Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds FOR SALE! Gain +32HP, +25TQ

Old 09-18-2008, 07:25 PM
TVT_DESIGN
Default Re: 240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds FOR SALE! Gain +32HP, +25TQ

Originally Posted by j-fire
i would imagine even us SRT-6 guys would prefer 'AMG' on our manifolds anyways. (i know i would.) i don't want the down-time, so what would total cost be with 'core-charge?'
i wonder why LET, TVT or Needswings just doesn't start selling 'power-packages,' with a group of upgrades including a tune in one swift click of the mouse.....? (intake,exhaust, HE and tune etc)

when i bought my jaguar, i just ordered a 'power-package' which included intake, exhaust, tune and pulley at a slightly discounted price...

thank-you for your time
We offer that for the N/A but haven't cracked into the SRT market. Once our engine is done we'll get to you guys.

But with offerings like this it's going to be hard to improve and stay affordable.

Good thing about a member offering parts that aren't supporting their income is a reduced price. I've said this before and I'll say it again, there are some very talented fabricators on this board and if everyone made a part they had a good understanding of, the SRT6 would be crazy!!!

Old 09-18-2008, 08:14 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
Boy this request did'nt last long!

Quote by Rob @ Needswings-
"btw, please dont rip us off i could have bought another crossfire with the amount of r&d into these so far"

Note: All future vendors, get your mod to market before sharing with the public! They will steal your s***!
You got that right MD...NW started his Manifold thread on 11-27-07 - That's 10 months ago....

You snooze - - You loose...Time to Market...Sometimes The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.....etc...

No one on this forum should be required to wait that long...only when competition introduces a similar product to market does NW respond with his results...You should thank 240M3SRT for kicking Rob in the seat...

I wish both 240M3SRT and NW the best of luck...If these manifolds really do work out and can add 30-40HP to my beast and take me to 392 - 402rwhp Then I'll pay the shop that made my IC Tank to fab me up a pair...Unless of course 240M3SRT is willing to make me a sweet deal....

Old 09-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your right Brian...if you want something quick and easy do it yourself. If you want something tested and reliable that won't be recalled or break then leave it to the professionals like Rob. It reassuring he puts his parts through vigorous testing until he feels they are good enough for his customer. Bringing any product to market too soon and trial and error from your clients is your R&D. 240's idea isn't unique but he does think out of the box, which is good for him. He has the resources to repair anything on his car, others don't like myself. I want a bolt and go, and don't mind paying for it. I could care less about cutting my stock boxes for any amount of hp, other's don't. I have a hard time keeping any of my newer cars for more than a year, once I'm tired it's going back to stock and on craigslist. Also there are two different markets targeted here.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:53 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Your right Brian...if you want something quick and easy do it yourself. If you want something tested and reliable that won't be recalled or break then leave it to the professionals like Rob. It reassuring he puts his parts through vigorous testing until he feels they are good enough for his customer. Bringing any product to market too soon and trial and error from your clients is your R&D.
I recall that first batch of NW N/A intakes had some pretty big issues and they all had to be recalled and replaced...with no moving parts - I doubt they'll break...

NW did make good on them, just like the other vendors...It seems NW has had his fair share of issues to...

It's OK to be brand-loyal CQ - just don't be blinded and lose sight of reality...

Old 09-19-2008, 12:25 AM

You miss the point by being blinded by brand loyalty crap. I said there are vendors that test and vendors who let you test. Then I said these are targeted for different markets. One market is for buyers like myself who don't mind paying good money for a great product that is going to be reliable. Another market is for those that don't mind if the product is not the best but close enough for some savings. Neither is targeted for you. That would be the "oh I can have it made better for less and I don't drag race but love canyon drive performance" that is good enough for me. That's great for you, but the majority here hit the track and one tenth of a second matters. Also I don't recall any intakes requiring a tow truck from some pretty big issues. If Shel came out with a better manifold, then I would be the first to give him all the credit. It's not, but is close for the money. If BDJ's intake gave me a few tenths advantage then it would be on my car as well. It's not brand loyalty, it's performance loyalty. Period. So get it straight.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:31 AM
Forum Regular

Actually in my opinion 240 isn't stepping on anyones's toes. He is modding factory boxes vs. NW who is making after market higher volume (cfm) boxes. Not apples to applles in my opinion. I like 240's set up much better, retains the factory engine look. Good Job

Old 09-19-2008, 06:38 AM
She can ride with me ;)

