Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

pulley's

Old 05-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: pulley's

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
Actually nobody is trying to sway you, I could care less what you run! The thread was started as a scientific poll of 1/4 mile times from people who have actually ran their car on a track,refer back to post one. To see if there is any/much difference between the three pulleys, so far that answer would be no. By the way could you post up some of your timeslips? I allways see you talking but never any slips p.s. the 181mm and 185mm cost the same, if I wanted one I would have bought one. And if it proves to be the better pulley I may still buy one.
I have been wondering this as well. You make a valid point. Also Jerry seems like he knows what he is talking about and makes valid points. Im glad im getting my tune from LET! Should have my ECU back from LET tomorrow, ill let you guys know how it turnes out. Who knows, im pretty close to the 11's now with a best pass on a 12.17 run......I think an ECU tune should put the car at least in the 12.0 range I would think......I'm also the the test car for these new larger injectors(46mm-48mm) that TVT is providing. Depending on schedule we might meet this weekend to put the car on the dyno to test. Stay tuned......

Last edited by distantpulse; 05-13-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by distantpulse
I have been wondering this as well. You make a valid point. Also Jerry seems like he knows what he is talking about and makes valid points. Im glad im getting my tune from LET! Should have my ECU back from LET tomorrow, ill let you guys know how it turnes out. Who knows, im pretty close to the 11's now with a best pass on a 12.17 run......I think an ECU tune should put the car at least in the 12.0 range I would think......I'm also the the test car for these new larger injectors(46mm-48mm) that TVT is providing. Depending on schedule we might meet this weekend to put the car on the dyno to test. Stay tuned......
Hey I agree with Jerry and the LET crew also, I have bought my pulley and my johnson pump from them. And I will probably buy more from them. I'm not trying to say that any pulley is better/worse than the other. Just trying to get some good info/facts for all of us to share instead of pure speculation!

Old 05-13-2008, 12:20 PM

Hey I agree with Jerry and the LET crew also, I have bought my pulley and my johnson pump from them. And I will probably buy more from them. I'm not trying to say that any pulley is better/worse than the other. Just trying to get some good info/facts for all of us to share instead of pure speculation!
Absolutely, I agree with you.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:20 PM
THREE 6S

I doubt this statement but not dismissing it as crazy. Heat soak and getting that extra power to hook up seems like reasonable areas of concern with larger pulleys. Adding a CAI and ECU tune would only aid heat soak and reduce traction with the added power. As it was mentioned the 178 pulley was made to drive daily, less heat soak and better traction. Adding a CAI and ECU tune to a 178 would increase heat soak and reduce traction but not as server as a 181 or 185.

Faulty logic?

I will be sure to post my time and dyno numbers in my sign \/

Old 05-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread has definitely brought up some valid concerns and atleast started some good dialogue. Once the 181 and 185's start hitting the track with a little more frequency we should get down what is the real difference.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:49 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually nobody is trying to sway you, I could care less what you run! The thread was started as a scientific poll of 1/4 mile times from people who have actually ran their car on a track,refer back to post one. To see if there is any/much difference between the three pulleys, so far that answer would be no. By the way could you post up some of your timeslips? I allways see you talking but never any slips p.s. the 181mm and 185mm cost the same, if I wanted one I would have bought one. And if it proves to be the better pulley I may still buy one.
Umm - My comments were not even geared towards you (perhaps a few post down) - sorry if you took it that way. Besides - I already purchased, installed and dynoed my 185 pulley and I am very happy with the results.

Your right about the incremental differences between the 181 and the 185
(2.45 ratio VS 2.5 ratio) but the difference between the 178 and the 185 is about 4% - not to bad.

To clear some feelings - I was the first to say that NOS was not cheating and congrats on the 181 - I enjoy reading your times and experiences.

I have no real desire - nor am I a 1/4 mile enthusiast - I've stated that many times - (to me it's like flying straight and level) - with only one 1/4 mile track available to the average person in So Cal. - and only open one Saturday a month with 400 entries - you have to be hard core to run there. But perhaps I will attempt one of these days.

