Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds FOR SALE! Gain +32HP, +25TQ

Old 09-21-2008, 07:30 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds FOR SALE! Gain +32HP, +25TQ

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
Once again you missed the point, if Rob did not speak too soon and share his research with the community, this would not be available as even a thought. ( WARNING TO FUTURE VENDORS! ) just warning all future vendors to not share there future mods as there are some theifs out there!
So true - but sooner or later some innovate kinda guy would have figured it out...Just like the PC or the IPOD.. or the VCR or.....

Originally Posted by indyjoe
I'm paying $800 more not for a logo, but for all the research and testing that went into it.
What research and testing?.........can you be more specific??

Last edited by BrianBrave; 09-21-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
So true - but sooner or later some innovate kinda guy would have figured it out...Just like the PC or the IPOD.. or the VCR or.....

What research and testing?.........can you be more specific??
I know that Rob went through several revisions (5 or more I believe), and more money than you would think (probably what you could get a used SRT for). I'm sure the costs reflect this, so you can understand the frustration when someone copies the design. I don't mind 240 selling his "version" as all is fair game, but I would rather stick with Needswings for several reasons.

I know that Rob tested all the prototypes not only on the flow bench and dyno, but on the strip with great results.

As the saying goes: "You get what you pay for." And I've come to realize with car parts/mods that very much holds true.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:08 PM

MDSRT6 i dont claim to know everything and your advice on injectors was greatly appreciated.

As ive said before Brian(BDJs Racing) actually had this mod done first to his car a long time ago when no pictures were even posted for NW's intake mani's. Brian doesnt even get on the forums, so the idea of thicker tubes wasnt "borrowed". Go back and read Robs thread did you even once see him mention that the biggest restriction was the tubes or that his were a specific diamater over stock? Nope.

The welds are always warrantied. I have never seen a better welder than Brian in my life. This is coming from someone(myself) with so keen an eye as to send back Borla tips claiming to be 2.5" that were actually 2.25" on the inside and calling Magnaflow out for their mufflers not matching the specs they stated. I dont miss the boat on things like this.

BTW, if i wanted to steal Robs business id have released this thread much sooner before he took deposits/commitments on his group buy. Its not a coincidence that i waited. Spend your money where you like. NW intake manifolds are nicely done.

Last edited by 240M3SRT; 09-21-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a 1/4 miler just like MD, 240, Blue, SRTpowa, add your name here (except Brian). Dyno smyno your's could be 10 hp off and so can NW's. Your's can be high and his can be low or vice versa. The best thing to do is keep the set you have ready and send them to a LET tuned pullied car who is going to run in the shootout. Blue and MD will be there with different size pullies and NW mani's. Heads up run it and settle it once and for all. Then you can also compare Inmotion tune to a Jerry tune and settle that too.

MD is the fastest on motor or juice. If your think your crazy about details on your car, multiply that by 10 and you will reach MD's level. There's him and then the rest of us.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
MD is the fastest on motor or juice.
If Jerrys tune and the stock injectors can keep up with my hardware, 400hp will be hitting the ground.

Id even put my car in its current form up against any srt6 motor to motor. I wish i lived closer to you guys, we would have some fun grudge matches.

Last edited by 240M3SRT; 09-22-2008 at 05:45 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:29 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

I'd would love to run the 1/4 mile - there is just no tracks within 200 miles of my area. - closest one is California Speedway - and it's not open for Street Legal Drags (they don't do T&T) until Nov. And then you have to deal with 400-600 cars and get maybe 1 or 2 runs in. 6 Hr. round trip drive + 8 Hr. at the track..for Maybe two runs, ..I'll pass..

To bad we don't have a database on the forum to post times and mods where you could browse like on Dragtimes.

But I purchased my SRT6 with sports car driving in mind, as most folks who purchased and are modding their SRT do - not drag racing, else we should see a boat load of "12.2" runs on Dragtimes.com

After all - Juice, Slicks, Cut-outs, sensor clamps, aren't realistic mods for the streets, right? At least not in my area. Cops would impound your car so fast.

I went with the biggest mods at the lowest price - and it sure turned my car into a (Street-Smog Legal) screamer. If you guys new the smokin deal I got for being LET's first Crossfire customer.........

Like 240M said - I to would love to put my car in its current form up against any SRT6. Come on out and enjoy the great year round weather - let's see how ya like drifting at 90+ MPH

Old 09-25-2008, 06:30 PM

A set of modified manifolds should be going on a forum members car in the next week or so if all goes as planned. The other member im waiting to get back from vacation and send me a PM.

There is also a big name vendor whos considering running these and posting results, dont want to let the cat out of the bag to soon but i will if/when all goes through.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
A set of modified manifolds should be going on a forum members car in the next week or so if all goes as planned. The other member im waiting to get back from vacation and send me a PM.

There is also a big name vendor whos considering running these and posting results, dont want to let the cat out of the bag to soon but i will if/when all goes through.
well good luck!

