Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

first to 500 hp

Old 03-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: first to 500hp

Originally Posted by cgocifer
I just hope his very expensive engine holds together. .
Somebody has to be the guinea pig to see how much the powetrain can truly handle. If he has the money to do it right and fix it if it breaks then it's all good.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:04 PM

you are all talking about turbo kits... what about our SC??? i will not take it off just to switch to a Turbo sorry, I drove turbo cars, and I hate the lag

Old 03-09-2008, 11:20 PM

My car is plenty fast enough for me. I'll keep it the way it is. I don't think the risk of reduced reliability is worth a couple of tenths 0-60 as I don't drag race my car.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's nice to know that our cars can take 500hp, however. Good job, I say!

Post the dyno sheet so we can have something to show the mercedes boards.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:30 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats MD SRT6 -

I think that's awesome - you have the exhaust and tires to really light up the track. I look forward to reading your track experience.

I don't think I would ever go with a NOS system - but I won't ever call it cheating. (Unless it whoops me at the track) It's just that most of my fun is in the canyons between 2nd and 3rd gear - and some sprints in 4th.

But I can't say you don't have me thinking - - SpeedInnovation dyno tuned me at 317WHP on a Dyno Dynamics on a 90deg day. (with the $3,500 in mods in my sig.)

If I add a 110HP NOS Shot like your setup - that would take me to 427WHP on a Dyno-Dynamics - which calculates to 584HP at the crank... Perhaps add the LET Headers a larger HE & colder thermostat, tweek the tune a little - - Maybe be the first to get to 600hp at the Crank??

I'll think about it - but my next mods are going to be:
1) New HE & Johnson Pump
2) Separate the Engine & HE coolant.
3) Polish up some engine parts for some sparkle.
4) K40 Radar Detector.
5) JVC KD-AVX44 Stereo with rear speakers and a back-up cam.

I think I'll get more mileage out of them - unless Code3 offers a S/C pully to compliment my 185mm. (this pulley still amazes me - am I glad I got the big one)

Old 03-09-2008, 11:38 PM

You SRT6 people are crazy lol.

I love it.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SRT6LVR
Congrats...if that's what you wanted to do...but why not just get a Viper of Z06? That's a lot of work. Is it tame for day to day driving after all that?
Why dont you go get a Zo6 or a VIPER...sell your car cause obviously you dont respect it!!!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tttosrt6
you are all talking about turbo kits... what about our SC??? i will not take it off just to switch to a Turbo sorry, I drove turbo cars, and I hate the lag
yea, but in some ways the turbo lag would acctualy helps us launch the cars considering we really don't need all that power from a standstill all it does is bleep the traction control or burns the tires and we are just about closing in on the limit of the supercharger with the 185mm pulley and there is always someone that needs/wants more.. I am really going to consider the LET turbo set up.. it is one of the reasons I have not done any of the pulley/ecu modifications yet..

Last edited by Sidez; 03-10-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sidez
yea, but in some ways the turbo lag would acctualy helps us launch the cars considering we really don't need all that power from a standstill all it does is bleep the traction control or burns the tires and we are just about closing in on the limit of the supercharger with the 185mm pulley and there is always someone that needs/wants more.. I am really going to consider the LET turbo set up.. it is one of the reasons I have not done any of the pulley/ecu modifications yet..
Ok, then why not get an N/A crossfire and add a turbo kit... when that turbo setup hits the market I will be sad, because every one of those 70000 coupes built has access to even more power than us... so it really won't be a big deal to have an srt-6 when you can buy a coupe for 10K and instal a turbo on it... I love all crossfires but the srt-6 should still be their "daddy"

Old 03-10-2008, 03:37 AM
RPM

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
20% loss factor =523.2hp.
Isn't the approx loss on our cars 15%?

Old 03-10-2008, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by tttosrt6
Ok, then why not get an N/A crossfire and add a turbo kit... when that turbo setup hits the market I will be sad, because every one of those 70000 coupes built has access to even more power than us... so it really won't be a big deal to have an srt-6 when you can buy a coupe for 10K and instal a turbo on it... I love all crossfires but the srt-6 should still be their "daddy"
you see the stock N/A crossfire does not have forged internals so it wont handle the turbos, this is exactly why they are being made for the SRT-6.. I don't think many, if any of them will be fited to Non-Srt Crossfires.. these parts are not interexchangeable without major engine modification.. although I never though of it like that.. I as well would hate to see the SRT dethroned lol

Last edited by Sidez; 03-10-2008 at 04:41 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by freakingfastsrt6
Why dont you go get a Zo6 or a VIPER...sell your car cause obviously you dont respect it!!!!!
Damn, I thought this was a forum to express freely!? I just asked the original poster about his decision. Is that not allowed? It seems a few people have strong opinions about my question but him. Some people need a life...Sitting around on this site waiting to play stump the chump is pathetic. By the way, my car is for sale...I'm getting something super sweeter...A 2009 SVT Pinto! Ha!

I just wanted to know how it drives after all that work.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Default Re: first to 500 hp

As someone who has met MDsrt6, let me just say he is definitely not "snooty". He is a good guy and a very down to earth person. He openned his shop to members here in MD he never even met before and had some of his mechanics on hand to install parts free of charge. He is a good guy and is very genuine. His setup is definitely no hack job nitrous kit slapped on a srt6. This thing is very impressive in person. Can't wait to see what it does on the track. Hopefully we can get a few srt6's in the area together sometime for a track day and lay waste to the competition.

