Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Supercharger Upgrade

Old 04-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Supercharger Upgrade

a couple more---

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
slip11.jpg (22.9 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by MD SRT6; 04-09-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
I look forward to seeing your results, any word on how long it will take before you get your parts back?

Maybe 2 weeks I'm 99% sure I'm gonna make it on May 3rd. They called me today and are working on it right now !

Old 04-09-2009, 03:00 PM

Hey MD, what cam are you running in your car? Are you running the larger throttle bodies?
I am only asking because as I am sure you already know the is far more power to be gained there than with the Blower. You mentioned you had done everything so I am just wanting to find out what road you actually are going down and if it works.
If you haven't taken the more obvious way of gaining power and your talking about digging deep into your pockets, I have some Swamp Land you might like to purchase.
Mike

Old 04-09-2009, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
a couple more---
Damn, that thing runs upstairs Jeff!

Old 04-09-2009, 03:29 PM

Here you are. I will give you a dyno sheet once I have the chance to get a new dyno done. The last time I had one done was some time last year and I am not sure where it is. Hopefully within the next 3 or 4 weeks.
Well on my computer screen it looks like a 15 sec 1/4 mile (the highlighting doesnt help) LOL!!

But i can definitely make out your other 2 slips with 11.7 and 11.8 so it certainly falls pretty close in line with those. Cant wait for your dyno's.

Are they ceramic coating the inside of your housing in order to tighten the tolerances? Are they opening the s/c output or filling in the silencing slots? Cant wait to see how she looks.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by RL-2005
yeah it sounds like he might not have everything back by May 3rd??
I've heard of guys sending SC's to Steigmeier's with pretty good results with porting and polishing.
I sent pics of our blower to Steigmeier as per Bulldoggers request and never heard back from the guy. Thats all i know about Steigmeier from first hand experience.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Well on my computer screen it looks like a 15 sec 1/4 mile (the highlighting doesnt help) LOL!!

But i can definitely make out your other 2 slips with 11.7 and 11.8 so it certainly falls pretty close in line with those. Cant wait for your dyno's.

Are they ceramic coating the inside of your housing in order to tighten the tolerances? Are they opening the s/c output or filling in the silencing slots? Cant wait to see how she looks.
Sorry about the quality of the slip, the highlighter messed it all up + my scanner is a $100 lexmark. Anyway It is a 11.598 @ 122.60 . Maybe somebody can brighten it up that knows more about computers than me. I'm not certain about what all they are doing with it just yet, It will be the first one they have done. They were blueprinting it today and taking it apart, I'll keep you posted. I'll also get some up to date dynos after getting it all back together.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

just amazing the power all you guys are making....saving $$$$$ now...and learning....thanks...

Old 04-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
just amazing the power all you guys are making....saving $$$$$ now...and learning....thanks...
Doc, you don't need the power, you have the DRIVER MOD!

Old 04-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Forum Regular

Your running a 11 second car and wanting more power! I dream of 11sec! Damn you SRT guys!

Old 04-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT

Silencing Slots???? What the heck??? Squirrel Crusher

Old 04-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher
Silencing Slots???? What the heck??? Squirrel Crusher
I second that, SQ.

If I can get more SC noise and more boost by plugging a hole or two, please let me know.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad to see the doubters silenced! Ha!

Old 04-10-2009, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff Cobb
I second that, SQ.

If I can get more SC noise and more boost by plugging a hole or two, please let me know.
Yea, there is one on each side of the s/c output. They are there to reduce noise. The cobra/lightning guys fill theres. We could weld ours shut but you would have to smooth the inside with a porting tool or similar. Im to much of a pansy to tackle taking my s/c rotors/bearings out.

This would definitely get you more noise, but how much (if any) performance is the big question. It will not necessarily get you more boost. Well it might, but im not sure thats a good thing. The bigger you open her up the lower the boost will drop. As long as your gaining power thats fine but what about if you port too much or open it up to big and power is lost....somewhere in between lies the sweet spot the big guys are paid to know based on experience.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bombsquad56
I'm glad to see the doubters silenced! Ha!
Thanks, I felt like I was going on trial or something. Even though about a dozen people from the forum were at the track with me last year at the 2008 supercharger pulley shootout and watched me run in person about 3-4 tenths faster than most and cut a 1.6 60' time with the bottle out of the car. Anyway its all good, I'm just not sure why I must prove everything I say when there are quite a few guys on here that have never put a single slip up and talk real big stuff?! I've been one of the few that has put up videos, dynos,time slips etc... this is still the best forum though!

Old 04-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, I felt like I was going on trial or something. Even though about a dozen people from the forum were at the track with me last year at the 2008 supercharger pulley shootout and watched me run in person about 3-4 tenths faster than most and cut a 1.6 60' time with the bottle out of the car. Anyway its all good, I'm just not sure why I must prove everything I say when there are quite a few guys on here that have never put a single slip up and talk real big stuff?! I've been one of the few that has put up videos, dynos,time slips etc... this is still the best forum though!
What no slips!!! Come on??? LOL. I'm just glad people see your runs on youtube and then think it's me at the track. They say oh I seen you on you tube running nitrous. Nope that's not me, then I say so you wanna race???? I did use the drag times calculator for my 12.02 and 11.89 run and corrected both to sea level. It surprisingly put both within a hundredth of each other. They were done in different states about 3 months apart. So if any of you want to see your compared to ours just correct to sea level. My runs were actually right on with your second slip posted. I oouldn't correct your first slip because I couldn't read the date, track, or time. MrPhoto, you gotta love these da calculators. Apples to apples.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
What no slips!!! Come on??? LOL. I'm just glad people see your runs on youtube and then think it's me at the track. They say oh I seen you on you tube running nitrous. Nope that's not me, then I say so you wanna race???? I did use the drag times calculator for my 12.02 and 11.89 run and corrected both to sea level. It surprisingly put both within a hundredth of each other. They were done in different states about 3 months apart. So if any of you want to see your compared to ours just correct to sea level. My runs were actually right on with your second slip posted. I oouldn't correct your first slip because I couldn't read the date, track, or time. MrPhoto, you gotta love these da calculators. Apples to apples.
[mrphotoman]You're a ricer. [/mrphotoman]

Love youuuuuu.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:30 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Illegal Machine
[mrphotoman]You're a ricer. [/mrphotoman]

Love youuuuuu.

lol........................

Old 04-11-2009, 09:03 AM
She can ride with me ;)

You guys are killin me! LOL

I've got about a 240' DA at the track today, and I should be working on a project for school, but I'm heading to the track. Screw it!

It's a shame my lugs for my drag tires are too long, but I'm gonna make a few test and tune runs on street tires just to see what I get.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:41 PM
She can ride with me ;)

WOW! I couldn't hook for crap today! Good DA but no traction. I can't recommend these new Sumitomo tires for drag racing. I had four runs with 60' times between 2.195 and 2.786!!!

My ETs were very inconsistent too: 13.007 thru 13.748. But my MPH was very consistent: either 111.39 or 111.94 each time - two of each.

Well I really need to get my ET Streets mounted. That should help. Also, I think it's time to take the SprintBooster off. I'm making too much power to have the throttle come on so fast.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Upgrade