Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Supercharger Upgrade

Old 05-05-2009, 01:30 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Supercharger Upgrade

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Thanks for the pics MD.

Looks like the silencing slots were left alone, as well as the inlet edges of the s/c. Have you installed the parts yet? Im not sure those moddified manifolds will clear the fuel rail.

And i dont see any throttle body in the pics.
Shelton,
I think he is talking about the inside of the line pipe where the TB mounts. It looks like they did a little work on the left and right sides. They didnt take out the BIG hump from the line pipe like BDJ did.

MikeR

Old 05-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeR
Shelton,
I think he is talking about the inside of the line pipe where the TB mounts. It looks like they did a little work on the left and right sides. They didnt take out the BIG hump from the line pipe like BDJ did.

MikeR
The big hump is used to redirect the air, when the rotors are spinning there is a small amount of back pressue that gets pushed towards the TB. That ridge splits the air and helps to allow it to be redirected back into the supercharger, it helps prevent any pulsing or shock wave turbulance. I know on Evosport 80mm TB kits that the piece in the housing is removed.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amgstyle
hey guys i was wondering if you can show me on the pics of the sc where this silencing slot is?? and wat it does? thanks
What i refer to as "silencing slots" might not be the exact right terminology but i cant think of a better word for it. Look at the triangular shaped outlet of the s/c and notice the 2 slots which are at an angle to each other. Thats them. When i spoke with Endyn they suggested filling these in as they are just there to emiminate sound. In other words the s/c will be louder without them. But considering you would have to remove the rotors to properly weld in the slots then port it back smooth it might not be realistic for most.

Hey MD, did your manifolds end up fitting ok?

Old 05-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by velociabstract
I've read a dozen times, at least, that the supercharger is the obstacle to more power. I'm thrilled to see someone putting that to the test. Now it should be clear one way or the other. Way to go for it MD!

Les
Naw, it's definitely the intercooler. We should be making stupid HP numbers with 18-22#s of boost. I also feel that our whole intake system is far from ideal for making big numbers. there are just to many twists and turns which is slowing the velocity of the air.

MIDO over at MBWorld has the right idea.

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c32-am...-800hp-13.html

Old 05-05-2009, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by msheredy
Naw, it's definitely the intercooler. We should be making stupid HP numbers with 18-22#s of boost. I also feel that our whole intake system is far from ideal for making big numbers. there are just to many twists and turns which is slowing the velocity of the air.

MIDO over at MBWorld has the right idea.

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c32-am...-800hp-13.html
Guy definitely has some cash and some nice pieces in the works. But im not sure hes gonna make that kind of power w/o turbo or nitrous. Suprised he decided to go with an air to air fmic.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Forum Regular

Guy definitely has some cash and some nice pieces in the works. But im not sure hes gonna make that kind of power w/o turbo or nitrous. Suprised he decided to go with an air to air fmic.
Yea he sure does. Before the build he had just about every piece that Kleeman offered down the the camshafts! I was disappointed that he stuck with the supercharger route but hey it's his car.

Did you check out the composite intake runners with dual injector bosses? I wonder if he is going with duel fuel systems as well? Sort of like Nelson Racing's octane on demand.

Nope–check that last sentence, it is 1 common fuel rail.

I'm curious how the FMIC is going to work as well. Once it's all done I'll ask him to let us know his AIT temps vs ambient.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Forum Regular

What i refer to as "silencing slots" might not be the exact right terminology but i cant think of a better word for it. Look at the triangular shaped outlet of the s/c and notice the 2 slots which are at an angle to each other. Thats them. When i spoke with Endyn they suggested filling these in as they are just there to emiminate sound. In other words the s/c will be louder without them. But considering you would have to remove the rotors to properly weld in the slots then port it back smooth it might not be realistic for most.

