Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SRT-6 + Wife = FAIL

Old 08-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry SRT-6 + Wife = FAIL

I just had my 4th lower spinal reconstruction. My wife comes home Friday and says I have a flat tire in her Tribeca. She hit something in the street and slashed the tire. She said all of a sudden I hear a bang. She gets home and the tire is almost flat. I asked how far did you drive after the bang, did you pull over and look, did you do anything? She said the car seamed fine.

Discount Tire had to order a tire and she needed to go to work today for a bit. She asked what car to take. I thought 331tq Subaru WRX Wagon or 380tq SRT-6. The 6 was in the drive way so, yeah, enjoy be careful.

She gets home.
She said, she was driving the 6, looked up and a hoopty Cadillac with and emphasis on the oopty swerved into her lane and she swerved and hit the curb with the drivers side rear rim, but only the rear

Oh and what do you mean you looked up?...on her cell phone.

That seams a bit odd to me if she was going straight, the front tire would have hit first or the she swerved so hard that the back end broke loose. But she was on a two lane road and there was not enough room to make such a harsh maneuver and only hit the back tire in my opinion. I'm not the bust her **** kind of guy but it's my favorite car and I think she curb checked it somehow. I really just want the truth and I think she knows I know she is on the BS trail.

What does the forum say. I need advice.

Cliff notes, the wife ripped a driver side rear rim up on my 6 and I think she is BS'ing me about how it happened.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Default Re: SRT-6 + Wife = FAIL

Oh, this is JUST what I need to read moments before the missus swipes the SRT to go to the store! Gee thanks, HK!
On the advice side - just how...hold it, gotta watch her back out of the driveway...whew, didn't hit the telephone pole, didn't curb the front end and away she goes...the panic sets-in!
Anyways...just how long have you guys been married? I'm thinking if it's over 20 yrs. or so you're doomed. Can't be though, you're still too young!
I'd suggest a jumbo bottle of her favorite French beverage; can't go wrong with a decent Merlot, & try to ply the truth out of her w/ alcohol. Tell her it's better than any pain reliever your on! Laugh, crack a few jokes, put her at ease. Then hit her up with the big question: "Honey, just exactly how did you whack the back wheel?" "Really, I'm just curious".
Not to say this has ever worked with MY wife...she knows me too well: 32 years & counting.

Last edited by Kurts; 08-04-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it cyanide or arsenic that doesn't leave a trace. Think cremation quick!

Old 08-04-2008, 05:11 PM

Arsenic is a naturally occurring substance, found in many soils around the world. Takes too long though & is readily detectable. Nasty way to die, too.
Cyanide is mucho quicker but, once again, easily detectable.
I'd try anti-freeze, slowly increase the amount & pow, history is made. It can also be detected by microscopic liver tests but there would have to be suspicion involved.
Act natural, pretend you really miss her, make sure you don't have some giant insurance policy out!

Old 08-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

freeon? lol

Old 08-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Forum Regular

it is easy if someone runs you out of the road, happined to me but i got both rim's chewed up... had a local rei / wheel repair guy fix them..

look under my pics or post

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=24810

Old 08-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Forum Regular

I like the wine treatment, but I would start with stories on how I
goofed up driving (rare). Laugh a bit, we are all human. Eventually, she
will chime in with some of her stories. If the story about the 6 doesn't
enter the conversation, then you can ask, 'Honey what really happened'.
Someday we will laugh about this story also.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

is she blonde, and if so, why ask, then again, you are going to lose either way...I just don't ever let her (being my spouse) drive mine, and, it is actually hers to begin with, but that is another story, argument whatever, what was the question.....of course...she might have missed the curb w/ the front wheel if it a driveway...the ole front wheel on the sidewalk, rear wheel catches the curb....

