Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Supercharger Upgrade

Old 04-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: Supercharger Upgrade

now thats funny Tom...you should be doing better, I should have never done those burnouts with you....you are supposed to NOT spin coming out of the hole...LOL....seriously, those tires must be really bad...you should've been low 12's...I will get to see what my street tires will do at the end of the month at US41...but with your set up...you should be smokin'...but not the tires

Old 04-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tom2112
WOW! I couldn't hook for crap today! Good DA but no traction. I can't recommend these new Sumitomo tires for drag racing. I had four runs with 60' times between 2.195 and 2.786!!!

My ETs were very inconsistent too: 13.007 thru 13.748. But my MPH was very consistent: either 111.39 or 111.94 each time - two of each.

Well I really need to get my ET Streets mounted. That should help. Also, I think it's time to take the SprintBooster off. I'm making too much power to have the throttle come on so fast.
Dont you have an intake,pulley,and tune? If so, your running stock to slow stock 1/4 times. Wonder if you have a boost leak or something. That happened to me last time I was at the track.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlUEMDsrt6
Dont you have an intake,pulley,and tune? If so, your running stock to slow stock 1/4 times. Wonder if you have a boost leak or something. That happened to me last time I was at the track.
No it's just bad tire spin. That's why mph doesn't mean a thing unless it's accompanied by a low ET. Get those dr's on and have some fun.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:18 PM
She can ride with me ;)

Originally Posted by BlUEMDsrt6
I've got CAI, manifolds, pulley and tune. I should be running low 12's, but I just couldn't get a decent launch today. I don't think I have a boost leak, but you never know. It was cold today, and the tires weren't sticky, and I think the track prep was non-existent too.

But even after all my excuses, it all came down to throttle control. I just kept spinning out!

Old 04-12-2009, 02:33 AM

Practice that driver mod. It's really ok to hit the track and just practice burnouts and launches. I did it quite often and keeps you from the wall when it counts.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by tom2112
I've got CAI, manifolds, pulley and tune. I should be running low 12's, but I just couldn't get a decent launch today. I don't think I have a boost leak, but you never know. It was cold today, and the tires weren't sticky, and I think the track prep was non-existent too.

But even after all my excuses, it all came down to throttle control. I just kept spinning out!
Geez, I just noticed you sig, lol. If you were running 13's with all that what in the world were other people running?

Old 04-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't so much be worried about his ET's, but more his trap speeds at 111?? That seems a little low to me. With basically the same setup as me, he should be pulling at least 113 even with the horrible spin. Tom, check that tune.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Forum Regular

I heard back from the folks doing my supercharger and they said that the superchargers internals were not meant to be serviced as the case is sealed together with a special wax procedure, but they are going to look into it. Anyway they said they could work on the inlets and outlets for sure. Anybody know about the wax sealing procedure? They should call me back in a day or two and I'll post up what they say about splitting the case. Thanks.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

the bolts holding the front part of the s/c case with the gears has supercharger fluid inside it (just before the intake runners). i made the mistake of opening it up and what a mess, lol. very distict smell to it. i havent sourced out the replacement fluid for it as that s/c is our welding jig for the manifolds but i imagine its going to be a pain to track down the specs on it and the amount to be used. if you happen already be in the situation i can start digging into it for you.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:13 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
I heard back from the folks doing my supercharger and they said that the superchargers internals were not meant to be serviced as the case is sealed together with a special wax procedure, but they are going to look into it. Anyway they said they could work on the inlets and outlets for sure. Anybody know about the wax sealing procedure? They should call me back in a day or two and I'll post up what they say about splitting the case. Thanks.
Give Ed Martinez at PSE Superchargers a call....

Old 04-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
the bolts holding the front part of the s/c case with the gears has supercharger fluid inside it (just before the intake runners). i made the mistake of opening it up and what a mess, lol. very distict smell to it. i havent sourced out the replacement fluid for it as that s/c is our welding jig for the manifolds but i imagine its going to be a pain to track down the specs on it and the amount to be used. if you happen already be in the situation i can start digging into it for you.
I'm not sure if he took it apart yet or is studying how to go about it, hopefully he will call with an update in a day or so...