I also agree with Jerry - these pulleys have just started to get into the hands of owners. Results will be posted soon enough. I don't think there is a "better pulley" - just a better combination, with the right driver, at the right track, on the right day..Just my opinion.

Good luck with your mods.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by amg-jerry

Trust me, I've seen Renntech Tuning, Evotech Tuning, Kleemann Tuning, etc and it scares me to know that there are some of you that have their software on your car.
What is the problem with their tunes?
I am wanting to get a pulley & tune in the next few months, and I have been trying to find out who has the best (for the $$).
I just did the NW CAI a few weeks ago.
I will probably stick w/the 178mm as am trying to keep down costs, and I do not want to overstress the engine - my SRT6 is my daily driver.

And thanks for all of your input on this forum Jerry.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Umm - My comments were not even geared towards you (perhaps a few post down) - sorry if you took it that way. Besides - I already purchased, installed and dynoed my 185 pulley and I am very happy with the results.

Your right about the incremental differences between the 181 and the 185
(2.45 ratio VS 2.5 ratio) but the difference between the 178 and the 185 is about 4% - not to bad.

To clear some feelings - I was the first to say that NOS was not cheating and congrats on the 181 - I enjoy reading your times and experiences.

I have no real desire - nor am I a 1/4 mile enthusiast - I've stated that many times - (to me it's like flying straight and level) - with only one 1/4 mile track available to the average person in So Cal. - and only open one Saturday a month with 400 entries - you have to be hard core to run there. But perhaps I will attempt one of these days.

I also agree with Jerry - these pulleys have just started to get into the hands of owners. Results will be posted soon enough. I don't think there is a "better pulley" - just a better combination, with the right driver, at the right track, on the right day..Just my opinion.

I apologize then

Old 05-13-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg-jerry

Trust me, I've seen Renntech Tuning, Evotech Tuning, Kleemann Tuning, etc and it scares me to know that there are some of you that have their software on your car.
Originally Posted by Jeff Cobb
I am wanting to get a pulley & tune in the next few months, and I have been trying to find out who has the best (for the $$).
I will probably stick w/the 178mm as am trying to keep down costs, and I do not want to overstress the engine - my SRT6 is my daily driver.

I bought my 178 RENNtech kit before any of the smaller performance/ tuning guy's were around, I paid 3K for it and thought I was getting the best on the market. They have been very good to me and always talked to me if I called them about any questions about the Crossbread SRT 6. I have not had it to a track yet to see what it will do there, but I consider it a pretty fast car (G-tech = 12.3 @ 115mph). I got it dyno'ed on a Mustang Dyno last week(witch reads low compared to others) and was very disappointed in the 266 RWHP it put down, but @ 286 RWTQ is where the fast is I guess . It was also running way rich, but with out data logs I guess it's hard to tell why and the dyno guy said that I needed a ECU tune. RENNtech looked at what I sent them, they agreed it was running rich and offered to retune it for free, but they would like to see data logs first. I'm very seriously considering taking my car to amg-jerry @ LET and let him do a fine tune on the dyno. RENNtech had told me that they needed the car to really tune it right, I asked them to give me an estimate on me taking them the car and I've not recieved one yet. Even with a "bad ECU tune" it can break loose a pair of 285/35/19 PS2's when kicking it down at 55 mph.

Last edited by Steve Hellums; 05-13-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
My 185 only hits 20psi. Well it will touch 21psi for a sec or 2 when its cooler out.

Can you other guys with boost gauges confirm wether or not your seeing the max boost level raise/lower based on outside temp like i am?

