Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

pulley's

Old 05-19-2008, 06:32 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: pulley's

Originally Posted by RIOT
Email me your .80 trick!!
have a roll bar! DUH! And with time my numbers will fall....just takes experience....
Email Sent

Old 05-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Email Sent
Ok...I am curious........

Old 05-19-2008, 07:17 PM

My corrected ET is 12.28 @ 114.36 this past march with Needswings intake, ASP 178mm pulley, and Hoosier Drag Radials. NO ECU TUNE yet.

With Needswings intake and stock tires best corrected ET is 12.48 @ 111.89.

Sea Level tracks rule, and negative DA is just not fair....

Old 05-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
For comparitive purposes you could submit a slip with what you ran before and after mods and that would show your gains in comparison. And yes I think if we all used the same calculators that would be fair to. People like you whom live in Vegas and some others in the deep south have no shot of a good time otherwise, I think da today is about 8000 there compared to 3000 here and thats like driving through a brick wall.Maybe use the ones cruizinquick referred to racefan.com for track elevation, and weather.com for conditions and modulardepot.com for da calculations then use those?

I used those calculators for my run two weeks ago which was uncorrected 12.61 @110.37 with 1.83 60' at 4742 DA and it said CORRECTED I "would" have ran an 11.85 @ 117.02.

My power mods at that time were 185pulley, LET phenolic intake spacers, SL55 complete intake with K&N drop ins, 1 step colder NGKs, E85 mix(almost all E85 with 3 gallons 91pump) on STOCK ECU........... and put it to the ground with Hoosier DRs and PG LSD.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:30 PM

You don't use the DA for that day but your tracks elevation. It figures the DA for you and adjust that according to your elevation. Figuring DA is used to predict what you will run on that given day. The fields have to be exact or the times can be up or down a bit.

The Strip is 2200' and even if was in the 60's temp wise, your still smoking fast.

Last edited by cruzinquick; 05-19-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
You don't use the DA for that day but your tracks elevation. It figures the DA for you and adjust that according to your elevation. Figuring DA is used to predict what you will run on that given day. The fields have to be exact or the times can be up or down a bit.

The Strip is 2200' and even if was in the 60's temp wise, your still smoking fast.

I know it calculates its own stuff............I entered in all the info it asked for exactly as it was at the time of day I made that particular run. The ambient temp was 89* on that run...........but I did put the elevation as only 2100'..........I always forget whether it's 2200 or 2100 for some reason.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:00 PM

Then that is some great times. I would plan a sea level trip this winter or summer for the mid east.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a chance to drive a car with a 185mm pulley yesterday! That thing whined like a f.... straight up race car. Very nice I was suprised that the whine was so much more than the 181mm, but I would say
nearly twice as loud in a good way, and off part throttle vs mid to full throttle. If these things can be kept cool their gonna be monsters.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:07 PM

I had a chance to drive a car with a 185mm pulley yesterday! That thing whined like a f.... straight up race car. Very nice I was suprised that the whine was so much more than the 181mm, but I would say
nearly twice as loud in a good way, and off part throttle vs mid to full throttle. If these things can be kept cool their gonna be monsters.

I'm guessing that car had a needswings intake(or something similar)? I have SL55 setup and you can barely hear the s/c under WOT and inside the car.........outside it's just a quiet silver/blue blur going by. LOL

Old 05-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Moparrbust
I'm guessing that car had a needswings intake(or something similar)? I have SL55 setup and you can barely hear the s/c under WOT and inside the car.........outside it's just a quiet silver/blue blur going by. LOL
Yes it had a needswings cai and it might be the fastest srt-6 out there( with no spray ), very fast. But if you don't want to hear the s/c don't get a needswings.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:12 PM

MD SRT6,

You going to be able to bring them along the next time you hit the track? Mopar's number are right on and an 11 is got to be possible at near sea level DA.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Forum Regular

MD SRT6,

You going to be able to bring them along the next time you hit the track? Mopar's number are right on and an 11 is got to be possible at near sea level DA.
I'm gonna talk him into coming with me, I will have to use the bottle though I think his car is faster than mine! But who knows, maybe he can't drive lol ,and if he can i'll have to flip the switch. He is getting a LET tune right now, so it might be even faster!

Old 05-21-2008, 08:06 PM

Heck I'd tell him your going to put him on top of dragtimes. You need to drive it a few times and see what it can do. Then based on driving both you can post up. If he don't have DR's you'll have to swap for a few runs. Get to the track quick.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:46 PM

Yes it had a needswings cai and it might be the fastest srt-6 out there( with no spray ), very fast. But if you don't want to hear the s/c don't get a needswings.

I love the sound of the s/c.................but I don't want joe blow to know what I've got under the hood until it's too late(and even then keep him wondering how he lost to a CROSSFIRE).

Old 05-21-2008, 10:04 PM

Heres my question, which way would be best, the supper charger pulley or the crank pulley ? Also what size of crank pulley would the average driver want with a tune.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The car MDSRT6 is speaking of is mine. I have to work all weekend so I am not able to make it to the track. I told Jeff if he wants he can take it to the track and see if he can break into the 11's. I really hope he takes me up on my offer to take my car to the track because I'm thinking this might be the last weekend with decent weather for an 11 second run till fall. Its suppose to be in the mid 70's and not too humid this weekend in Maryland. I would really like to see an 11 second car without spray.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:44 AM

MD do it for the team... Last weekend until fall... Come on. The forum has inquiring minds and we want to know what it will do on the same track as yours. Plus Blue can't drive anyway. Don't forget to swap the DR's.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:58 AM

MD do it for the team... Last weekend until fall... Come on. The forum has inquiring minds and we want to know what it will do on the same track as yours. Plus Blue can't drive anyway. Don't forget to swap the DR's.
LOL, you suck Cruzin, but you have a point there. I've been to the track once and only did three runs, so I definitely don't have my launch down. It would take me a ton of passes to figure it out since I'm new at it, plus all the extra power I'd be putting down.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:17 PM

In all seriousness be careful. As you noticed it's a different monster with those mods, it's even tougher to harness that power on the street. You can call me old fashion, but I drive completely different on the street than the track. I got caught up one day and didn't realize how fast I was going and made a right turn flying, I'm just glad the car handles amazing otherwise I would eaten the car in the turn lane. I think I scared that person more than myself. I did have to change the shorts after though. LOL.
It will take MD a few runs to get used to your car as well. Keep us posted.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:24 PM

In all seriousness be careful. As you noticed it's a different monster with those mods, it's even tougher to harness that power on the street. You can call me old fashion, but I drive completely different on the street than the track. I got caught up one day and didn't realize how fast I was going and made a right turn flying, I'm just glad the car handles amazing otherwise I would eaten the car in the turn lane. I think I scared that person more than myself. I did have to change the shorts after though. LOL.
It will take MD a few runs to get used to your car as well. Keep us posted.
I haven't driven it yet with the new mods, but Jerry told me to leave the traction control on while driving on the street. He said it is easy to lose control of the car with all the power its going to put down.

Last edited by BlUEMDsrt6; 05-22-2008 at 12:27 PM.

Quick Reply: pulley's