Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

first to 500 hp

Old 03-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: first to 500hp

Originally Posted by Sidez
love being corrected.. I guess I learn something new everyday heh

thank you for your time
The SRT6 will never be dethroned!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sonoronos
The SRT6 will never be dethroned!
No my eyes!!!... what is this blasphemy?

Old 03-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Higher compression means more power per PSI.

Swap out that nitrous setup for some methanol (to fight detonation) and run more boost. You should be able to push a base crossfire farther than an SRT6.

The rest of the drivetrain will likely come apart at the seams... but we were only shooting for crank HP right?

Old 03-10-2008, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
dyno's coming soon with and without the juice. As far as money I've laid out more on this car than anyone in history, I gaurantee that! Go to sub forums(areas) then northeast, then somd xfire club, they have seen my car!
SOMD? Is that the same thing as the SOMD Racing Forums? If so, do you know Chess?

Old 03-10-2008, 10:57 AM

Don't have an SRT6, but can do low elevens with my little 2.3 liter three cyclinder naturally aspirated, decruised Triumph Rocket 3...Should have bought an SRT6 but that was after the fact...did not know....Waiting to see what the Sprint booster does for my Resale red SE..Snow has to melt...

Old 03-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: first to 500 hp

I, too, was one of the fortunate ones to meet Jeff when he opened up his shop for all XF owners who cared to take a drive down to Southern Maryland. He and everyone involved with his operation were the greatest. He offered all labor for free and all you had to do is bring whatever you wanted changed, installed, etc. His guys installed Rotex pads, worked on intakes, corrected electrical problems, diagnosed suspension issues, whatever anyone wanted. And he wants to periodically have meets like this again!

The mods he did on his SRT were beyond professional - they were incredible. I would challenge anyone to do a better job. His NOS install was not some kit just slapped on - everything is done right including a minature touchscreen computer to control the whole set-up. I guarantee that the purpose of his post is simply to add to the enjoyment of all here on the forum and to raise the bar those who wish to push our XF's to the limits. Those who do nothing more than pound on keyboards should try to do something better. I, for one, will just have to sit back and admire the work of someone who will forget more about cars than I will ever know.

I think we Maryland area XF owners are lucky to have someone like Jeff around with his knowledge and generosity.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Fenwick223
He offered all labor for free and all you had to do is bring whatever you wanted changed, installed, etc..
Sounds like a pretty cool guy.

I wont change my moms oil for free, even if she bought the supplies.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff you should throw up some pics with the dyno I know I cant be the only one who wants to see how your SRT is set up and take a look at that nitrous system.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Banned

for $10k plus I'd have bought something else! maybe a used Z06 or viper?

Old 03-10-2008, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6 Dan
for $10k plus I'd have bought something else! maybe a used Z06 or viper?
10K plus the price of the srt6 you couldn't get a decent used viper (maybe one thats only been driven into a brick wall once) for that money. 10k plus the price of the srt6 and you'll spank any used z06 for the price. The srt6 is still the bang for buck king, just except it people.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Sounds like a pretty cool guy.

I wont change my moms oil for free, even if she bought the supplies.
Even considering all those sack-lunches she made for you?

Old 03-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlUEMDsrt6
10K plus the price of the srt6 you couldn't get a decent used viper (maybe one thats only been driven into a brick wall once) for that money. 10k plus the price of the srt6 and you'll spank any used z06 for the price. The srt6 is still the bang for buck king, just except it people.
There is about 10+ Vipers for sale under $48k for sale on Autotrader.com if you want 500 hp.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6 Dan
There is about 10+ Vipers for sale under $48k for sale on Autotrader.com if you want 500 hp.
23K (400+ original miles) + 10K+ (in mods)= 33K +/-

Ok srt6dan, you proved your point. Hey jeff go get a z06 or viper.