Hey MD, did your manifolds end up fitting ok?
I don't know yet I have been too busy working on everbody else's stuff, I haven't had a chance to work on my own. Hopefully this week though. I know they will be close, if they don't fit, I'll use my old ones. As far as closing up the silencers, I'm not sure anything other than noise is there with that option. Throttle body, I said back a couple of posts that they did not modify that, only the rear housing. And they did modify the supercharger to intercooler opening, check the pic's again.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ammoman
Just thinking outloud here and please do correct me if i am wrong. Our supercharger are posive displacement so the air flow is fixed based on supercherger rpm and displacemnt. I can see a defective or worn out supercharger increasing cfm when rebuild or clearances tightened up.I don't know what the oem specs are but i am sure it's very small gaps maybe.0005" to .001" so not much air can leak by.You also have to keep in mind that the centripical forces increase as rpms increase so the rotor grows and tightens that way also. I expect that you may see some improvment over 20 psi vs stock. As far as ported heads and other clean up i expect that is where most of your new power will come from. a rebuilt super charger, ported heads and other stuff reworked for 3200.00 not to bad as far as cost. however $3200.00 could have bought a nice turbo or a eaton 1900 tvs.
Let me know where I can buy a complete turbo system for $3200, ready to fit our cars and I'll try it!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MikeR
Shelton,

MikeR
Correct, that hump is a necessary piece of engineering and I was advised not to remove it...

Old 05-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Forum Regular

Finally, I got the car all back together. It feels good, much faster based on the butt dyno. I do have some cheap a** street tires on right now, so they break loose pretty easy, up to 50mph or so. I hope to get to a dyno in the next two weeks, I will use the same dyno/dyno operater as before so I get a true measure of what was accomplished, if anything .

Old 05-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
Finally, I got the car all back together. It feels good, much faster based on the butt dyno. I do have some cheap a** street tires on right now, so they break loose pretty easy, up to 50mph or so. I hope to get to a dyno in the next two weeks, I will use the same dyno/dyno operater as before so I get a true measure of what was accomplished, if anything .
I like the "much faster based on the butt dyno"

Old 05-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

My butt dyno has seen better days. It's lost all sensitivity or needs recalibration. Lately I use the blurry vision metric. You have to know were all wishing you a huge success for your efforts. Besides, it's easier to be a follower than a leader. But I only follow the best. Be the best!

Les

Old 05-16-2009, 03:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by velociabstract
My butt dyno has seen better days. It's lost all sensitivity or needs recalibration. Lately I use the blurry vision metric. You have to know were all wishing you a huge success for your efforts. Besides, it's easier to be a follower than a leader. But I only follow the best. Be the best!

Les
That's funny. Recalibrate...LOL. The blurry vision metric is not something I have experienced with the six, but did in a twin turbo zo6 going into 3rd gear. Shifting on a roll in 2nd into 3rd it was pulling so hard my vision was toast. The heads up display came on and I was at 95mph. Way to much power for the street.

MD has a pretty accurate butt dyno but depending how long he has been without the car it might need a little calibration too. LOL.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:33 PM

Good to hear MD! Looking forward to dyno numbers. Did the moddified manifolds fit ok?

Old 05-18-2009, 03:46 PM

hey which dyno shop do you use? I might be interested in getting one in the near future.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

So we should hear something by the 29th. I've marked it on my calendar.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:08 PM
Forum Regular

Good to hear MD! Looking forward to dyno numbers. Did the moddified manifolds fit ok?

No the drivers side rubbed the fuel rail, i had to heat it and bend it in some to make it fit. I didn't like the unequal openings so I am reinstalling the needswings mani's. I'm hoping to get on a dyno this week ( I'm going to call for an appt. tommorow, closest dyno an hour away ), and hitting the track on Sunday.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RL-2005
hey which dyno shop do you use? I might be interested in getting one in the near future.
I use ELD Performance in Mitchellville, near BWI airport. Let me know and maybe we can get a twofer ?

Old 05-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
That's funny. Recalibrate...LOL. The blurry vision metric is not something I have experienced with the six, but did in a twin turbo zo6 going into 3rd gear. Shifting on a roll in 2nd into 3rd it was pulling so hard my vision was toast. The heads up display came on and I was at 95mph. Way to much power for the street.

MD has a pretty accurate butt dyno but depending how long he has been without the car it might need a little calibration too. LOL.
Your right it's was down for about two months it seems. But worth the wait I hope ! I'll find out this week one way or the other, it might have even slowed down. I have heard that from some folks who have done port and polish work. I hope like heck that isn't the case !!! Or I will be

Old 05-26-2009, 01:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You haven't been wrong yet, she's going to fly and the butt dyno might get a wedgie.....

Quick Reply: Supercharger Upgrade