Good point Bulldogger. I don't think anyone has been ripped off. They are difference products for different folks. I wish Rob's looked stock, but I'm willing to make the appearance sacrifice for the extra power.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Competition is good regardless. It sucks for NW since he invested in all that R&D, but this will definitely be a lesson in keeping things under wraps before your ready to come to market. Either way I am buying the NW manifolds since I love their intake, I know the manifolds have been thoroughly tested, and I prefer the way they look. Goodluck on both ventures and I can't wait to see these two products go headsup on the track.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see an opportunity to make a little cash on here as well. For you guys that are going to send in your mani's how much are you willing to pay to rent mine for couple of weeks. After next week's race I'm sitting idle till 1320x comes to town in Nov. Ebay style bidding.
You are truly a Steeler parasite.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by BlUEMDsrt6
You are truly a Steeler parasite.
You big patriot pansie

Old 09-19-2008, 08:02 AM

Thanks Tom and Bulldogger, yep they are different and choices are good. The stock look is fine and I was one of the holdouts who didn't want to change the look under the hood, until my timeslips didn't change anymore. Nobody even looks under my hood at any of the races I've been too. That's usually reserved for the 8 sec pro class. I do however want the ability to change back to stock. To each his own, and at least it makes the competition better. Let's see the times this winter, it should be interesting.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:20 AM
She can ride with me ;)

Hmmm... ? I hadn't thought of that. By adding these manifolds am I going to have to race in a different category?

Old 09-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"btw, please dont rip us off i could have bought another crossfire with the amount of r&d into these so far"

Note: All future vendors, get your mod to market before sharing with the public! They will steal your s***!
Increasing the diamater of a restriction is hardly stealing somone elses idea IMO. NW manifolds are complete replacements, mine are modified stock units...not really the same at all, though they both provide nice gains.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Forum Regular

Competition is good.

I tip my hat to both of these guys for bringing parts and options to the market.

There are a number of pulleys on the market and there is room for all of them. There are room for both of these products and others.

Great job 240.

Manifolds are on my list. I need to finish up some other projects instead of adding to my pile of parts and incomplete projects.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:13 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

That is like calling "dibs" on some chick. Nobody go bang Megan Fox...I want too~

Old 09-19-2008, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by tom2112
Hmmm... ? I hadn't thought of that. By adding these manifolds am I going to have to race in a different category?
No you can stay in street trophy no problem. If you join a team and run in the Summit racing series, you'll be in the sportsman category. They are both bracket classes. What I'm talking about is no cares whats under my hood. Even 11 sec runs don't impress the hardcore racers. Now if I go to ricer night, then you'll have kids coming up and curious. The only thing you can't have in sportsman is nitrous and some electronics that don't apply to us.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Forum Regular
Location: Brentwood, CA (no not the OJ Simpson Brentwood, the real city of Brentwood in NorCal)

One thing that I find very interesting is that both NW and 240 took a different approach to the manifold issue.

NW increased the tank size, and 240 increased the diameter of the tube.

NW just posted that their product dyno'd an additional 45hp at the rear wheels (also with a CIA and 185 pulley, but the 45hp is in addition to those parts).

I wonder what we would see with BOTH a tank increase as NW has done and the diameter increase of the tube as 240 has done, as both modifications have produced nice results.

I was ready to pull the trigger on the NW mainfold when he posted that it was be a sub-$1000 upgrade, but now it's $1200 + you still need to drop another $400 for an ECU tune...I may still do it, but am thinking about it. I'd love to have my SRT running 400hp at the rear wheels, it would have more HP then my Viper, which considering the engine is a third of the size is an amazing feat IMHO.

Last edited by Cal_Cobra; 09-19-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cal_Cobra
One thing that I find very interesting is that both NW and 240 took a different approach to the manifold issue.

NW increased the tank size, and 240 increased the diameter of the tube.

NW just posted that their product dyno'd an additional 45hp at the rear wheels (also with a CIA and 185 pulley, but the 45hp is in addition to those parts).

I wonder what we would see with BOTH a tank increase as NW has done and the diameter increase of the tube as 240 has done, as both modifications have produced nice results.
240 has the LET 185mm pulley, NW has the ASP 178mm. Your viper is going to have some great competition.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Forum Regular
Location: Brentwood, CA (no not the OJ Simpson Brentwood, the real city of Brentwood in NorCal)

240 has the LET 185mm pulley, NW has the ASP 178mm. Your viper is going to have some great competition.
My bad, your correct NW did say it was the ASP 178mm crank pulley (not the 185), which is supposed to be equivocal to the C3P SC pulley. Seems most folks are running either a crank or SC pulley and a CIA so either the 240 or NW manifold mods are welcome additions.

I have the 3CP SC pulley and their 6mm manifold space, as well as the NW CIA to install if my car ever gets delivered

Old 09-19-2008, 02:06 PM

I am considering offering a package deal including my modified intake manifolds and an LET tune. I know many owners already have a tune but not everyone.

Id need a minimum commitment to offer the package deal. Anyone interested?

Quick Reply: 240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds FOR SALE! Gain +32HP, +25TQ