Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Crank position sensor harness...

Old 09-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Crank position sensor harness...

Does anyone know what the part number is for the crank position sensor harness? It is the connector and two wires that go up to the ECU. I can find it in the schematics and it is mentioned in the fuel/ignition section, but there is no P/N or removal instructions(very easy, one E8 bolt). Thanks for any help.

MikeR

Old 09-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Crank position sensor harness...

Originally Posted by MikeR
Does anyone know what the part number is for the crank position sensor harness? It is the connector and two wires that go up to the ECU. I can find it in the schematics and it is mentioned in the fuel/ignition section, but there is no P/N or removal instructions(very easy, one E8 bolt). Thanks for any help.

MikeR
The harness is one BIG A$$ conglomeration of all the wiring looms for the engine bay. Depending on your model, it is part #5135325AA or 5135326AA or 5140990AA or 5142429AA or 5142430AA or 5142431AA Best bet is to cross reference with your vin...

I don't know exactly what you are asking, but the sensor is located at the flywheel....

Old 09-14-2008, 07:41 AM

HDDP, I have the sensor and have replaced it. Very easy. The problem is that I am still having an intermittant CEL for the P0335 crank position sensor error and the car wont start. I can go wiggle the connector and it will start right up. I ohmed out the harness wires from the connector to the pins at the ECU and I cant detect any resistance change or broken wires. I was only flexing it at/near the connector to the sensor though. I was able to pull part of the cover off the connector and press the contact pins in a little to get better connection. Since I did that the car has started every time. Sometimes it bobbles a little at start though. So I am after a new connector and the two wires that connect to it. I did see that it is woven into that big harness. I would have to weave the new one in(if I can get it) or tie it alongside the harness. Or I could just splice the new connector onto the last foot of the wires and seal the joints(last resort).
Are the harness numbers you listed for the complete large harness?
Thanks,
MikeR

Old 09-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you think it may have anything to do with the relay controle module? Is the car hot or cold when it won't start?

Old 09-14-2008, 02:30 PM

Cruzin, it can be either cold or hot. It is not descriminate. I like the cold problem better since it is much easier to reach down the back of the engine when it is cold! I can just let it sit for 15 or 20 minutes when its hot and it will start right up also. I dont think it is anything else because I always get the P0335 DTC, crank position sensor.

MikeR

Old 09-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like to me your problem is at the connector. One of the pins is not making good contact with its counterpart or the wire going into the connector is broken at the junction where it connects to the pin. Try to spray an electrical contact spray along the pins to see if that corrects the problem ( it might just be some corrosion on the pin ); otherwise try to re-secure ( solder ) the wire to the pin that appears to be bad. Keep us posted as to how it turns out. Good luck.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't recall anyone else having a problem with the plug. Keep us posted may be another item we have to take a look at. I think your best option right now would be locating a plug from a mercedes and splice/solder on then insulate with heat shrink tubing.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:31 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeR
HDDP, I have the sensor and have replaced it. Very easy. The problem is that I am still having an intermittant CEL for the P0335 crank position sensor error and the car wont start. I can go wiggle the connector and it will start right up. I ohmed out the harness wires from the connector to the pins at the ECU and I cant detect any resistance change or broken wires. I was only flexing it at/near the connector to the sensor though. I was able to pull part of the cover off the connector and press the contact pins in a little to get better connection. Since I did that the car has started every time. Sometimes it bobbles a little at start though. So I am after a new connector and the two wires that connect to it. I did see that it is woven into that big harness. I would have to weave the new one in(if I can get it) or tie it alongside the harness. Or I could just splice the new connector onto the last foot of the wires and seal the joints(last resort).
Are the harness numbers you listed for the complete large harness?
Thanks,
MikeR
Yes, the only thing they sell is the complete large harness. The connectors are made by tyco and you can get the catalog online with visuals to ID yours. I don't have the specific connector part number readily available, but if you give me a few days I can get it for you.