Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

pulley's

Old 05-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: pulley's

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Thanks for the link - but they need to update their website..

Los Angeles County Raceway has been closed down for some time

Iwrindale Speedway is now Toyota Speedway with an 1/8 mile track

Fomosa is a 1/4 mile track (my 2nd Choice) Lots of T&T nights but a 4 hour drive each way

That website doesn't list California Speedway (Fontana) 1/4 mile track (1st choice) but they only open up for street cars one Saturday per month

Infinion and Sacramento are two far (over an 8 hour drive).

That leaves me with the same two choices. I may hit Fomosa one Friday night
I'm trying to get the 6 into the sportsman class. Most teams have this class and it's still bracket racing, just depends on how the index will get set up. Unfortunately the 6 is not listed on any stock index for the nhra, so basically our car doesn't exist. Non-electronics class are open to all and most bracket races have this class as well. Even going with the intention not to compete you still get 3 qualifying passes on a well prepped track. Worth the extra money.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Moparrbust
I thought all those drivers were here at LVMS; nice to see someone else has them as well. lol
So is speedworld any closer to you than LVMS? If your at the bottom of NV, it can't be much farther.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
So is speedworld any closer to you than LVMS? If your at the bottom of NV, it can't be much farther.

It is 20 miles from my garage to the staging lanes at LVMS.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:23 PM

Thought I read you drove 3 1/2 hours to the track. You still should plan something this was in the winter.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As you can see from some of the other threads, the pulley question is still valid! Tuning as well for that matter. Marketing can suck you in, but the proof is on the track.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:34 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
As you can see from some of the other threads, the pulley question is still valid! Tuning as well for that matter. Marketing can suck you in, but the proof is on the track.
Actually - I think Riot came pretty close to your best time MD - and he was running on street tires (not slicks), stock exhaust (no cutouts) and with the grill and air filter in place..

Not sure if he was running the 104 octane like you or just pump gas...Riot would have to chime in here.

And he was racing a convertible no less....

I wonder what times he would have posted with all them other mods...

But then - it's obvious from your posts that your not the type of member that will give another member credit, when credit is due....

Old 05-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Actually - I think Riot came pretty close to your best time MD - and he was running on street tires (not slicks), stock exhaust (no cutouts) and with the grill and air filter in place..

Not sure if he was running the 104 octane like you or just pump gas...Riot would have to chime in here.

And he was racing a convertible no less....

I wonder what times he would have posted with all them other mods...

But then - it's obvious from your posts that your not the type of member that will give another member credit, when credit is due....
O.k. Genius I was not referring to myself( and I don't run cutouts ), I was referring to distantpulse who just the other night ran a 12.2 with just a asp178 + needswings! Then ran a 12.4 + w/ a tune added on a high da night! The point was about the pulleys effect on the car code3/178/181/185 etc. Not aimed at any individual, Riots car is awesome, I'm not trying to detract from that, on the right day he would probably spank me. Just trying to have a thought about which pulley provides the most performance to this car so that it's just not assumed if you put pulley x on your car it will be faster.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Forum Regular

CITGO 93 PUMP OCTANE....
Oh and the car wash there for two dollars less with a fill up the night before the race....By the time I was at the track I was at 3/4 tank for weight, I was down to 1/2 a tank before I learned how to drive in the 12's.
Stock SRT rims and BF GOODRICH KDW2'S for tires in stock size.
ONLY real performance mod was 185 pulley for my 12 second runs!
All other mods were cooling mods.
Then a lower cooling fan temp turn on was added,harder shift points were added and a complete custom tune for MY car was dfone at Track side.
By the two hours later that lunch/break and tune took conditions dropped dramatically...I dropped my reaction times from an average of .38 to between .04 to .07 and upped my trap speed by 1 1/2 MPH BUT et's dropped I was plagued by heat!
Next yes stock exhaust,street tires and a 185 pulley Put me in the 12's.
I did run no grill and no filter in the late afternoon but that did nothing!

I will be running solo at a local track with street tires then slicks in the A.M.
That will show the proof of things!
I will not announce when or where as I have money at stake with some locals...but since there are only three places to choose from someone could find the info as it happens easily....but I will post within a week of my findings when I come home....

NOW for my feelings on this thread!!!!!!!!!!1

THERE IS A REAL heat soak problem....today alone I spent atr least 4 hours beating up on anything thats on wheels and left rubber in 4 counties!
And you can play for only so long and it heats up to much and it holds the power back!
NEXT my motor came alive with the 185 pulley and even more with the tune!
It was fun with the pulley but since the tune I can jump the front end up so much in traffic to scare others from even playing!
Next ya have to learn to drive differently with the gears to cool and be ready for the next burst you nedd....if ya stay in a lower gear ya creating heat when you don't need to....sort of like riding a sled...aim for drifts to throw snow up in the radiator to keep it cool to keep power!
So yes we need as much cooling as possible!
I thought I nmeeded Steves switch to keep the pump on...screw that I am gonna wire it so its on as long as the key is on...run that damn thing all the time!
Next I want more cooling capacity and seperate the system.
I Think with those two items then I can just beat the car senseless and never have the thing pull back for heat!

As for times I have a pile of sheets out in the glove box still....
I will post them this week...I will even find a computer some where just ta share for a few of ya...I will post them by time....its wild when ya see the progression...kind of like my Dyno sheet....

Old 05-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Forum Regular

Damn ya'll type faster then me....I think that the 185 is the best....as long as you keep the thing cool!

Funny ya'll don't know about the 192 Pulley??

Guess once I cool mine more I will move up to that....then that will give ya more for discussion!

Oh and as for running me.....