Old 08-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

My wife always tells the truth. Period. And I'm the same which is a good recipe for a life long marriage. In the end it's a curbed wheel and while it pisses you off, it's replaceable. A good marriage isn't. My wife hit a column with a 2 week old car once. Oh man.....crap, but it's a car. I am fully aware that an xfire is not just a car, but the wheel is just a wheel. My wife has the keys but she won't drive mine unless it's the only option available. I doubt she'll touch the xfire. If she did total it I would thank god that she was ok and go looking for that Ferrari! I think lying about what happened is more serious than what happened, it tells me she's afraid to tell the truth, and who isn't, but for trust it's a must. Good luck, don't push too hard, fix the wheel, and buy her a yugo for daily transportation.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

H. K. I know you guys get tired of my stories, but I got to tell you this one since you are mad at your wife...maybe this will help...I was called to the scene of a 1 car accident, property damage only...I roll up, see the chevette upside down in a driveway, impact marks on a huge tree, 10' up...yep "ten feet"...she is standing there waiting on me...I look around, at first not knowing or believing what I am seeing...then I saw it about 30' back, a light pole w/ a guide wire, she had ran off the road, up the guide wire, inverted, striking the tree upside down....falling straight down into this guys driveway sideways...wonder what she told her hubby....now your wheel isn't so bad....

Old 08-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Forum Regular

Ok, we went back and broke down her story sitting outside planning for our little hurricane tomorrow.
I said do you want to tell me how you just hit the rear tire? She said, I pointed to the rear tire when I told you, I actually hit both. I never even looked at the front until 3 minutes ago. She hit both rims.

Arrrggghhhhhhhhh I know it's just a car but it's my car.

10 years of marriage, she was blond when we met, a stint of brunette, now Dark Reddish, with blond she could have just tossed her hair and would have forgot about it. With hints of Red, it makes me think she is a bit evil.

All in all it's just a car, we have not fought at all and I believe her now. I won't let it hassle me to much, she came in and said she is cutting coupons and opening a rim fund. I will promise every man on the forum, I will not wash dishes, clothes or vacuum the house for the next 6 months so I have that going for me.

Last edited by H.K. Phooey; 08-04-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go out and spend a few thousand dollars on some new aftermarket rims then go to a jewelry store, take a photo of the most expensive ring they have then print it out. Go home and show off your new wheels then hold up the photo of the ring and say "honey I had this ring on layaway for your but since you damaged that rim I had to use the money for the ring on these nice new wheels.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
Go out and spend a few thousand dollars on some new aftermarket rims then go to a jewelry store, take a photo of the most expensive ring they have then print it out. Go home and show off your new wheels then hold up the photo of the ring and say "honey I had this ring on layaway for your but since you damaged that rim I had to use the money for the ring on these nice new wheels.
LMAO!! Classic man

On a side note, if it were my wife......She never drives my car again. I would explain to her why. I don't care who was at fault. If im going to *** up my rims or any other part of my car, i want to be the victim or the one wrecks it!!

Old 08-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Forum Regular

The wifes engag/ring cost more than the SRT6 but it may go missing.

I'm still not doing the dishes.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

My wife drives my car on the track,, she knows " a car is something to go from one point to another point,,but to me my car is the point," when a vette or gt mustang gets beat by me and then gets beat again with my wife driving they know they were beat by the best she doesn't like my srt6 or my PT Cruiser she really likes he mustang conv,,6 cyl, so i guess if my wife dig do something to any of my cars she would tell me and i would get it fixed and keep going after 35 years with this woman i guess you have to give a little, jim

Old 08-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May I suggest supervised SRT visitation privileges in the future?

Old 08-04-2008, 09:12 PM

The cellphone has got to go.......

Old 08-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Forum Regular

At least you have a good excuse to say NO next time she wants to borrow it, and it only cost you some curb rash.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

May I suggest that a new set of rims cost a lot less than a divorce.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Forum Regular

Does anyone have any pics of Chrome Stock SRT6 rims in a SSB 6 ?

Quick Reply: SRT-6 + Wife = FAIL