Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SRT6 - low RPM

Old 12-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT6 - low RPM

Just received a 2005 SRT6 coupe last night. Too much snow here to-day to take it for a test drive. Sitting in my garage in neutral it will only rev to 3800 RPMs'. Dealer told me the car had absolutley nothing wrong with it. Now I'm having doubts. Could this be a turbo charger problem or is there a limiter preventing over revving while car is in park or neutral? I would appreciate any help or opinions.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Wink Re: SRT6- low RPM

Well sport that is all the revs that car can produce. If you wanna go to 6000 youll need a bigger garage, the front tires need to be turning to get above the 4k limit, TAAA DAAAAA.

Youll be fine if you dont get wiggy in the snow, enjoy the ride, WOODY

Old 12-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Default Re: SRT6- low RPM

Dude seriously read the manual and do some internet research on what you have... There is no turbo charger in your car.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAOROFL!

sorry.....let me gather myself

your car is supecharged, not turbo'd. did your dealer know that when you bought it? or did he forget to tell you?

yes, you are hitting the rev limiter in neutral. that is normal. there is nothing wrong.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:40 AM

Just asking a simple question. SO VERY SORRY for the wrong terminolgy, ment to say super charger not turbo charger. Car has no owners manual but will order one on Monday. And yes I will read it. I won't bother to ask questions here again.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paul1612
Just asking a simple question. SO VERY SORRY for the wrong terminolgy, ment to say super charger not turbo charger. Car has no owners manual but will order one on Monday. And yes I will read it. I won't bother to ask questions here again.
These are great questions. Sometimes people get a little ahead of themselves but if you do some searches on this forum, you will find answers to just about every question. For the most part, you will find this forum one of the best out there.

There is also a post so you can download manuals, service information etc. so you may also try that route. I would want a hard copy as well but both is nice to have.

Steve

Old 12-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Forum Regular

sirry.....just giving you a hard time. didnt mean to offend you.

congratulations on your new car and welcome to the forum! this forum is very friendly and helpful and for all questions so please feel free to ask anything (provided that you do SOME searching to see if the question has been asked before).

the manuals can be helpful, but they definitely do not answer everything.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Forum Regular

Unless the dealer is popping the price for the manuals they are not cheap!
You can find all of what ya need online..or ask not everyone is gonna flame ya for asking....
Lot of stuff is here already if ya search...most will bitcchif ya don't search but thats what were all here for is to read and talk, so ask if ya can't find.

And congrats on the new car!

K.K.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Every new member of every forum of any make of car feels the hot breath of sarcasm when in their excitement commit an atrocious error. Its a rite of passage. Here we are relatively cool about these things. This is part of getting to know your car and the other owners of Crossfire's. Don't worry about it.

(I got raked over the coals when I joined another forum a few years ago. You got off easy. Learn grasshopper)

You bought a great car at a great price.

Les

Old 12-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the purchase.
Check here for the manual and other valuable documents

Personally I would prefer to never see people telling someone to use the search....if you do not want to post an answer then dont...just move on.
No need to make someone feel unwelcome.
However, be prepared for some good, well intended, ribbing on this site.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

First off...WELCOME to the forum!!!
Lots of information on this forum just waiting for you to look over.
Lots of great folks here also willing to lend their knowledge and experience on these car. And as you have found out we like to play a bit. Don't take it seriously.
70GT6 gave you the link to all of the manuals. Download them and start reading.
Be sure to SEARCH before you ask. If you don't you'll catch hell!
Again, welcome!

Old 12-06-2008, 12:54 PM

Well, I've been initiated. I was a little impatient in not doing a thorough search. Car was bought sight unseen (pictures only) from a dealer 650 miles away. I got a little overzeolous when I thought there could be an engine problem and hoped for a quick answer here. Will be using the search button from now on. Anyway, I've since checked out the car and everything is OK. Thanks everyone for the help and for the "welcomes".

Old 12-07-2008, 04:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: SRT6 - low RPM

Welcome to the forum! Dont let the wise asses turn you off to a great resource.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought it was just great that you were able to type away and not one "you know hey" LOL. Welcome and when the snow clears lay down a strip of rubber to enjoy those high rpms.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:43 AM

Welcome to the world of SRT6. Mine is tucked away in a garage until summer also.
Sorry about the abrupt initiation, I would also have been panic mode if I wasn't aware of the rev limiter when car is stationary (in park OR in nuetral). Sometimes some people think some things should be know by someone all of the time, but I'll bet they had to learn also

This forum has answered a lot of questions for me, some of them I would not of even KNOWN to search for, like the hood opening to 90 degrees when you release the rod extension with a button on the back of the hood prop cylinder.
Go into the earlier pages in the forums and just look around.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jturkel
LMAOROFL!

sorry.....let me gather myself

your car is supecharged, not turbo'd. did your dealer know that when you bought it? or did he forget to tell you?

yes, you are hitting the rev limiter in neutral. that is normal. there is nothing wrong.

Just curious, which parent and/or relative bought you your car?

Or at least co-signed your loan?

You must feel great being so perfect and all.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Forum Regular

Welcome to the forum. Please ask questions, that is how everyone learns. Some ribbing will occur. But to be honest the car will reward you immensely! Anyway wlcome and don't be a stranger.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome...my canadian friend...I get just as pissed when your canadian brothers rib me at the border, touche!....just about all cars today w/ computers limit the revs while in park or "N". I would go outside, and light 'em up in the snow...then you will know what the Traction Control is all about as well...bet you can't wait until summer...and if that problem ever happens when you are out on a clear road this summer, you IC pump "just failed" and you will learn about that on here as well...so hang in and learn....Doc

Old 12-07-2008, 04:19 PM

Just received a 2005 SRT6 coupe last night. Too much snow here to-day to take it for a test drive. Sitting in my garage in neutral it will only rev to 3800 RPMs'. Dealer told me the car had absolutley nothing wrong with it. Now I'm having doubts. Could this be a turbo charger problem or is there a limiter preventing over revving while car is in park or neutral? I would appreciate any help or opinions.
Haha

Don't get too upset, but I bet your speedometer isn't working in the garage either. Seriously, wait until you get a chance do drive it before you start worrying too much.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI, don't open your hood 90 degrees while in your garage until you are sure the overhead garage door will not hit it! Now there's some info none of us would have searched for

Quick Reply: SRT6 - low RPM