Old 04-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Give Ed Martinez at PSE Superchargers a call....
Man I wish I had heard of this guy before I sent it off, he seems to be up to speed on our unit. I am going to give his # to the guy working on my unit and see if he can get some info about the reseal. Thanks.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:05 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I wish I had heard of this guy before I sent it off, he seems to be up to speed on our unit. I am going to give his # to the guy working on my unit and see if he can get some info about the reseal. Thanks.
PSE or www.stiegemeier.com/home.html are the two companies you want to deal with as far as Supercharger porting. They both told me there is only about a 5-10 horsepower gain. IHI supercharger are really well made and ported from the factory already. The ford guys are getyting the power from the older eaton style ones that had much poorer castings internally

Old 04-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Forum Regular

I talked to the people doing my supercharger today, and they did take the case apart they said there was some work to do in there so I'm happy about that ( not a total waste hopefully ). ANYWAY A CAUTION TO NITROUS USERS- they said the rotor in there that is coated with teflon was peeling/flaking off pretty badly ! I had heard this can happen with n2o, but ignored it. I guess I quit spraying at a pretty good time. They have requested the intercooler to see if there is any work that can be done there, so I'm mailing that tomorrow.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:40 PM

I talked to the people doing my supercharger today, and they did take the case apart they said there was some work to do in there so I'm happy about that ( not a total waste hopefully ). ANYWAY A CAUTION TO NITROUS USERS- they said the rotor in there that is coated with teflon was peeling/flaking off pretty badly ! I had heard this can happen with n2o, but ignored it. I guess I quit spraying at a pretty good time. They have requested the intercooler to see if there is any work that can be done there, so I'm mailing that tomorrow.
MD, my 10k mi s/c rotors teflon is also flaking so im not sure its the n2o fault. I think they will find there is definitely some i/c restrictions.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is really weird, when i contacted lysholm a while back they said the coating was hard anodized not teflon coated.

The coating will stay there (hard anodized), but we have no adequate research for how seal life is affected. Is this for racin or every day use?

Robert Pettersson

Product Manager - Lysholm Technologies

MD SRT6, are they able to recoat your rotors or do they have to send it off to the manufacturer?

Old 04-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
That is really weird, when i contacted lysholm a while back they said the coating was hard anodized not teflon coated.

MD SRT6, are they able to recoat your rotors or do they have to send it off to the manufacturer?

No they are not going to send it anywhere, the guy said they were going to proceed with the performance overhaul which I believe means re-coating everything anyway to tighten tolerances.I'll ask them what they did with the teflon, grind it all away/spray over it? etc.. I really have no idea what it even looks like inside, I only dabbled with the inlets and outlets I was too scared to open it up. I also asked them did they test everything before and after on a flow bench so we can see results on all the parts,( I know this crowd will want to see that ) and he said oh, I will talk to the boss about that. So I'm not sure what that means??

Old 04-14-2009, 08:39 PM

I also asked them did they test everything before and after on a flow bench so we can see results on all the parts,( I know this crowd will want to see that ) and he said oh, I will talk to the boss about that. So I'm not sure what that means??
LOL, that sounds like the response I got when I picked up my car this past Friday and asked did they make sure they gapped my sparkplugs to .039. When I tried further pursuing the matter they assured me they did, but hell I don't know for sure. Even if they pulled it out and showed me it I wouldn't be able to tell one gap from another. I need to install a wideband bad.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Forum Regular

O.K., All work is done, parts are boxed up and shipping back to me now. I had the y-pipe, throttle body, cylinder heads, supercharger, intercooler, plenums, all ported & polished + balanced + blueprinted. All work was done by Stiegemeier engine air flow in St. Charles, Mo., as soon as I get the parts I will Take pic's and post it up. They were very happy and even enthusiastic to have a chance at getting the job. I called dozens of machine shops around my area and as soon as I said MB everyone said no thanks. How did they do, I don't know yet. I hope I get flow charts etc.. with my shipment. Give me a couple of days and I'll report on the quality of workmanship etc.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:44 PM

I was told by my tuner, that also SC-RPM above the factory limit could cause flaking of the teflon coating on the SC-Srew. Maybe we have to look closer to this point...

Quick Reply: Supercharger Upgrade