Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

LET 185mm water pulley failure (WATCH OUT)

Old 11-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: LET 185mm water pulley failure (WATCH OUT)

My qustion is the stock pulley a harmonic balancer of any type?

Old 11-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey photo dude

"We run faster times"????

You know what they say about those that have that little mouse in their pocket!?
I have heard you argue other issues that seemed feutal.
Why do you always say "we" you never say I or me. Give facts when someone asks for help. Don't flash your photo copy of a time slip or tell of what you did on some track on some certain day. I assure you, YOU will never out run me on a road course or top end. So don't come at me like a school boy telling me to meet you out behind the play ground or some track in your backyard. If you ever really want to meet in a compitition, put some money up we'll meet as near to half way as possable and you might be able to brag somewhere other than this little forum.
Anyday! let's rub fenders this way you can actually prove once and for all talent and ability isn't buyable at any price

Last edited by Montana Crossfire; 11-10-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Montana Crossfire

You know what they say about those that have that little mouse in their pocket!?
Why do you always say "we" you never say I or me. Give facts when someone asks for help. Don't flash your photo copy of a time slip or tell of what you did on some track on some certain day. I assure you, YOU will never out run me on a road course or top end. So don't come at me like a school boy telling me to meet you out behind the play ground or some track in your backyard. If you ever really want to meet in a compitition, put some money up we'll meet as near to half way as possable and you might be able to brag somewhere other than this little forum.
Anyday! let's rub fenders this way you can actually prove once and for all talent and ability isn't buyable at any price
LMAO! Wow someone is cranky! Hey you were bragging big guy that you made so much more boost than the code3 guys so I was just bragging that it may be true but that generates so much more heat you are actually slower. Sorry that hurts your feelings but it is true. As for racing on a road course, sure that sounds fun. I have ran at Mid-Ohio several times and I plan to run up at Beverun Motorsports and Summit Point in the crossfire in the spring. Come on down!

This thread is not about you though, it is about a 185mm water pulley failure so lets try and keep your ego in check and keep the thread on topic okay?

Old 11-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Hey photo dude

Old 11-10-2008, 11:43 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey photo dude

Old 11-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: LET 185mm water pulley failure (WATCH OUT)

Old 11-10-2008, 11:50 AM

This thread is fixin to take a turn for the worse, so hide the women and childrens because its about to BLOW!

Old 11-10-2008, 11:54 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by BlUEMDsrt6
This thread is fixin to take a turn for the worse, so hide the women and childrens because its about to BLOW!

LOL…and you are the innocent one here!! Well let me be the first to say that my **** is bigger than all of yours! You can fill in the blank with what ever gets you fired up!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
LOL…and you are the innocent one here!! Well let me be the first to say that my **** is bigger than all of yours! You can fill in the blank with what ever gets you fired up!!!
Your momma would tell you otherwise after last night, but she said she "didn't want to hurt her baby's feelins!" MIDF MIDF MIDF MIDF MIDF

Old 11-10-2008, 12:13 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Your momma would tell you otherwise after last night, but she said she "didn't want to hurt her baby's feelins!" MIDF MIDF MIDF MIDF MIDF
I just spoke with her and she said for you to put your helmet on when you talk about her! LOL

Old 11-10-2008, 12:15 PM

We as in several people on the site showing valid timeslips with code3 pulleys are running faster times than most (i am sure there is an exception) of the 185mm pulley guys because the 185mm pulley generates more heat. If someone adds alcohol injection or even a small shot of nitrous to cool the intake temps then I am sure the 185mm pulley guys will be faster. However, as it stands the code3 and their little tiny psi increase actually are faster. The timeslips show that and the 185mm pulley timeslips I have seen are not much better than a stock srt6 runs.

Regardless, that is what is fun about modding your car. Trying something different and seeing what works best.

As for the water pulley failure, lets hope no metal shards hit anything important and you get your car up and running again soon.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Forum Regular

I was driving back from my girlfriends house when this happened. I was on a long straight road leading up to my apartment whenIi tried making a hard right turn at decently high rate of speed. When I was originally turning with one hand, but the steering wheel was super tight and hard to turn so I eased onto the brakes and turned hard with both arms. For a second there I was afraid it wouldn't turn and I would have to take extreme emergency measures. I didn't hear the initial break of the pulley or when exactly it gave way because I had my radio up loud. I only noticed once I tried to make the turn. I originaly thought just my power steering went out, but once I parked it and popped the hood I seen my belt totaly destroyed. After seeing the belt my eyes went straight to the water pump pulley and sure enough it was desintegrated. I do not know the extent of the damage other than the belt and pulley as I had no time to further investigate. I am not sharing this story to bash LET, but to worn others because this could have had disasterous results. Anyone who has an LET pulley of any size needs to ask for a new and improved water pump pulley ASAP and be careful until then.