On a side note, that NW intake is a beast!

Last edited by BlUEMDsrt6; 03-10-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:04 AM
Forum Regular

Don't mean to flame, but I never understand these kinds of comments.. for example I would not buy those vehicles simply because they are not made in Europe, I am sure he has his reasons.. as well...

possibly including but not limited to..
-I know for a fact only the most hardcore enthusiasts and or people with iron backs can live with the Z06 daily, like wise for the Viper
Slidez Come on now I own both the vet is a softer riding car and more roomy then the crossfire. The viper is closer to the crossfire as far as cockpit room.
-Z06 and Viper cost um... 3times more? but you are oblivious to that as well?
Originally priced the Crossfire was the same as a zo6 vet, but the crossfires never sold and then we got *** kicking deals, same would probably apply to a vet if you could find a 2 1/2-3yr left over.
-Corvette for one are a dime a dozen with design that will be updated constantly, the viper to a lesser extent, but not so with the Crossfire
-Maybe just maybe he is a fan of the Crossfire and is not interested in most other vehicles..? Fact that my wife constantly reminded me of daily was my zo6 was a dime a dozen, but the 2002 Viper RT10 is pretty rare.

Hey MD SRT-6, why not just get a Buggati Veyron?

On a more clearer scale saying nitrous is cheating, is like saying outsourcing is cheating.. it is what it is... it is a tried and true method of making power.. that if done incorrectly can cause major damage and I applaud your barevery for being the first to try such a large shot, but now that you posted this thread you owe us some pictures and more clear information
Which ever performance route you take, is your choice and non of them are cheating. This last statement was necessery because I needed ten more characters in order to post.

Last edited by Bulldogger; 03-10-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:29 AM

you see the stock N/A crossfire does not have forged internals so it wont handle the turbos
Correction, the stock N/A crossfire does have forged internals. Crankshaft, rods, and pistons. Forged. Now, what really is the issue is the high static compression ratio of 10:1.

As for the stock engine "handling" more power than the SRT6, don't worry. The stock engine could easily produce more than the "stock" SRT6, but once you start putting boost into the equation, the SRT6 can always put out more.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Forum Regular

I did not get a Z06 or viper, because I like the srt-6. And the driveline loss depends partailly on what kind of dyno is used, the guy who did my car said it was a 22% loss on his machine( and he is a professional racer). So I just went with 20%, I will post dyno results soon, the guy gave them to me on a disc and I am going to clip out some pics and post as soon as I figure out how to do so! Thanks to some of you for the support. I learn alot on this forum. #1 alot of good people #2 alot of haters

Old 03-10-2008, 08:37 AM

I'm more interessted in seeing what someone can do with the limited how much Nitrouse can that car take? but it should be fun to run an SRT6 on turbos.
I always figured keeping the same OEM pressures would yield a good gain in hp, since the SC is sucking about 50-60hp depending on load.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:21 AM

Just wanted to note that 110 shot doesnt necessarily add 110 hp at the crank or the wheels. Its just a rough way of describing what size pills your running. I think you probably know this though.

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Congrats MD SRT6 -

I think that's awesome - you have the exhaust and tires to really light up the track. I look forward to reading your track experience.

I don't think I would ever go with a NOS system - but I won't ever call it cheating. (Unless it whoops me at the track) It's just that most of my fun is in the canyons between 2nd and 3rd gear - and some sprints in 4th.

But I can't say you don't have me thinking - - SpeedInnovation dyno tuned me at 317WHP on a Dyno Dynamics on a 90deg day. (with the $3,500 in mods in my sig.)

If I add a 110HP NOS Shot like your setup - that would take me to 427WHP on a Dyno-Dynamics - which calculates to 584HP at the crank... Perhaps add the LET Headers a larger HE & colder thermostat, tweek the tune a little - - Maybe be the first to get to 600hp at the Crank??

I'll think about it - but my next mods are going to be:
1) New HE & Johnson Pump
2) Separate the Engine & HE coolant.
3) Polish up some engine parts for some sparkle.
4) K40 Radar Detector.
5) JVC KD-AVX44 Stereo with rear speakers and a back-up cam.

I think I'll get more mileage out of them - unless Code3 offers a S/C pully to compliment my 185mm. (this pulley still amazes me - am I glad I got the big one)

Old 03-10-2008, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
I did not get a Z06 or viper, because I like the srt-6. And the driveline loss depends partailly on what kind of dyno is used, the guy who did my car said it was a 22% loss on his machine( and he is a professional racer). So I just went with 20%, I will post dyno results soon, the guy gave them to me on a disc and I am going to clip out some pics and post as soon as I figure out how to do so! Thanks to some of you for the support. I learn alot on this forum. #1 alot of good people #2 alot of haters
Hey man...haters make the world go 'round! All I asked was why didn't you get the others. Thanks for answering that. Bottom line is, it's YOUR ride! Enjoy!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by sonoronos
Correction, the stock N/A crossfire does have forged internals. Crankshaft, rods, and pistons. Forged. Now, what really is the issue is the high static compression ratio of 10:1.

As for the stock engine "handling" more power than the SRT6, don't worry. The stock engine could easily produce more than the "stock" SRT6, but once you start putting boost into the equation, the SRT6 can always put out more.
love being corrected.. I guess I learn something new everyday heh

thank you for your time

Quick Reply: first to 500 hp