The highest I've ever recorded is 18.9psi

Old 05-13-2008, 05:25 PM

Double post trying to delete

Last edited by Steve Hellums; 05-13-2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Double post trying to delete
Old 05-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It sounds like a scare tactic by a compeditor to try and get people to buy tunes from them and not the other vendors, lol. That is poor business practice and makes one question his honesty. Now if he was to post up proof to back up what he is saying that is a different story, until he does I call major BS.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
our 178mm asp pulley has seen a peak of 17.7psi for us, what were you seeing with the 181 pulley?
My peak was 19.1 or so, but on average I pull about 17.8 -18.5 through most runs.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianBrave

Brian,
Here is a link to the Division 7 tracks. http://www.speedworlddragstrip.com/division7.asp You can always become an enthusiast. You are fortunate like others back east to have some great tracks in CA. I hope to make fontana this summer. Look up when they run team racing or street trophy nights. The track is professionally prepped and most of the test and tune guys don't like to get into the competition and only go on open nights. It cost a few bucks more and usually you get 3 qualifying passes and 1 elimination unless you keep going on. These are the best times and track prep. The hardcore guys will appreciate your car's performance and welcome you in. Give it a try, I guarantee you'll be hooked. Also the LXforums.com always hold big mopar events in CA, and you always join up with the mbworld.org guys for their private track rentals. Contact Juicee63 over there for support. Lots of opportunities to print up a slip.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If your running low 12's or better who cares how you get there

The bottom line is your going to be making alot of people wonder wtf that was that just left them in the dust...

And not too long ago we were all bitchin about the lack of aftermarket for this car...now were arguing about what product is superior!

Praise the LORD!

Old 05-13-2008, 06:34 PM

cruzin are you a fireman or a police officer? you are one of the nicest and most helpful people ive ever seen online

Old 05-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Voyager
cruzin are you a fireman or a police officer? you are one of the nicest and most helpful people ive ever seen online
He definetly is! Part of the reason he is so nice is because he lives in AZ. I only lived there for a few months and cannot understand why the hell I left.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Forum Regular

I guess I can only speak about the tunes that I've seen and my personal tune that I paid over $2k for. I bought the Stage I kit (pulley / tune), plus I paid an extra $1k for a custom tune. I sent my ECU to them at least 15 time via overnight delivery to get what I thought was a better tune. I spent over $5k in labor costs with various places to figure out what was wrong with my car. It wasn't making power and was running lean. They said I should be running 12.5 to 1 with my tune, so there must be something wrong my car. I replaced every sensor, fuel filter, injectors, plugs, wires, and paid for a leak down test. After a year of troubleshooting my dyno shop discovered that either MB didn't gap my plugs or gapped them wrong. They were gapped beyone the shops measuring tool. After they were gapped correctly, the car picked up 45-50rwhp.

Now, after months of learning LET's new software, I compared my Renntech file to other tuners files and to the stock software. Turns out the only thing changed in all 5 maps was the ignition timing at part load! They never even touched the injector maps which is why I was running lean! They did change the rev limiter and top speed limiter. This isn't what I was expecting to see. I paid over $750 in shipping costs for this?? I was furious and now I will never send a client there again. I was pro Renntech and even put Renntech stickers on my car.

I guess the saying "If you want something done right, do it yourself." was right on in my case.

I have also had the pleasure of looking at E55 tunes and SL55 tunes from Renntech. Needless to say, they were nothing special and not worth the money.

I (and LET) promise to provide as much information on tuning as possible to better educate everyone. There is nothing special about our ECU's and the tuning is actually easy to understand once you know the basics.

It will be better for everyone if you are educated on what is being done to your car. I have sat down with local members and actually told / showed them what I've changed and why.

If you have any questions, please ask. LET is in the process of bringing a new partner on board to assist me with tuning and to provide their experience. Stay tuned!

Old 05-13-2008, 06:53 PM

haha your only questioning it because you moved to illinois! DUMBY(joking) maybe you moved to illinois because its colder and you could get more performance!

edit: that was to chi not you amg haha

Last edited by Voyager; 05-13-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Voyager
haha your only questioning it because you moved to illinois! DUMBY(joking) maybe you moved to illinois because its colder and you could get more performance!

edit: that was to chi not you amg haha
Actually I moved back because my dad died suddenly and I found out I had two brothers I had never met .

I love the cold for performance but this last winter was BRUTAL!

Quick Reply: pulley's