Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Who's up for a our own West Coast Shootout

Old 11-25-2008 | 04:45 AM
Default Re: Who's up for a our own West Coast Shootout

Cruzin,
I wont be able to make it. I am having to take mandatory vacation this week and at Christmas. That eats up over half my vacation. But that is better than my partner that got laid off as of last Friday. Hope you guys have fun and put down some GOOD numbers.

MikeR

Old 11-25-2008 | 05:53 AM

Ran into a guy with an SRT yesterday. He is here for training (FT Huachuca). If I see him again I'll ask him if he's interested in showing up.
BTW he was not aware of the forum. I hooked him up, hopefully he'll log in and check us out.

Old 11-25-2008 | 06:47 AM
|

Originally Posted by MikeR
Cruzin,
I wont be able to make it. I am having to take mandatory vacation this week and at Christmas. That eats up over half my vacation. But that is better than my partner that got laid off as of last Friday. Hope you guys have fun and put down some GOOD numbers.

MikeR
Sorry to hear that MikeR was hoping to get you in the 11's. There's always next year at woodburn.

Way to go tighed1, I have another six I forgot about as well. He doesn't post much but already modded up. We should have some great heads up racing.

Old 11-29-2008 | 06:27 PM
|

2 weeks away, let me know if you guys would like hamburgers or something like that for lunch. I'll try to arrange bringing a grill and other supplies. I probably can have some carne asada made as well. Let me know what you guys think.

Old 11-29-2008 | 09:04 PM

Lunch? Where's lunch gonna be at?? I'm there dude! 'Specially if there's carne asada! mmmmmmmmmm!
And where and when are the Tucson folks meeting at for the drive up?

Old 11-30-2008 | 08:13 AM
|

I'm waiting to hear from the track if I can take out a grill. They have a burger shop there, and don't know if it will conflict with their business. I would like to have a few relatives grill up some carne asada for us during the day. I'll let you know when I hear back.

Old 11-30-2008 | 08:49 AM
Forum Regular

Like I said I can't stay long, I probably have to leave the track at 2... So if possible I'd want Tucson guys to meet early and go, like 8am, get there at 930. Ouch! Is it possible?

Old 11-30-2008 | 05:46 PM
|

Yea gates open at 9am, and I'll probably get there by 8am. You should be able to get in quite a few rounds by 2pm. I'll try to get the bracket racing in as soon as we all get 3 passes in. It will go fast, that way we can have fun pairing up with different cars. For those not familiar with bracket racing don't worry it will be fun. We'll have a little drivers meeting and put everyone in a bracket and start eliminations. The beauty of bracket racing is the slowest car can win it all.

Old 11-30-2008 | 09:44 PM
Forum Regular

Well, Im not sure about the racing part... My car doesn't feel quite right, rattles, ticks etc. Tranny jerks (currently being well investigated at the C32 forums), sloooow tranny upper-rpm shifts, etc etc. I feel like if I race I'll have to compensate for a sick car a little, and end up running embarrassing times. Yes, a slow car can win bracket racing like you said, but I just don't feel good about slow times all together

Oh ok and another big reason is I've never ever drag raced before. Oops.

Maybe I will though.

Old 11-30-2008 | 10:49 PM
|

You know the part about going fast that sucks, is getting used to going fast. It just never feels as fast again even though it is.

I really hope you do decide to race, because our cars depending on weather usually can make 3 passes within a tenth of a second of each other. When the weather doesn't change at all, it's more like a few thousandths of a second apart. That's great for bracket racing. Don't worry I'll explain it all to you guys at the track before we start. Hooleyboy with the C55 expects to be the slowest out there. He finally broke 12.99 a month or so back. With our cars it comes down to the launch. I'll go over that to.

Old 11-30-2008 | 10:56 PM
|

too bad none of you'all from TX are coming down. You can't all be scurred? I would love to see an 11 sec pass.

Old 12-01-2008 | 09:01 PM
|

I was asked about race gas availability. Yes, 100 octane unleaded Torco Race fuel will be available at the track. My question is how many of you are going to want some? I usually put 2-3 gallons in for a race. Currently it's $8 a gallon. $20 usually does just fine. Yes, it does make a difference. Some of you may put down the fastest time here, so might as well go for it all.

Old 12-01-2008 | 10:59 PM
Forum Regular

i would like to leave tucson early that saturday morning. sometime between 7 am and 8 am. Have you Tucson guys decided when and where we are going to meet up and drive up there?

Old 12-02-2008 | 10:59 AM
Forum Regular

Not to be the little whiner But race gas can lower performance if the car isn't tuned specifically for it.

Old 12-02-2008 | 12:36 PM
Forum Regular

^^^that IS true for many cars such as ours. however, arizona 91 has frequently been tested by octane testers in AZ (one such test by dynocomp) and read to be only 86-87 octane. so throwing in a couple of gallons of race gas may bring the actual octane of the gas back up to where it SHOULD be. damn AZ gas.

Old 12-02-2008 | 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by jturkel
i would like to leave tucson early that saturday morning. sometime between 7 am and 8 am. Have you Tucson guys decided when and where we are going to meet up and drive up there?
What's the drive time to Phoenix? Two hours?

Since no one from Tucson has designated a Tucson meeting spot I'm gonna propose that we meet at the Jack in the Box at Ina Road and I-10. It's just east of I-10 exit 248. Should be able to see it from the highway.

Now we need a time. I'm thinking 0700. Agree? Disagree?

Old 12-02-2008 | 01:43 PM

Just re-checked the route. I was going to the wrong dragstrip!
map link below is correct showing route from Ina Road, Tucson to the dragstrip. 2 hours 17 mins, 141 miles.

map

Last edited by tighed1; 12-03-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-02-2008 | 03:24 PM
|

The map didn't work for me but I put in Tucson to the dragstrip address and it shows 156 miles and 2 hours 38 min. Unless your plannnig on a ticket, it's about 1 hour 20 minutes from casa grande to here. So depending how far south your are from there you can gauge the drive. Here's the street directions taking I-10 to Loop 303 the Grand Ave to Happy Valley.
1.Head north on N Campbell Ave toward E 5th St0.5 mi
2.Slight left to stay on N Campbell Ave436 ft
3.Turn left at E Speedway Blvd2.3 mi
4.Turn right at N Fwy Rd (signs for Phoenix)3.5 mi
5.Take the ramp on the left onto I-10 W129 mi
6.Take exit 124 for Cotton Ln toward State Hwy 3030.3 mi
7.Turn right at N Cotton Ln0.2 mi
8.Continue on AZ-30314.8 mi
9.Take the ramp to W Grand Ave/US-600.5 mi
10.Turn left at W Grand Ave/US-600.3 mi
11.Continue straight onto NW Grand Ave/US-603.0 mi
12.Slight left to stay on NW Grand Ave/US-600.1 mi
13.Turn left at W Happy Valley Rd

Old 12-02-2008 | 03:26 PM
|

Originally Posted by ohnoesaz
Not to be the little whiner But race gas can lower performance if the car isn't tuned specifically for it.
Not sure about lowering performance but it does help the car cool off quicker. I've ran my best with race gas and my old tune was just for 93, but I was running 100 oct.

Old 12-03-2008 | 10:52 AM
|

Shaping up really nice. Have a spot still open. Going to cap it at 20 cars to make sure we get lots of racing in. Working on trophies now. Will post what they will be awarded for in a couple of days.

Quick Reply: Who's up for a our own West Coast Shootout