It took about hour to put on , still not crazy about the spring thing ,so may come up with somthing better, the bottom , i used some blue tap around the nose and lined up with bumper line , then took black marker and painted the ends and press on the tap then drill holes ,same idea has above thread , Thanks! that help out alot ! will post pic soon as the weather warm up , had snow last night , Really sucks !!!
Now cut it out! I need pics! How cool are they? Oh man! Waiting for pics. I need total price and how long to get once ordered? Too bad you can't get some close up install pics. Ron

Last edited by Darticus; 01-30-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Now cut it out! I need pics! How cool are they? Oh man! Waiting for pics. I need total price and how long to get once ordered? Too bad you can't get some close up install pics. Ron
Can't blame me for the snow this time Ray, can't wait to see the new grille's.....I am passing for HP mods for now...I can do a grille later...

Old 01-30-2010, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Can't blame me for the snow this time Ray, can't wait to see the new grille's.....I am passing for HP mods for now...I can do a grille later...
What Up DOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just had to say that!!!!!HA!!!!! Total price and ship were about 550.00 ,With old Doc help i got 100.00 off Ha !

Old 01-30-2010, 09:32 PM

I am glad you like them I agree I think they look hot. I got some video of my car at the track last night and it looks great under the lights. As soon as I get a chance to load the video to photo bucket I will post it. I debadged the back end Fri I really like the look and now people are really have no clue what kind of car it is. Super Sleeper