Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Selling my SRT6...modded or stock?

Old 10-05-2009 | 05:04 PM
Default Re: Selling my SRT6..modded or stock?

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I would leave some of the aesthetic bits to 'make it stand out' as you said, but the performance goodies will give someone the wrong idea, mechanically - take it stock.
very well put. exactly what I was thinking. While I would love to have you give me your DPE wheels, 1) I can't afford the $3,000 +rubber that they are worth and 2) they really make the car stand out

leave the aestechics there (except the gauges haha) and mperformance wise i would make it stock...if you can.

good luck with everything...definitely let us know what you replace her with, and just because you sell the SRT doesn't mean you aren't welcome here.

Old 10-05-2009 | 05:09 PM

that thing is SICK!!!

Old 10-05-2009 | 05:28 PM

You outta just hang onto the mods and sell the car. You'll be bored again in about 6 months and have another SRT-6.

Old 10-05-2009 | 08:53 PM

Sent you a pm thanx

Old 10-05-2009 | 10:18 PM
|
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
try the 135i...its bigger than the crossfire, but still a coupe (w/ a backseat)...maybe a nice transition out of the crossfire... and capable of a lot of HP. I think Jerry's (from Eurocharged/LET) has his 135i at right about 380rwhp on stock turbos.
That is on the list....Do you know if Jerry's is an auto or manual? Don't give up on the DPEs...I got one hell of a deal on them and will sell them for alot less than retail with the tires included!

Old 10-05-2009 | 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
That is on the list....Do you know if Jerry's is an auto or manual? Don't give up on the DPEs...I got one hell of a deal on them and will sell them for alot less than retail with the tires included!

Don't forget to test drive a C63 if you're considering a IS-F.

Old 10-05-2009 | 10:24 PM
Default Re: Selling my SRT6...modded or stock?

Woops! I'm probably blind did u already post a list of the parts u might be selling?

Old 10-05-2009 | 10:27 PM
|
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by Raz83
Woops! I'm probably blind did u already post a list of the parts u might be selling?
Not yet...need to drive a few more cars before I sell all the parts off mine.

Old 10-05-2009 | 11:20 PM

U leaning toward a sadan or coupe?
I drove the is-f and it is sweet!
But also loved the cadillac cts-v
I didn't try out the g8 gt yet but I hear that's pretty quick
those are a couple of quick sedans.
A buddy at my work just baught a roush mustang 427r and it is freakin fast can't keep up with it but I can't see paying too much for a ford.
Me myself I have an eye on a new camaro ss.

Old 10-05-2009 | 11:49 PM

U leaning toward a sadan or coupe?
I drove the is-f and it is sweet!
But also loved the cadillac cts-v
I didn't try out the g8 gt yet but I hear that's pretty quick
those are a couple of quick sedans.
A buddy at my work just baught a roush mustang 427r and it is freakin fast can't keep up with it but I can't see paying too much for a ford.
Wasn't impressed with the G8 GT, drove it for a month, the G8 GXP might be better but meh have fun with that since Pontiac is done. Doesn't hold a candle to an stock SRT6 let alone a modified one. The new CTS-V is dirty....its ridiculously fast, 528hp stock I think. For me, the IS-F loses out to the C63, CTS-V, and the 135/335/M3.

If I was gonna go BMW I would go 335 over M3. Too easy to upgrade the 335 way past the M3...

Old 10-05-2009 | 11:54 PM

If I was gonna go BMW I would go 335 over M3. Too easy to upgrade the 335 way past the M3...

Very true..............I drove both the auto and stick E92 M3's and was more depressed than impressed with their power.

Old 10-06-2009 | 12:01 AM

blkfin,

I'm sure I'm not the only one here thinking this. Can you let us know when you find a car that has better performance for the price. I'm not talking about brand new $48K, but today's $15K-$20K price. I want to know what cars I would like to beat in a race. Are you looking at pre-owned v. new? I'd like to know what you are seeing out there that compares - seriously.

Thanks.

Old 10-06-2009 | 12:02 AM

Yes you are both right m3 is way too expensive for what you get and even way more expensive to mod but have u test drove the m6? My neighbors got one but never drove one

Old 10-06-2009 | 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by XFsrt6
blkfin,

I'm sure I'm not the only one here thinking this. Can you let us know when you find a car that has better performance for the price. I'm not talking about brand new $48K, but today's $15K-$20K price. I want to know what cars I would like to beat in a race. Are you looking at pre-owned v. new? I'd like to know what you are seeing out there that compares - seriously.

Thanks.
I don't think blkfin is concerned with staying in the 15 to 20k range if he is looking at the likes of the 528 and IS-F. He said that he has had his fun with the XF over the last 4.5 years and is ready to move on. I do not think that it implies that he is trying to find a replacement that compares with with the XF. That would probably negate the point of moving on to something different. Not trying to speak for him, just my interpretation.

Old 10-06-2009 | 12:40 AM
Forum Regular

try the 135i...its bigger than the crossfire, but still a coupe (w/ a backseat)...maybe a nice transition out of the crossfire... and capable of a lot of HP. I think Jerry's (from Eurocharged/LET) has his 135i at right about 380rwhp on stock turbos.
maybe an sls amg, or a gt-r might dissuede me from a 135i. of course, i'd only let go one of my 6's. where i live, i have the only 2 srt-6 coupes. another person owns a graphite metallic 6 roadster.

Old 10-06-2009 | 12:53 AM
xfd

I'm both sad and excited, I know you'll take as much time as you need and find something that gives you the same feeling you had when you bought the SRT6 4 years ago. The day you sell it though, will be a loss for this community no doubt. Nonetheless I know you'll be an enthusiastic contributor wherever you go. Keep us posted!

Old 10-06-2009 | 10:04 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
You guys will be the first to know when these parts get pulled off. I drove a BMW M5 today at lunch….nothing quite like that V10 and SMG transmission. It felt so strange, almost disconnected. I am going to drive the Lexus ISF after work…..we will see how it goes.
Bah....save some money and go with the BMW 135i. That's a bad little car and can be faster than the ISF for less $$$. Or in a similar price range you can pick up a lightly used late-model Z06. That's my plan in the next few years.

Old 10-06-2009 | 10:08 AM
Forum Regular

Ditto, although a recent article in the rags they reviewed a Vortech supercharged SS and it was pulling a 12.1 in the quarter. Hmmmm- 40k + 5k sc kit just to get the same times I'm getting in my SRT6 for under 24k. Nahhhh.....

PS I'm sure it traps way higher though!

Old 10-06-2009 | 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by cross><hair
Bah....save some money and go with the BMW 135i. That's a bad little car and can be faster than the ISF for less $$$. Or in a similar price range you can pick up a lightly used late-model Z06. That's my plan in the next few years.
Dibs on your dual CAI setup!

Am I first??

Old 10-06-2009 | 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by musicnsurf
maybe an sls amg, or a gt-r might dissuede me from a 135i. of course, i'd only let go one of my 6's. where i live, i have the only 2 srt-6 coupes. another person owns a graphite metallic 6 roadster.
if all three of those were offered to me at the same price, then yes i would pick up an SLS Gullwing over a 135i. The SLS Gullwing and the GT-R are 'supercars' where the 135i is not...definitely not apples to apples.

However, I did see the new SLS Gullwing last week (my company flew it in to the states) and it is AMAZING.

Quick Reply: Selling my SRT6...modded or stock?