Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Piggyback's

Old 04-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Piggyback's

Hey I apologize for speaking out of turn and acting like a ******, I guess post #43 just aggravated me. Because until it is proven that it's going to work, don't diss people who have bought tunes. I think the clamp is a good idea I've said it in other posts, but up till now, no one has one on a srt6 and no one knows if it will work, until then a tune is the only proven way to make the car faster. Believe me if it works I and most of us would be in line to get one. Again sorry for my assiness. And I'll be glad to help with process of r&d on this if I can.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:40 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XXxx_Totmacher_xxXX
well i had this huge response but deleted it. It's just not me.

I'll do what I do and you can do what you do.
That's the spirit! - Never listen to the people in this world that tell you no, it can't be done...

I ask that you don't let them keep you from posting your "how-to" and results on the forum. I'm sure many other members like me look forward to seeing what your ideas and experience have to offer.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Neverenough- I think your taking MD's point in the wrong way. He's actually trying to save you and countless others from trying the next cheapest mod. Not that it might be the best bang for the buck, but also the most dangerous. If it indeeds tricks the motor to allow more boost and only fools the ecu for 1 sec, that may be all it needs to cause damage. Maybe nothing dramatic as putting a piston through the block, but possibly toss a CEL that tells the dealer your messing with voided warranty territory? Deep pockets allow to test with options, but still doesn't mean throw caution in the wind. We've seen it before with the pullies. Why develop a pulley to stack when there is no proven reliable safe results. Did that stop anyone from trying. Heck no. For $100 and 25hp you bet the list will be 40 deep. There are those that log and those that trust. The 40 deep will be the trusting. Code3 clients line up.
I would never attempt to hack together some crap just to see if works. Anything that goes on my would be thoroughly researched, documented and tested before I try it. I'm not saying it will work, I'm not an engineer. I have enough professional engine builders/tuners/egineers in my phone's contact list to help me out. I would have tapped them before now if I weren't recovering from a financial meltdown... I just don't have the $$$ to experiement like that at this point.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XXxx_Totmacher_xxXX
well i had this huge response but deleted it. It's just not me.

I'll do what I do and you can do what you do.
well,

it is you, but you're right. This case doesn't warrant it. I think the smoke is clearing out of this thread.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hopefully it's just starting and we have a few more in the 11.5's.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:05 AM

Got my prototype MAP Clamp in the Mail. Now i just need to figure out the MAP sensors voltage scale.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:15 AM

Pm HDDP, he's not on much anymore. He sure dived head first into these type of projects. He might be able to help if he's not on location.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a limited crossfire but i would like you to post up all your findings on the clamp and a piggyback i would like to do something similar if possible to play with timing, fuel and other items we can tap into for ecu or other sensors. There is much knowledge to share and no need to put each other down.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

well, glad you guys calmed down a bit, because there are a lot us who pay attn to what you are doing to learn...I now realize I had better work with someone to learn to data log what is going on with my car. I now can only test and tune at the track, since my vert has been banned "without a cage" from real racing. So I don't want to spend anymore than it takes to get the most out of her. So, I learn from each of you, without having to test myself...there are at least 5 of you guys I really pay attn to...so even though I get short-tempered with some people on here, hopefully you guys will keep working together...mani mod is next for me...so how do I data log and which instrument? I will be in the search feature for awhile...so you guys get along...LOL

Old 04-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking Re: Piggyback's

Doc, I would suggest that you consider getting a Zeitronix data logger as I use it and have it doing the tune for my a/f ratio also. The data logger is nice but the display panel is handy to watch also.

Are you going to raise the roll bar hoop???

Enjoy, Woody

Old 04-11-2009, 05:10 PM

I have the Zeitronix Zt-2 as well with the optional boost sensor into my mani's. I use mine with a laptop only at the track. If your safely monitoring under WOT then you should be safe while normal daily driving. The program from Zeitronix is pretty simple and easy to use. There are too many points during your shifts to be able to monitor with just a gauge. Also this crucial data is what's needed if your going to modify your tune. Every 100 rpm to AFR and boost will show on your log.
Here's a sample datalog

Old 06-25-2010, 10:00 PM

Did this thread just die?

We had alot of the same problems on the LX platform when we first tried to supercharge it. SRT-4s run into the same problems as well due to no maf.

Couple of questions with the Srt-6.

Is it a speed density system?
No Maf?
Return less fuel system?

Sounds like you guys have a pig rich supercharged engine (like every other oem blown engine) and you are getting some amazing results off of a intake and pulley (leaning it out)

When eurocharge or let tune these things, do they directly modify the fuel maps? If so I take you they are leaning it out more? Or just smoothing things out a bit.

How are the turbo guys adding more fuel with there turbo set up?

Oh, and hi, im new here.