It's Patriot fan Karma.....

Half your team is injured and now your car is on the DL. At least you still have your helmet....

Old 11-10-2008, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
We as in several people on the site showing valid timeslips with code3 pulleys are running faster times than most (i am sure there is an exception) of the 185mm pulley guys because the 185mm pulley generates more heat. If someone adds alcohol injection or even a small shot of nitrous to cool the intake temps then I am sure the 185mm pulley guys will be faster. However, as it stands the code3 and their little tiny psi increase actually are faster. The timeslips show that and the 185mm pulley timeslips I have seen are not much better than a stock srt6 runs.

Regardless, that is what is fun about modding your car. Trying something different and seeing what works best.

As for the water pulley failure, lets hope no metal shards hit anything important and you get your car up and running again soon.
All true, and my fingers are crossed that the only casualties are the belt and pulley.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by rodimus
It's Patriot fan Karma.....

Half your team is injured and now your car is on the DL. At least you still have your helmet....
I know, Adalius Thomas is probably out the season now too. My Patriot universe is in a world of shyt.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Forum Regular

I know, Adalius Thomas is probably out the season now too. My Patriot universe is in a world of shyt.
I'm looking forward to Thursday. I definitely will not predict a win, because I know my Jets.
But we got a good shot, I'm just going to leave it at that until the game.

Sorry for jacking the thread, sorry about the car though. Sounds like LET will take care of you though.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Forum Regular

Last edited by RIOT; 11-11-2008 at 06:24 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by RIOT
I have two runs in the 11's......

So what!

Oh no juice no meth No mani's....and runnin the 185.....
Oh and I have no pulley failures either......After 6000 miles!!
GO LET GO !!

I think Montana ya need ta cool off...maybe get one of those hydration back packs ta intercool yourself....hahahhaha Just joking....

DAMN ya'll need ta take life a lil less serious!
THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN BE FASTER THAN ME!!!!! I CAN STILL BEAT YOU IN REVERSE AND WHEN YOU HAVE 4 FLAT TIRES WITH A SQUIRREL IN YOUR POCKET!l!l!l!!l!

Old 11-10-2008, 05:44 PM

[quote=RIOT]I have two runs in the 11's......

Gotta timeslip?

Old 11-10-2008, 05:48 PM

[QUOTE=RIOT]I have two runs in the 11's......

So what!

GO LET GO !!

I think Montana ya need ta cool off...maybe get one of those hydration back packs ta intercool yourself....hahahhaha Just joking....

Hey Riot,
The only reason this started was Someone broke. The same brake I have had. No one had yet answered his question, I try to help. As usual this particular member pops up and before he can add ANYTHING helpful you get his usual. "Well I have nothing constructive to say but I sure am in love with everything I have done..."
I just was trying to help the guy with How to get his pulley replaced.
I think it's great people love there Crossfires but don't make it seem that Crossfire owners are so ignorant as to not be aware of the open minded non cookie cutter modifications that existed long before the Crossfire was born and as we must admit DIED!
This is the very reason I so often send private messages to people looking for help. One can ask about wiper blades and before you know it one of the same members are telling him or her how bad *** his car is on the strip.
Now, I am going for my cooled back hydration pack. I got it from ... and it is so much cooler and better than any others that you could buy. Ooops
Mike

Old 11-10-2008, 06:28 PM

[quote=Montana Crossfire]
Originally Posted by RIOT
I have two runs in the 11's......

So what!

GO LET GO !!

Hey Riot,
The only reason this started was Someone broke. The same brake I have had. No one had yet answered his question, I try to help. As usual this particular member pops up and before he can add ANYTHING helpful you get his usual. "Well I have nothing constructive to say but I sure am in love with everything I have done..."
I just was trying to help the guy with How to get his pulley replaced.
I think it's great people love there Crossfires but don't make it seem that Crossfire owners are so ignorant as to not be aware of the open minded non cookie cutter modifications that existed long before the Crossfire was born and as we must admit DIED!
This is the very reason I so often send private messages to people looking for help. One can ask about wiper blades and before you know it one of the same members are telling him or her how bad *** his car is on the strip.
Now, I am going for my cooled back hydration pack. I got it from ... and it is so much cooler and better than any others that you could buy. Ooops
Mike
This is sort of off topic but, did you have a stroke?

I have no idea what you said in either of your posts, lol.

Quick Reply: LET 185mm water pulley failure (WATCH OUT)