Old 05-18-2008, 08:29 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Thanks for the update Riot - sounds like you had a great time and learned a lot

I have yet to run a 1/4 mile - but having installed a IAT gauge and watching my SRT's performance on the dyno on a 90deg day I know what heat can do to us.

I'm currently in the middle of a major mod to try and correct the heat issue. I don't race but do love the challenge of the SRT and have learned so much from this forum.

I've already hard wired my pump (and swapped to the Johnson) to run when engine is on. It's a real easy mod to do for about .80c and I will be installing the larger HE from LET.

I'm also heat wrapping my IC with some pretty trick (or at least we will find out) automotive engine insulation (used on trucks and busses), polishing (no porting required) and lastly adding a header/surge tank for the radiator coolant and a custom IC flow tank that can also be used for icing...

My big question now is should I use AN fittings and braided hose???

Last edited by BrianBrave; 05-18-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RIOT
Damn ya'll type faster then me....I think that the 185 is the best....as long as you keep the thing cool!

Funny ya'll don't know about the 192 Pulley??

Guess once I cool mine more I will move up to that....then that will give ya more for discussion!

Oh and as for running me.....
#1 185 is best for drag racing based on what? #2 of course you have to keep things cool, that's the point. #3 I believe the front page of dragtimes.com is all 178's. #4 if you raced me you would get removed from the track as convertibles running that fast need a rollbar #5 And if you ran me the results are obvious,

Old 05-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Forum Regular

Depends ya wanna look cool or fool someone on the street.....

I say run the fittings and braid....it always looks cool!

I am interested in your icing tank idea...If ya make two I will pay ya for time planning/making/producing!

Email me your .80 trick!!

K.K.

Never said what 185 was best for....I been with 178 cars on the street...sorry 185 better...as for track I been beat by 178 just yesterday...they have more time behind the wheel then me...as I bet you do too!
I was just sharing my exact experience...on the cooling....guess no one asked....If I raced where you do I would have a roll bar! DUH! And with time my numbers will fall....just takes experience....

Last edited by RIOT; 05-18-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Forum Regular

OH SORRY.....You asked for responses if someone had beaten the 178 record....sorry to have hijacked your thread!

I will now leave never to come back........until............

Old 05-18-2008, 11:03 PM

178 mm pulley rules

Old 05-19-2008, 05:05 AM
THREE 6S

The 178 pulley was introduced first and there were no other pulley options available at that time. Meaning those owners were first to the track, first to test, first to correct ect. With time the 181 and 185 pulley guys will hit the track, test, and correct.

Dragtimes.com, here we come!

Old 05-19-2008, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
O.k. Genius I was not referring to myself( and I don't run cutouts ), I was referring to distantpulse who just the other night ran a 12.2 with just a asp178 + needswings! Then ran a 12.4 + w/ a tune added on a high da night! The point was about the pulleys effect on the car code3/178/181/185 etc. Not aimed at any individual, Riots car is awesome, I'm not trying to detract from that, on the right day he would probably spank me. Just trying to have a thought about which pulley provides the most performance to this car so that it's just not assumed if you put pulley x on your car it will be faster.
Yes,
I'm not sold on this tune right now. I spoke with Jerry and told him im going to wait to get it on the dyno and see what is going on.....

Old 05-19-2008, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by distantpulse
Yes,
I'm not sold on this tune right now. I spoke with Jerry and told him im going to wait to get it on the dyno and see what is going on.....
Ill probably have to wait untill next fall to prove bigger is better. TX heat just plain sucks.

Ya know what i want...a bigger blower.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Ill probably have to wait untill next fall to prove bigger is better. TX heat just plain sucks.

Ya know what i want...a bigger blower.
I know, that would be great. A bigger more efficient supercharger and cooling system.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT6 Gang Member
The 178 pulley was introduced first and there were no other pulley options available at that time. Meaning those owners were first to the track, first to test, first to correct ect. With time the 181 and 185 pulley guys will hit the track, test, and correct.

Dragtimes.com, here we come!

Exactly; I have 185 pulley and the car is damn fast now............but I won't be able to show you guys the timeslips you're searching for until October/November and even then I'll still be "slower". It was 108* out today with 10% humidity and an elevation of 2100feet...........I don't even want to calculate how high the DA would be.

For all those that want to do TRUE comparisons of the pulleys/mods and their gains we need to ALL use the same online calculator and correct the times to sealevel. It's just stupid for all these people at sea level running on cold nights with negative DAs to run around assuming they're truely faster than the same guy with the same mods at 2k, 3k, or even 4k above sea level with 5,000+ DA's. Even the playing field and then compare.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Moparrbust
Exactly; I have 185 pulley and the car is damn fast now............but I won't be able to show you guys the timeslips you're searching for until October/November and even then I'll still be "slower". It was 108* out today with 10% humidity and an elevation of 2100feet...........I don't even want to calculate how high the DA would be.

For all those that want to do TRUE comparisons of the pulleys/mods and their gains we need to ALL use the same online calculator and correct the times to sealevel. It's just stupid for all these people at sea level running on cold nights with negative DAs to run around assuming they're truely faster than the same guy with the same mods at 2k, 3k, or even 4k above sea level with 5,000+ DA's. Even the playing field and then compare.
For comparitive purposes you could submit a slip with what you ran before and after mods and that would show your gains in comparison. And yes I think if we all used the same calculators that would be fair to. People like you whom live in Vegas and some others in the deep south have no shot of a good time otherwise, I think da today is about 8000 there compared to 3000 here and thats like driving through a brick wall.Maybe use the ones cruizinquick referred to racefan.com for track elevation, and weather.com for conditions and modulardepot.com for da calculations then use those?

Last edited by MD SRT6; 05-19-2008 at 06:46 PM.

Quick Reply: pulley's