Last edited by BlUEMDsrt6; 03-10-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My opinion (and many many others) that truly enjoy cars is that part of the fun of owning one is tuning it and making it run/perform BETTER than stock and making the car yours. Anyone can buy a stock car that is fast but it still looks like every other stock one on the road and that is very boring. To take a slow or mildly fast car and to make it fast is a lot of fun, a great hobby and truly makes the car yours.

I would much rather buy a car and modify it for performance and looks and enjoy it than to just go around buying stock cars and being terrified to mod it and to find the cars potential. That is no fun at all.

I took my 16 second car and made it a 12 second car and it is still reliable and I plan to modify my srt6 when I get it and make it much faster, race it and enjoy it. I think if someone is not interested in modifying a car and finding its limits then they should not trash up threads about modding and maybe go read a book or do some needlepoint lol.

Back on topic, I hope some dynographs are posted and some track times soon. Once you start making good power like this keep in mind that traction will become vital to run good times.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Opticon
The rest of the drivetrain will likely come apart at the seams... but we were only shooting for crank HP right?
maybe so, but I'm seeing Audi A4's run 400hp through the wheels, but yes they go throught axles, like once a month.

maybe the crossfire's TC and "drive by wire throttle" can help dampen the shock to the drivetrain.? I would get rid of the sprint booster at that point.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Forum Regular

I did not get a Z06 or viper, because I like the srt-6. And the driveline loss depends partailly on what kind of dyno is used, the guy who did my car said it was a 22% loss on his machine( and he is a professional racer). So I just went with 20%, I will post dyno results soon, the guy gave them to me on a disc and I am going to clip out some pics and post as soon as I figure out how to do so! Thanks to some of you for the support. I learn alot on this forum. #1 alot of good people #2 alot of haters
what you're doing is really impressive to most- just a few flamers here and probably no harm intended... But I gotta question how you get that power to the ground. I just got a new Z06 and I am constantly reminded that I have far more power than I can get to the pavement. Since the SRT-6 was designed for little over half of what you're running- I gotta think the bulk of that push is going nowhere.. right?

Old 03-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Forum Regular

If I wanted a Viper or Z06 I would have bought one, there has been five or six people say go buy a viper/z06. Well if I did I would mod it to its full potential also then I would have 1,000 hp and be out 75 grand. I am a mechanic/ shop owner and thats what I do to everything I own. So please stop saying go buy another car, right now I don't want another car, I like my srt6. And as soon as I think of some more mods to do, (I probably will, until I hit the wall). Gotta luv you guys though!

Old 03-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by V-12
what you're doing is really impressive to most- just a few flamers here and probably no harm intended... But I gotta question how you get that power to the ground. I just got a new Z06 and I am constantly reminded that I have far more power than I can get to the pavement. Since the SRT-6 was designed for little over half of what you're running- I gotta think the bulk of that push is going nowhere.. right?
Trust me it gets there, I have slicks and it launches like a beast. I have no problems controling it at all. Today I went for a full stop to 125 ride, the first one since all mods complete, it went straight and no loss of traction! I must admit my heart was beating quite a bit when I got out of the car though. But very fun, this car easily handles this hp. I don't know if it could handle any more though. But I'm sure someone will try soon. ie twin turbos +

Old 03-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Banned

If I wanted a Viper or Z06 I would have bought one, there has been five or six people say go buy a viper/z06. Well if I did I would mod it to its full potential also then I would have 1,000 hp and be out 75 grand. I am a mechanic/ shop owner and thats what I do to everything I own. So please stop saying go buy another car, right now I don't want another car, I like my srt6. And as soon as I think of some more mods to do, (I probably will, until I hit the wall). Gotta luv you guys though!
Sorry just didn't know you are a shop mechanic, then i'm sure you can fix it, if you blow it up !

Old 03-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for the report.

You should try to caravan to the Tail of the Dragon meet with the four others coming from MD.

Besides, we need to make sure that we have somebody who can spank the twin turbo VW R32.

I'd have to hide my face if SRT's were getting spanked by an Uber-Rabbit.
http://www.europeancarweb.com/tuned/...rld/index.html

Quick Reply: first to 500 hp