Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Some happenings at the new shop...

Old 03-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Re: Some happenings at the new shop...

The SRT6 exhaust looks and sounds amazing in person. We may need to do a chase-car video to better capture the the complete range of the exhaust's sound while driving.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: Some happenings at the new shop...

ok, now I know I have been missing out...working too much...what SRT6 "new" exhaust are we talking about? Am I going to have to make a trip to Chicago in the near future?....LOL

Old 03-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
ok, now I know I have been missing out...working too much...what SRT6 "new" exhaust are we talking about? Am I going to have to make a trip to Chicago in the near future?....LOL
We did a custom exhaust for a customer out of 304 16g medical grade stainless! Check out the pics...it looks great!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

May be the camera angle, did not see the O2 bungs? Woody

Old 03-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by waldig
May be the camera angle, did not see the O2 bungs? Woody
both O2 there as well as wideband on the right side!

they are up top by cats

Old 03-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by loungn14
both O2 there as well as wideband on the right side!

they are up top by cats
With the exhaust mods and pulley experimenting have you guys tried bigger injectors like the ones TVT has that are 20% over ours.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bulldogger
With the exhaust mods and pulley experimenting have you guys tried bigger injectors like the ones TVT has that are 20% over ours.
Not yet... but I may try the Woody on-demand fuel pressure and see if Jerry can tune for the rise in fuel pressure on stock injectors. Its a lot cheaper and less work.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT
Not yet... but I may try the Woody on-demand fuel pressure and see if Jerry can tune for the rise in fuel pressure on stock injectors. Its a lot cheaper and less work.
Just curious I know 240 went the pump with more pressure and I think he still had tuning issues down low with the car running rich. I was considering doing injectors but then have to re-tune and would rather not do it remote, plus I dont know if the injectors would work with the factory pump, may still run lean if not enough pressure/volume. 377/378 was decent at the wheels but I kind of wanted 400 minimum and don't know if is attainable with the ECU and supercharger limitation. I haven't seen any higher numbers really then mine and 240, he was 5 hp more at the wheels but I think the Tq was lower and that was with him running the 185 pulley. What to do, What to do is this the end of the road??

Old 03-01-2009, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bulldogger
Just curious I know 240 went the pump with more pressure and I think he still had tuning issues down low with the car running rich. I was considering doing injectors but then have to re-tune and would rather not do it remote, plus I dont know if the injectors would work with the factory pump, may still run lean if not enough pressure/volume. 377/378 was decent at the wheels but I kind of wanted 400 minimum and don't know if is attainable with the ECU and supercharger limitation. I haven't seen any higher numbers really then mine and 240, he was 5 hp more at the wheels but I think the Tq was lower and that was with him running the 185 pulley. What to do, What to do is this the end of the road??
The stock supercharger is the limiting factor, 400whp is almost impossible to reach. As for the injectors... Im really not sure...there is not really a plug and play application that I know of for injectors. Some fuel rail and manifold modification is needed for the TVT injectors (from what Anthony told me awhile back). If we (and by we I mean Jerry) can figure out a decent tune for rising rate fuel pressure, I think that will solve the fuel issues.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT
The stock supercharger is the limiting factor, 400whp is almost impossible to reach. As for the injectors... Im really not sure...there is not really a plug and play application that I know of for injectors. Some fuel rail and manifold modification is needed for the TVT injectors (from what Anthony told me awhile back). If we (and by we I mean Jerry) can figure out a decent tune for rising rate fuel pressure, I think that will solve the fuel issues.
Thanks for the info, I spoke to Anthony from TVT he was at the tuning day. Anthony stated you can get buy without the fuel rail plastic spacers and the injectors will fit in, he showed me a set he installed on another mercedes. I had mixed feelings about them at this point in time. Hopefully you guys will solve the next piece of the puzzle maybe some kind of supercharger modification or different rocker arm ratio's. I'll be waiting with credit card in hand. Thanks for all the products and support and time you invest into these cars. Dave

Old 03-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by savvy75
The SRT6 exhaust looks and sounds amazing in person. We may need to do a chase-car video to better capture the the complete range of the exhaust's sound while driving.
the more video clips, pics, dynos, clips, and more clips(and more clips) you make will increase the number of orders on that exhaust, i guarantee it! it's likely the most requested aspect of any part, especially exhaust we have in the SRT area.... wanna make us happy, get your camera out, and spend an afternoon filming.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Forum Regular

I trust this exhaust will fall in line with the "we are making this stuff realistically cheap" motto. Bravo on the sound, it's fantastic.

Now.....bigger blower....

Old 03-02-2009, 06:58 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Illegal Machine
I trust this exhaust will fall in line with the "we are making this stuff realistically cheap" motto. Bravo on the sound, it's fantastic.

Now.....bigger blower....
yes sir.....pricing for the initial group buy is looking around the 1650 range...

bigger blower......working on it......

Old 03-02-2009, 02:02 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Ugh all this talk about 400 RWHP being unattainable. Send me a customer that wants to push the limit and we will.

There are so many simple old school mods that get very overlooked.

I'm about to just buy an SRT to mod.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
Ugh all this talk about 400 RWHP being unattainable. Send me a customer that wants to push the limit and we will.

There are so many simple old school mods that get very overlooked.

I'm about to just buy an SRT to mod.
It's definately possible, but wouldn't be safe with the stock blower and engine management like they said. I'm the stock stuff can be upgraded to handle 400 whp, the blower could be ported, as could be the heads.I'm sure bigger valves, with a multi angle valve job (if amg didnt already do it) would help, headers, custom intake manifolds.... pretty much increase the boost and make the engine breathe easier. Then its a matter of what the drivetrain can hold. Then if you want to go nuts, a little more compression and/or boost with some racing fuel (and no cats) with a bored and/or stroked motor. Then its a question of how much the block can hold. If I didnt have a mustang that costs 1/3 to mod and will make 3x the power, I would be doing the n/a tricks to my motor, but I probably would have bought an earlier base model, and wouldn't drive it every day.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:01 PM

Aren't the injectors the standard Bosch EV-1 or EV-6 type? Or some custom offshoot form-factor?

Old 03-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Forum Regular

Already spoke to PSE supercharging, porting will do nothing IHI superchargers are already at their limit. Modified plenums already done. Porting and polishing heads lowers boost and the supercharger with 185 pulley pretty much is spinning it as fast as it can go safely.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:07 PM

But lowered boost due to less restriction means more efficient cylinder filling.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by 70GS455
But lowered boost due to less restriction means more efficient cylinder filling.
Agreed... NW intake manifolds lowered my boost to 20psi on a 185mm.... but airflow when up nearly 150gms/sec

Old 03-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
WOW - Your tires look toast!!
Do the pipes passing on each side of the rear end hang down and look unsightly? Hard to judge with the car on the lift. Sounds Awesome. Squirrel Crusher (Hows that X-Large black logo tee shirt coming along?)

Quick Reply: Some happenings at the new shop...