Old 09-25-2008, 06:40 PM

I'd would love to run the 1/4 mile - there is just no tracks within 200 miles of my area. - closest one is California Speedway - and it's not open for Street Legal Drags (they don't do T&T) until Nov. And then you have to deal with 400-600 cars and get maybe 1 or 2 runs in. 6 Hr. round trip drive + 8 Hr. at the track..for Maybe two runs, ..I'll pass..

To bad we don't have a database on the forum to post times and mods where you could browse like on Dragtimes.

But I purchased my SRT6 with sports car driving in mind, as most folks who purchased and are modding their SRT do - not drag racing, else we should see a boat load of "12.2" runs on Dragtimes.com

After all - Juice, Slicks, Cut-outs, sensor clamps, aren't realistic mods for the streets, right? At least not in my area. Cops would impound your car so fast.

I went with the biggest mods at the lowest price - and it sure turned my car into a (Street-Smog Legal) screamer. If you guys new the smokin deal I got for being LET's first Crossfire customer.........

Like 240M said - I to would love to put my car in its current form up against any SRT6. Come on out and enjoy the great year round weather - let's see how ya like drifting at 90+ MPH

I might just trade DC for that view (and nice temps to boot)! That must be a blood pumping drive! You should have a "tail of the dragon west coast"

Old 09-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Brian, If you did a tail of the....... I could make that. Oregon is not that far North. We could do a NW version too. That would get lots of members involved and meeting up. Have to start looking for good routs that will not get us in trouble.

MikeR

Old 10-21-2008, 06:19 AM

All right guys. I sent my intake plenums down to Shelton(240M3SRT) and got this mod done. I got them back and installed yesterday. See this link for pics.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=28936

They look great and fit perfectly. I was a little concerned about how my SL55 intake would fit over the bigger tubes, but it was not a problem. Everything fit just great.

I did find a problem while putting the SL55 intake back on though. That rubber gasket between the throttle body and the SC is split at the bottom. So I have to pull everything back off and replace that before I can go to the track and dyno to test the new mod. I also got a new tune from Jerry at LET for this.

I will keep you posted on a new thread when I get the numbers from the track and dyno.

MikeR

Old 10-31-2008, 01:51 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by MikeR
All right guys. I sent my intake plenums down to Shelton(240M3SRT) and got this mod done. I got them back and installed yesterday. See this link for pics.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=28936

They look great and fit perfectly. I was a little concerned about how my SL55 intake would fit over the bigger tubes, but it was not a problem. Everything fit just great.

I did find a problem while putting the SL55 intake back on though. That rubber gasket between the throttle body and the SC is split at the bottom. So I have to pull everything back off and replace that before I can go to the track and dyno to test the new mod. I also got a new tune from Jerry at LET for this.

I will keep you posted on a new thread when I get the numbers from the track and dyno.

MikeR
Hey Mike,

Should you post your results here to keep the thread together?

Old 10-31-2008, 02:03 PM

I thought it would be easier on folks if I posted separate. But here is the link for the results so far. I still need to schedule a dyno session and post those.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=29242

MikeR

Old 10-31-2008, 02:14 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

I wonder if group buy is possible for this mod?

Old 10-31-2008, 03:10 PM

whoooooppeeeeeee.....this is fun. I just took the Aero out for a little spin. The roads are still damp/wet though. A little gentler with the peddle or it wakes up the 'big dog'. 60 to 100 in a heartbeat....the car feels great and even sounds better. A little more growl and a bigger bite. I think I like this so far.

MikeR

Old 11-02-2008, 08:47 PM

I wonder if group buy is possible for this mod?
I would entertain the idea with enough commitments. Considering how many members are putting their cars up for the winter this is the time to send your manifolds in.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
Once again you missed the point, if Rob did not speak too soon and share his research with the community, this would not be available as even a thought. ( WARNING TO FUTURE VENDORS! ) And yes dyno's are pointless if your a 1/4 mile kinda guy, which based on your previous post you're not so I'm not even sure why you care? The car in it's stock form is good enough to do some canyon type stuff. Anyway I don't really care either, just warning all future vendors to not share there future mods as there are some theifs out there!
I'd have to totally disagree there. I didn't follow the SRT6 side as closely as the Base/Limited Coupe side in the beginning but while working on Jon's car 4 months ago prior to seeing anything from either party, I told him the same thing about how restrictive they looked when we had his manifolds out of his car and if we had an aluminum welder, I can guarantee that we'd have had a set with bigger inlet tubes too. Rob and 240 are both very intelligent people. While I side with neither of them as to who came up with the idea first, they are different enough in design and function and appeal to different people and I can't hardly say that one stole the others idea.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

well said...

Old 11-03-2008, 06:42 AM

And no offense to Rob's product, but if that was the only option, I would still have the stock manifolds. The NW mani's are not my cup of tea. The moded factory mani is. I think I need a little more tuning to get the most out of my combination of mods, but I am positive that the engine is not lacking for air flow. More options to choose from is a good thing.

MikeR

Old 11-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Forum Regular

+1 on the group buy just make it a sweet deal 240 they will come!

1. Projectmayhem