Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Turbo Crossfire on the Dyno crushes 400 hp

Old 07-23-2009, 11:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Turbo Crossfire on the Dyno crushes 400hp

Originally Posted by xfireinva
as long as you dont expect me to pay for anything
wouldn't that be nice... not gonna happen. hahahaha

Old 07-24-2009, 03:08 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Turbo Crossfire on the Dyno crushes 400 hp

This thread is about Turbo's not cams make a cam thread .

Old 07-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhem
This thread is about Turbo's not cams make a cam thread .
Turbo performance, especially on the low end spool ups, can be improved with modified cams. Posting such info in relation to a Turbo project is appropriate.
Otherwise, we are only working with a lot of hot air.

roadster with a stick

Old 07-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Talking Re: Turbo Crossfire on the Dyno crushes 400 hp

Hey whats up with that sts setup and the ecu? I left u a comment on utube and u gave me the bottle neck response. Thats the same setup i wanted to see done srt6 with sts turbo style setup. Of coarse u would have to keep the psi low on the turbos to not create a bottle neck. Also the same compressor question and i dont want to do a bi-throttle setup, like u said im just getting groceries. ;p KEEP ME POSTED if it works out!

Last edited by cubanbee; 07-27-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Forum Regular

anything new with this?

Old 09-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nothing new yet.....about 5k miles on the kit now and everything is going well. Our track day got rained out on Saturday.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT
Nothing new yet.....about 5k miles on the kit now and everything is going well. Our track day got rained out on Saturday.
I'm curious, have you logged your AITs? I was wondering what they compared to with a pullied blower car with the factory intercooler.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by msheredy
I'm curious, have you logged your AITs? I was wondering what they compared to with a pullied blower car with the factory intercooler.
There lies the problem..... With where the turbo is mounted, It draws in hot engine bay air. While cruising, I see about 5-10deg over ambient. When at WOT, I will see 125-135deg at first but pulls back down when out of the throttle. I really need a way to pull cooler air into the turbo. I wish I knew someone who could fo custom carbon fiber or fiberglass.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

last time I saw you, you were about to burn a hole in it...lol

Old 09-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There lies the problem..... With where the turbo is mounted, It draws in hot engine bay air. While cruising, I see about 5-10deg over ambient. When at WOT, I will see 125-135deg at first but pulls back down when out of the throttle. I really need a way to pull cooler air into the turbo. I wish I knew someone who could fo custom carbon fiber or fiberglass.
You ever think about nitrous to help you with the low end and keeping the air charge cooler at WOT? Or maybe even alcohol injection to cool it?

You could try using this with a small dry nitrous shot.
ZEX? - Sorry...

Old 09-24-2009, 11:51 PM

That would be a decent idea...I think Bryan was contemplating it at one point...

A nice 50shot would get you out of the hole quite nicely...

Then again...I am curious as to what Bryan will run with the new torque converter as to whether he can build boost off the line now...

Old 09-25-2009, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by BlUEMDsrt6
You ever think about nitrous to help you with the low end and keeping the air charge cooler at WOT? Or maybe even alcohol injection to cool it?

You could try using this with a small dry nitrous shot.
ZEX? - Sorry...
Yeah I have.... but a good intake will help sooooooooo much and wont have to worry about refilling a tank or bottle. I have an air to liquid I/C and my supercooler still which I may try with a ice tank in the trunk but that may be a winter project if the car doesnt sell before then.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Forum Regular

Yeah I have.... but a good intake will help sooooooooo much and wont have to worry about refilling a tank or bottle. I have an air to liquid I/C and my supercooler still which I may try with a ice tank in the trunk but that may be a winter project if the car doesnt sell before then.
Okay man I want to hear about some kill stories with your car. Someone mentioned that you were playin around with a Viper... I want to hear about it. Plus I'm sure you've got some more stories to tell. I guess I'm surprised that I'm having to ask

Old 10-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

advanced carbon composites in orlando fl. uses c/f and kevlar to make motorcycle helmets. they can also make just about anything you want. carbonfiberhelmets.com

Old 12-08-2009, 05:42 AM

cant wait to find out quarter mile times. i havent been on the forum in a while. good to see someone finally doing something productive!!!!!! now hopefully us N/A guys will have a kit for some kind of Forced induction lol . one can only pray! im not modding jack on mine until theres a kit for this car. if that day never comes....o well ill just have fun with my future project in a couple years. figure this can be my relaxing and luxury car while my future project will be my drag queen. but anyways GOOD LUCK and HOPE TO HEAR MORE!

Old 12-08-2009, 08:23 AM

The car is in storage for the winter..... Next spring it will be coming out with a few new additions and changes. My big problem is not being able to get cold air to the turbo. A friend of mine has a modded Viper Gts and we were driving in 'Mexico' and did a pull from 40 - 140mph and I had 2 cars on him until my intake temps shot up to 160deg and pulled a lot of timing. I either need to relocated my throttle body placement (which is a airflow nightmare anyhow) or cut a hole in my hood.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:27 AM

i dont know what type of heat exchanger your using, air-air or air-water. Depending on the duty type your using the car for (DD, Toy) you might think of swapping to a Air-water with a deticated resivoir in the trunk. My truck has a 8gallon resivoir and with ice water at 30-40* my IAT only go up to 70-80* by the end of a run. After a pass my water temp is around 50* and all the ice is metlted. when i go play on the street i usually need to drain and fill every hour and half the water temp can be around 90-110* depending on how hard and long i stay in it.

Granted you may not need a tank so big or replace the water so often on the street, im pushing alot of air with a 66mm over a 94mm turbos and 80psi.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by daithi2
i dont know what type of heat exchanger your using, air-air or air-water. Depending on the duty type your using the car for (DD, Toy) you might think of swapping to a Air-water with a deticated resivoir in the trunk. My truck has a 8gallon resivoir and with ice water at 30-40* my IAT only go up to 70-80* by the end of a run. After a pass my water temp is around 50* and all the ice is metlted. when i go play on the street i usually need to drain and fill every hour and half the water temp can be around 90-110* depending on how hard and long i stay in it.

Granted you may not need a tank so big or replace the water so often on the street, im pushing alot of air with a 66mm over a 94mm turbos and 80psi.
on what car?

Bryan,
Did you get your DSM up an running?

Old 12-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The car is in storage for the winter..... Next spring it will be coming out with a few new additions and changes. My big problem is not being able to get cold air to the turbo. A friend of mine has a modded Viper Gts and we were driving in 'Mexico' and did a pull from 40 - 140mph and I had 2 cars on him until my intake temps shot up to 160deg and pulled a lot of timing. I either need to relocated my throttle body placement (which is a airflow nightmare anyhow) or cut a hole in my hood.
A nice functional hood scoop would look nice.

You may want to look into adding meth injection too. Higher octane and lower temps for $300 or less.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
on what car?

no car, just an old beat up Dodge Truck.

Quick Reply: Turbo Crossfire on the Dyno crushes 400 hp